OtakuBoards

the panasonic cube

iggy

I have one of those. It is too bad that it isn't comming out for sale in America. And if you get ahold of one that isn't modded don't even bother getting it. It doesn't play if it isn't modded. There is one thing missing in that pic. It doesn't have the remote, it comes custom in the Q

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by iggy [/i]
[B]sadly, the panasonic cube is not going to come out in the us. There is some foreign sites that will sell it to you but it costs 400-500 dollars.
Anyway here is the picture of it [/B][/QUOTE]
The "Q" of Nintendo's Game Cube will be selling for $455 american dollars, $255 more than a regualr one. You can buy it, inported, but for no reason. You can only play the games, the DVD range goes only for DVDs in Japan. I do not know why anyone HERE would want to buy it. Looks cool though.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kizu [/i]
[B]You can have it set to play DVDs. You have to install a "mod chip" in the Q. And as for playing games you have to sodder some wireand connect a few things. [/B][/QUOTE]
Yes, you can play DVDs with the GameCube that [u]will[/u] be realeased in the US, as long as their American DVDs, as far as I know, without installing anything like a modchip... :) I hardly knew anything about this 'foreign' stuff to do with them... :rolleyes:

You can't play DVDs on the normal Game Cube. The spot you put the disk is just the miniture size and so you can't even fit a normal sized disk in it. And you have to install a mod chip for the Q. I have one and it doesn't play DVDs without the mod chip. We have even called a company that installs the chips.

[B]You can't play DVDs on the normal Game Cube. The spot you put the disk is just the miniture size and so you can't even fit a normal sized disk in it. And you have to install a mod chip for the Q. I have one and it doesn't play DVDs without the mod chip. We have even called a company that installs the chips. [/B][/QUOTE]
Hmmm, well I suppose that adds to the system though. I mean, they probably didn't want to make it have the same function as the PS2 or something... Thanks for clearing that up anyway! :)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i]
[B]
Yes, you can play DVDs with the GameCube that [u]will[/u] be realeased in the US, as long as their American DVDs, as far as I know, without installing anything like a modchip... :) I hardly knew anything about this 'foreign' stuff to do with them... :rolleyes: [/B][/QUOTE]
No, it will NOT be released in the us. Only Japan. If you want one, you will hav to get it imported, which will cost even more money. Face it, if you want everything for any system, ur ganna hav to go over and live in Japana, 'cause we aint gettin it.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Gohan [/i]
[B]
No, it will NOT be released in the us. Only Japan. If you want one, you will hav to get it imported, which will cost even more money. Face it, if you want everything for any system, ur ganna hav to go over and live in Japana, 'cause we aint gettin it. [/B][/QUOTE]
So there isn't gonna be an American GameCube released in America? Man.... I'm all confuddled...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i]
[B]
So there isn't gonna be an American GameCube released in America? Man.... I'm all confuddled... [/B][/QUOTE][color=indigo]There's the GameCube, which has been released in the US (I have one), which can play GameCube games only.
Then, there's the "Q" which is a GameCube/DVD player, which will [i]not[/i] be released in the US and probably not anywhere else, besides Japan (where it has already been released).

Does that clear everything up?[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by jcgoudy [/i]
[B][color=indigo]There's the GameCube, which has been released in the US (I have one), which can play GameCube games only.
Then, there's the "Q" which is a GameCube/DVD player, which will [i]not[/i] be released in the US and probably not anywhere else, besides Japan (where it has already been released).

Does that clear everything up?[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]Yeah, that clears everything I need to know up. Thanks. :)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Gohan [/i]
[B]
No, it will NOT be released in the us. Only Japan. If you want one, you will hav to get it imported, which will cost even more money. Face it, if you want everything for any system, ur ganna hav to go over and live in Japana, 'cause we aint gettin it. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, it cost a bundle to get it shipped. It costed about $150 just to ship it. Makes me glad that I didn't have to pay for it.

the modchip will come out pretty soon and gusess what??
the Q actually may come out in the us in 03 and it will have the wavelength controller that uses no cord and u can control from 30 feet away!!
isnt that cool
but panasonic might not give permission to sell it in the us though

That sound a little expencive SS. My brother found a company that would mod the Q for $60 plus shipping and handling. but that might be why they are so much on there so people don't buy them and have to go to the companies that will mod them for you.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Solid Snake
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by KyJaUn~FuLlEr [/i]
[B]I've seen that except it's gold and it can also play DVD'S and CD'S and NGC games and it IS coming out in America.They said so in EGM [/B][/QUOTE][COLOR=teal]I believe that you must be speaking of the March edition, with Maximo on the cover. No, the picture does not portray it being gold, that is just the reflection of the hardwood floor on the silver plating. Yes, it does play everything you said it does, but no, it is not coming to America. However, there is always the possibility of getting it imported. To do this, like we said, it would cost $450, and you would need to get it modded. I hope this clears everything up for you.[/COLOR]

:blah:

When I got my Q, it costed about 200 just for the shipping, that is the problem with importing it. 305 for the Q, and then 200 to mail it (200 to mail it to Michigan). Although we didn't mail it by it's self. There was a few other things that were mailed with it.

[B]That sound a little expencive SS. My brother found a company that would mod the Q for $60 plus shipping and handling. but that might be why they are so much on there so people don't buy them and have to go to the companies that will mod them for you. [/B][/QUOTE]Yeah, I noticed that, but usually when I buy a mod-chip that's not very expensive, it doesn't seem to last long. But then again, these people could just be trying to rip people off.... :rolleyes: