OtakuBoards

Help on FF7

Spikey

Ok I skipped the first time you face the boss to get Vincent for the first try. Now I have gone to the back of Neblehiem, in the cave and I got to were I have no clue what to do. I went in that place were Cloud is with Sephiroth in the memory, and a monster pops out of one of the bottle thingys, and I have no clue what to do, am I exposed to do something in the memeory place thing? Please help.

[SIZE=1]Where? You mean in Mt.Nibel? And what's a bottle thingy...

Anyway, if you are in the first cave, follow the ladders down until you get to the last floor with a big blue spider looking thing guarding a walkway. Then go save (duh) and fight the monster (Materia Keeper). After you beat him you get... I forgot... and I beat him again today too :bellylol:[/SIZE]

if your trying to get vincent, then go to shinra mansion in nibelheim, go up the stairs, take a left, and then a right and go to the safe, you have 20 seconds to input the code....

The code for the safe is:
Turn right to 36, left to 10, right to 59, right to 97.

when putting the code in, you must make sure you dont go right over, or left under, you will then face a boss, after defeating it, collect the summon on the floor, odin, and the key in the safe, go downstairs in the cave and turn left before you reach the room where sephiroth was in, vincent is in a coffin, examine it to wake him up, talk to him and he will join you soon afterwards....

what do you mean by memory place thing?

[SIZE=1]He means when you're in Kalm and Cloud is reminicing... I got it wrong, I thought he meant in Mt.Nibel.

Anyway, if you want some tips for the boss....

Firstly, try to get Aeris' limit before you go into the boss battle, when you fight him, use Seal Evil and he'll be paralyzed. Then smash him up with everyone else's PHYSICAL attacks and summons. Then, when he'll split into a red half (magic, that's if you attack him mostly with physical, I think) and then if Barret had Mind Blow, use it, and it'll take away loads of his MP so he can't cast spells on you (which is the only thing the red monster can do).

Hope I helped.[/SIZE]

[COLOR=deeppink]Okay, now you people see what I have to live with. ^_^

To clear things up, ShadowGohan was right the first time, he's lost in Mt. Nibel. I would have helped him, but I don't remember the directions in Mt. Nibel. Bad memory and what what.

But I have no clue whatsoever what he's talking about when he talks about a bottle thingy...[/COLOR]

[COLOR=sienna]Edit- Okay, I was typing, and when I hit space bar, it suddenly posted. Wierd.

Second edit- ShadowGohan, he does mean after the flashback. (Cause I can't spell remnices lol)[/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Nerdsy [/i]
[B][COLOR=deeppink]

To clear things up, ShadowGohan was right the first time, he's lost in Mt. Nibel. I would have helped him, but I don't remember the directions in Mt. Nibel. Ba[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Told everyone didn't I...

Does he mean IN the reminices (of Cloud) or actual real time?

If it's real time, go follow the path and go up the first path that goes from the main one. Then go up it to get Cloud's Rune Blade, then go down again and follow the main path 'till you get to the bridge and then cross it.

Once you cross it, go in the cave you see and then once inside you will see a ladder going down, then another, and then another. When down, go right and save. Then try to pass where the Materia Keeper is and fight it.[/SIZE]

[color=indigo]When fighting the Materia Keeper, it will probably use the Enemy Skill Trine, so make sure that you have the Enemy Skill Materia equiped. Trine is a pretty powerful lightning elemental attack, at that point in the game.
And you get a Counter Attack Materia for beating the Materia Keeper.

Both of these are very useful.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by jcgoudy [/i]
[B][color=indigo]When fighting the Materia Keeper, it will probably use the Enemy Skill Trine, so make sure that you have the Enemy Skill Materia equiped. Trine is a pretty powerful lightning elemental attack, at that point in the game.
And you get a Counter Attack Materia for beating the Materia Keeper.

Both of these are very useful.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=indigo]Although beta is better.... it slaughters everything..... I had it at that point. If you missed it go back to the Midgar Zolom and survive it casting beta on you... it sets you for a long time yntil you get spells like ultima.... [/COLOR]

Well Shadow Gohan got what I needed the first time, thanks, now I just have to play the game.I will face the nebile heim boss later, after I get Cid, because he is my favorite, and I want to kinda be more powerful when I face him. I probaly, ahh naw I will just go back and face that boss again.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ShadowGohan [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]I think you can only get Vincent [i]before[/i] you get Cid, but I haven't tried.[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=deeppink]Nope. I skipped the Vincent part my fist time through the game (I refused to use any guides) and didn't get him until I had the Tiny Bronco.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]

yes, you can get vincent before cid, I thought you would have known that :p [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=indigo]He meant:

He knows you can get vincent before cid... but he wasn't sure about after [/COLOR]

[b]Woah, all you people talk crazy then
o_o
Safer misread SG's post, then Nerdsy posted what i was gonna post now, then SG mistook Sephiroth(? or maybe someone else) for Spikey, and then Cloud recleared things out....

Anyway, Trine's pretty good, and Beta is too, but I didn't really like Ultima. By the time I got upto that part of the game, I was already hitting 9999HP, lol, so it kinda sucked.
And the way Ultima and Fullcure weren't available at first, and you had to keep em on for no reason whatsoever but to get AP on em was annoying, and so not worth it....

Fullcure would've been pretty good if it would join onto an All :tasty:

[color=red]Anyway, too much jabbering, but what I meant to say:
Vincent is available in all 3 discs, just like Yuffie.
But it's better if you get him (Vincent) in disc 1, seen as though the waterfall-bit is in disc 2, and you might miss it if you try to get him in Disc 2
(like I did, due to the fact I didn't know what the waterfall did)[/color][/b]