OtakuBoards

Mirror Link

Kei

[color=deeppink]Weelll...

I quite honestly don't remember how I beat him...I think I used something besides my sword...like my hookshot or arrows or something...

Man, I'm just full of useless advice today :rolleyes:

I know that you can use the megaton hammer...I'm pretty sure that works against him. I just remember it being easy to beat...that was an awesome scene.[/color]

Always equip your shield, and never let him hit you (not your shield). If he does he'll copy your moves. I wouldn't charge my sword because it takes too much time and it leaves you vulnerable. Try using quick jabs with the master sword, or hits with the megaton hammer. If that fails stock up on fairies or potions, and go on a kamikaze mission. Hit him, again, and again...without stopping. Sometimes he gets kinda slow so you can salvage a couple of complete hits. Notice that when you get hit he loses points also. Oh, and when he comes back don't waste anytime: go straight for him.

I love beating the heck out of him! I do it whenever I get the chance(on my brother's files and mine...over and over)! If you really are having trouble, use Faores Wind in the room, then save. If you die, then reset and just use the Wind(in the temple), and you go straight to the room he's in...I think. I know it works, so if it doesn't, just keep trying in different places. I just run at him slashing,(don't use swirl attack, you'll just get hurt) but it is great fun killing him. If it's your first time at him, bring some bottled fairies(when you die, they automatically revive you!):demon:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Katana [/i]
[B]:therock: Easy? Maybe for you. I've been killed three times! [/B][/QUOTE]
Well I was killed about..... 70 times before I beat him..... just keep your shield with you and equiped, that's the best way I found to have a chance of beating him.....

[color=indigo]Bah. You don't need to use your shield at all. If you have the Biggoron's Sword, that is...

If you have the Biggoron's Sword, equip it. Don't worry about not being able to block Dark Link's attacks, because he'll only get one or two off.
What you do is, Z Target him, and then just keep stabbing at him (Z+B+Up, or just B+Up while Z Targeting). If you just keep stabbing, he'll keep his shield raised, and he won't be able to attack. But, every now and then, one of your stabs will slip beneath his shield and hit him.
This is a [i]VERY[/i] cheap way to beat him, though...

If you don't have the Biggoron's Sword, Z Target him and keep your shield raised at all times, except when you attack. DO NOT USE THE JUMP ATTACK! If you do, he'll dodge it and counter with a Jump Attack of his own... This hurts... a LOT...
Dodge around a lot, jumping left, right, and backflipping away from him. If you can get on the side or behind him, take a swing and maybe you'll get in a hit. Stabbing him is also effective with the Master Sword, because it's quick and doesn't leave you open for long.
You can also shoot arrows at him from a distance and hope that a few slip through his guard, but it's hard to hit with them. You can also try using Din's Fire when you're up close.
You'll definitely want a couple Fairies, too. This will give you an edge, because Dark Link has the same number of Heart Containers as you. If you have a Fairy, then you actually have quite a few more than him.

Hope this helps, and good luck! Dark Link is actually my favorite fight in the whole game! :)[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Katana [/i]
[B]Thanks for your help guys. I finally beat him! I just stocked up a fairy and two magic potions and went on a Kamikaze mission with Din's Fire. I appreciate all your advice. Thanks again! [/B][/QUOTE]Hey, that's good to hear. Glad you beat him. Where are you up to now?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i]
[B]Hey, that's good to hear. Glad you beat him. Where are you up to now? [/B][/QUOTE]

Right now, I'm trying to get through the Shadow Temple. Again, not an easy task. I have got to go get the Biggeron's Sword.....

That's one of my fav things to fight. If you go into the middle of the island. He won't hit you as often as he would on the sides. It's hard to remember what I did. all I remember is I kept trying to hit him with the hammer. Once he got hit he would reapper and then keep hitting with ur hammer with the same process and he'll be defeated. And also he's called Darklink to be exact. :D

I don't mean to be abrupt, but I think that all of you are making this way to complicated. Beating dark link is just like defeating a stalfos and just like beating the scary ninja lady that is in the Gerudo Fortress only you don't want to Z-target him. Dance around a little and he will circle with you, that's right just like an old style boxing match. He won't realy attakc if you don't, so be a true link and slash with the sword. Now attack him as soon as possible and continue until you finally hit him. He will sink down and pop up behind you. Don't wait for him to pop up. Right after he disappears in front of you, press down on the analog stick then press Z and immediately after press A. If you get sea-sick this will make you vomit for the screen flies around and Link is jumping and the world is ending...but you get the picture. You will score a hit on him everytime and it will only take about four hits to end his understudying days. If he dodges and hits you then you weren't fast enough on the turn around.
Remember when in doubt charge like mad and continue jabbing, that always works.

• 3 weeks later...