OtakuBoards

(reads back of game) Super Mario World: Super Mario Advance 2

Syk3

I just got the re-make of the SNES version for Game Boy Advance today. I went out and bought it in recomendation from my friend (who says it is the best mario game of all time) then...uh...bought a Game Boy Advance as well, which would be of some use. Anyone else get it for SNES or GBA? Do you too think it is the best mario game ever? I think it's pretty good. Lots of stuff you can do.

A few weekends ago i went out and bought the Super Nintendo Entertainment System and this game.It definetly isn't the best.It is good,And how to get Yoshi to stick his Toungh(sp?) out he would punch him in the back of the head.Heh.....Just look closly....

Mario:Yoshi,Eat that Green Koopa!

Yoshi:HEY!I can hear you!Stop hitting me!

Mario:Ahh,So now you'r mouthing off,ah?Do as i say!

........Well....Now that that's settled.....I also bought Super Mario RPG:Legend Of The Seven Stars along with it and Super Mario RPG is by far better.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Zero-Sama [/i]
[B]I also bought Super Mario RPG:Legend Of The Seven Stars along with it and Super Mario RPG is by far better. [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]I think what Gohan means, is that it's the best out of the platform Mario games, or "real" Mario games. Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars isn't really considered a "real" Mario game, because it's a different type of game.
And yeah, I noticed that Mario punches the back of Yoshi's head to get him to stick out his tung, when I first played Super Mario World on the SNES. Of course, it also looks like he picks his nose when he throws a fireball, Lol!

I got Super Mario World: Super Mario Advance 2 on Feb. 13, and I've already played all the way through it and gotten all 96 gates. I still have to beat it, though, but that's not very hard.

I would have to agree that Super Mario World is the best "real" Mario game, too. I've played through it five times on the SNES and now one time on the GBA, totaling [i]six[/i] times! And I'm most likely going to play through it several more times on the GBA, before I'm through with it. I wonder if I'll get up to ten?[/color]

I finally got around to picking it up yesterday. There's no doubt about it; it's one bad(bad as in good) 2D platformer. I really got a kick out of the new voices, especially Luigi's! I'll never get tired of hearing him say, "Just what I needed!" I'm a real mark for Mario music too for some reason. I can actually hum the tunes from the first ones; they're just so darn lovable and catchy.

Anyway, I like being able to play as Luigi with separate abilities than Mario too; it really adds a new dimension to the game. Other small changes like not turning small upon getting hit when having the cape power up help polish up the overall package too.

Wow. I played it a lot more and I hav to say, there are a lot more secret stuff to get than I thought:eek: :eek:

*Yea, I noticed the part where Mario hits Yoshi to eat the ppl. That really cracked me up...

*I dunno about this other mario game u r talking about is, but i did mean that Super Mario World is the best mario i've played

*I, too, enjoyed the voices. At the beginning when they say "Super Mario" it sounds lik "Stupid Mario", then you start playing as mario and it says "Let's go" but it sounds just like "Let go", so I make fun of that a lot. I also liked when they say "just what I needed." Then, try changing from mario to luigi right before playing, and keep going back in forth. After a while, it sounds lik they are arguing.:D :D

I'm doing pretty good in my game, but right now I am stuck on "Butter Bridge 1" where the screen is moving slowly to the right, and you hav to jump from mushroom tree to mushroom tree. Man, that junk is hard...for me...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Gohan [/i]
[B]I'm doing pretty good in my game, but right now I am stuck on "Butter Bridge 1" where the screen is moving slowly to the right, and you hav to jump from mushroom tree to mushroom tree. Man, that junk is hard...for me... [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]Don't worry, you're not the only one... I had trouble with that one too, when I first played through it on the SNES.
To make it easier, start the level with a Cape, a Feather in reserve, and a Yoshi. If you've found a Star Road, get a Blue Yoshi. With a Blue Yoshi, you'll be able to fly with any Koopa shell, and you'll be able to float with your Cape. Plus, you'll be able to jump off of Yoshi's back, if you get in trouble.

Good luck![/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by jcgoudy [/i]
[B]
[color=indigo]Don't worry, you're not the only one... I had trouble with that one too, when I first played through it on the SNES.
To make it easier, start the level with a Cape, a Feather in reserve, and a Yoshi. If you've found a Star Road, get a Blue Yoshi. With a Blue Yoshi, you'll be able to fly with any Koopa shell, and you'll be able to float with your Cape. Plus, you'll be able to jump off of Yoshi's back, if you get in trouble.

Good luck![/color] [/B][/QUOTE]Thanx, but i just beat it. How do u fly when mario gets the cape? What i do is get on a run way and run until his arms go out, then fly up. But when u run out of flying power my cape is used lik a balloon and i float back down. Is there a way to stay up and float through the whole level?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Zero-Sama [/i]
[B]Gohan,The amount of time you stay in the air is based on what buttonsa you press while in flight. [/B][/QUOTE]
I just hold down "B" and tap "A" repeatedly 3 times per second. Is that bad?

Guest Imsirion
oh i love super mario world:love: it was the first game i ever played. i've beaten it a bajillion times and im still in love * daydreams*:D

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Gohan [/i]
[B]Thanx, but i just beat it. How do u fly when mario gets the cape? What i do is get on a run way and run until his arms go out, then fly up. But when u run out of flying power my cape is used lik a balloon and i float back down. Is there a way to stay up and float through the whole level? [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]No offence or anything, but do you read the instruction booklets that come with games? Because it tells how to fly in the instruction booklet...

All about using the Cape:

[b]Flying[/b]
When you get a Cape, get a running start, until Mario (or Luigi) is holding out his arms. Now, while still holding in the B button, jump with the A button. You'll soar up into the air, and when you release the A button (or when you reach the height of the jump) your Cape will open up. While still holding the B button, you can fly level by repeatedly pushing the + Control Pad in the opposite direction that you're flying. If you just keep pushing the + Control Pad really quickly, though, you'll still lose altitude. The way to fly level is to tap the + Control Pad in the opposite direction you're flying, just as Mario (or Luigi) starts to lose altitude. In this way, you can actually gain altitude, and get going fast.
If you push the + Control Pad in the direction that you're flying, you will descend quickly. If you hit the ground while doing this, you will cause the ground to shake, and any nearby enemies will be killed.
If you get hit while flying, you will not always take damage. Depending on what/how you get hit, you will sometimes just fall to the ground doing a spin jump.

[b]Flying while riding Yoshi or holding an object[/b]
When flying while riding on Yoshi's back, or while holding an object, you won't be able to open your Cape. Because of this, you can only soar up into the air, you can't maintain your altitude, and you will just fall back to the ground. This can be useful, however, if you want to fly vertically instead of horizontally.

[b]Floating[/b]
Anytime that you are falling in the air, you can float slowly down with the Cape. To do this, simply hold in the A button.

[b]Spinning[/b]
To spin with the Cape, quickly tap the B button repeatedly, while on the ground. This is very useful, because you can kill many different enemies this way, hit blocks, and even block some projectiles.
When you perform a Spin Jump, using the R button, your Cape will act just like if you were spinning on the ground.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Crazy White Boy [/i]
[B]Heh, there's blocks in the game that give you hints as well! Come on Gohan, I know you're a much better gamer than this. Make me proud boy! [/B][/QUOTE]
:blush: Yea, yea...but i don't lik reading those things. I guess i should from now on though, eh?

I learned out how to fly from my friend, but thanx any way to all you guys sho game me tips. I beat 52 of the levels so far, my friend hlping me out with the secret stuff. I'll play it again once i beat it though. U watch!!

• 2 weeks later...
[color=indigo]Yesterday (about 6 hours ago) I got all 96 goals for the second time. The first time I used Mario, and the second time I used Luigi.

I have to say that I like Luigi a lot more in Super Mario Advance 2 than in the first one. Mainly because you seem to jump and fall faster than in the first one. Really, that's the only thing I don't like about Luigi... I don't like how he kind of floats up, and then back down when he jumps. I found myself using a Yoshi a lot more than when I played through on Mario; with a Yoshi, you jump just like normal.

Anyway, who do you prefer, Mario or Luigi, and why?[/color]

Guest Solid Snake
[COLOR=teal]Ah, Super Mario World was one of my favorite game for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System, and now that it has become portable, it has become one of my favorite games of all time. I once found this one secret that may seem pretty interesting. In fact, I sent it into Electronic Gaming Monthly to see what they thought. Here is what I wrote:

"In Super Mario World: Super Mario Advance 2, I found a trick that you may enjoy. To get 54-up, you must go to Vanilla Secret 2, the third level to the left of the Butter Bridge. Go through the level, being careful not to hit the Super Koopas in the beginning, and continue until you come to a ditch with eight red-shelled koopas. There will be four Rotating Blocks, so hit the second one over and get the P-Switch. Bring that back, and place it in-between those two pipes which are located a little before the halfway point. Hit it and run left as fast as possible. Collect twenty-three of the Super Koopa coins, then go back a few paces and collect the coin that will fall from the sky. Soon afterwards, the words "54-up!" will float across the screen between 2 red flowers, and your lives will steadily go up."

Hope this seems cool enough, and if you see this in the next EGM, then you now know that I wrote it.[/COLOR]

:blah:

[color=indigo]Yeah, I found that trick in the original. The fastest way of getting extra lives that I know of, when you get the half-way gate and keep doing it over and over again, warping out of the level after you do it.
Another good place to get extra lives, is in Forest of Illusion 4. Go to the place pictured in the attachment, with a Koopa shell. Throw the shell so it keeps bounce back and forth between the pipe and the small raised section of ground on the left. Now, get the 1-Up off of the Fishing Lakitu's line, and let it and the one in the pipe throw Spinies into where the shell is bouncing back and forth. You'll have tons of extra lives before you know it.

A funny trick that they fixed in Super Mario Advance 2, is in Forest of Illusion 1, in the part where enemies pop out of blocks that are floating in the air, just past the block with the different power-ups in it. Let the enemies jump out of the blocks, and then start jumping on them (using the Cape to float is a must). Don't kill any of them, though. If you have to bounce off something, but there isn't anything else that you can bounce off of, bounce off of a Wiggler. You can't kill those, so you can just keep bouncing off of them. There are also two of them, which makes it easier.
So, keep bouncing off the enemies, until you start getting extra lives. Now, jump onto one of the Wigglers and float over to the other Wiggler so that the first one is off the screen. Bounce off the second Wiggler and float back to the first one. If you went far enough away, the Wiggler should have a flower on its head, like before you first stomped on it. Bounce off of it, and it'll sometimes give you a TON of coins (which will usually add up to about 3-5 lives) and a TON of points.
This was the only way I could ever max out my score, since it doesn't save it in the original. If you have it, try it out. It's a fun trick.
If you do it in Super Mario Advance 2, it'll just give you a 5-Up instead of the coins and points. I guess they found that in the original and fixed it...[/color]

That trick is awesome. Here's another one:
Run towards a power switch. Jump on it, turn around and make yoshi shoot out his tongue. If you're fast enough, the switch will be activated, while yoshi has another in his mouth!
I know more, but that's all for now. Mario Bros. 3, Mario World, Yoshi's Island and Mario RPG are some of my favorite games. I don't like the advance versions, however.

Guest Solid Snake
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Wes [/i]
[B]That trick is awesome. Here's another one:
Run towards a power switch. Jump on it, turn around and make yoshi shoot out his tongue. If you're fast enough, the switch will be activated, while yoshi has another in his mouth!
I know more, but that's all for now. Mario Bros. 3, Mario World, Yoshi's Island and Mario RPG are some of my favorite games. I don't like the advance versions, however. [/B][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=teal]Interesting, very, I'll have to try that trick some time. As for your favorite games, they are each coming out on the Game Boy Advance, except for Super Mario RPG which has yet to be announced, but I am sure it will come out momentarily. Super Mario Bros. 3 is coming out as Super Mario Advance 3. Super Mario World is, as you know, already out, and is called Super Mario Advance 2. Finally, Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island will be coming as Super Mario Advance 4. I cannot understand why you may despise the GameBoy Advance versions. GBA is revolutionary to the GameBoy industry, made for releasing great games that had come out for past systems. So when all of these games that you listed are out, you will still not buy them for portable use, just because you don't like the bottons or something as such. Oh well, suit yourself.[/COLOR]

:blah:

[color=indigo]Yes, I'm also wondering why you don't like the GBA remakes... The only thing I don't like about them is that you can't see as far vertically as you could in the originals (because they fit it to the wide screen of the GBA). That, and you can't play two player in Super Mario World, besides Mario Bros. Those are the only two things that I don't like about them. The rest of the added bits and pieces more than make up for those two things, though. Personally, I like the remakes more than the originals.[/color]

[color=indigo]Share equipment? What do you mean?
The game was almost exactly the same, if you just play on Mario. The only thing that's really different is that when you have a Fire Flower or Cape, and you get hit, you don't go directly back to small Mario, you go back to Super Mario. Other than that, it's pretty much the exact same thing...[/color]