OtakuBoards

what kind of music are you people into?

tetsuo

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Well first off I think labeling is a bunch of garbage I personally was labeled throughout my elementary and High School years as "NERD" they even went as far as calling me Dexter, the nerve of some people honestly:flaming:

As for the music part, I have seen and been exposed to too much anime! Therefore that has changed even the music I listen too! All my music comes from Anime Soundtracks, and Japanese singers. And for all those who are asking this question yes I do understand Japanese enough to understand what they are singing!

With those soundtracks my favorite music is classical, J-pop, and J-Rock. Sorry Guys I really am a Hardcore Otaku!

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
I guess there are just all different styles of Rock that sound differently some are louder than others and some are more quiet than others!

I really shouldn't be commenting anyway being the fact I don't listen to American music anymore!:nervous:

But if im not mistaken thats the difference!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i]
[B]Well isn't Alternative Rock, Rock, and Pop Rock just about the same? I mean, they just have a very little thing different..... like something... :drunk: They are nearly the same, aern't they? [/B][/QUOTE]

In America they are basically somewhat labeled and sounding the same. Although in Japan, there's quite a difference... Rock and Pop/Rock do sound different. You have rock, like machine for example with songs like Invader.... then pop rock with L'Arc~en~Ciel and songs like Vivid Colors and Dive to Blue.... the sound depends on what culture the music comes from. Even though American music and japanese music can somewhat be compared in style, they are different in alot of ways. One of which includes a deffinant distinction between most genres of music.

i like blink 182 and linklin park oh and james not to be mean but that was really rude to say that linklin park is just backstreet boys with guitars but i agree with u on the catagory they are in i think they are more punk then rock/heavy metal. :)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Gilly [/i]
[B]i like blink 182 and linklin park oh and james not to be mean but that was really rude to say that linklin park is just backstreet boys with guitars but i agree with u on the catagory they are in i think they are more punk then rock/heavy metal. :) [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue]Erm, sorry if it seemed rude...but it's so very true lol.

Linkin Park are basically the equivalent of Britney Spears but with guitars and drums...lol. They're very pop rock. Not that it's a bad thing mind you. It's just that I am annoyed when people try to take them as something that they aren't, namely, heavy metal.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B]

[color=royalblue]Erm, sorry if it seemed rude...but it's so very true lol.

Linkin Park are basically the equivalent of Britney Spears but with guitars and drums...lol. They're very pop rock. Not that it's a bad thing mind you. It's just that I am annoyed when people try to take them as something that they aren't, namely, heavy metal.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

lol, heavy metal...

Many peopel think Linkin Park is... punk... LMAO!... some people need to get an understanding on genres of music. Believe me, Linkin Park isn't punk... BTW, I find most punk music to be the most hilarious stuff to listen to... not the music, but the lyrics! It's absolutely amazing and funny... and odd, which is why i should listen to more of it.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B]

[color=deeppink]No :p

I'm a self-labeled nerd, and [i]I'm[/i] not insecure :whoops:[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

THank you for once again sticking my exact thought into the subject again....yes im a nerd i go to things like anime expo and comic-con i like star wars i draw and play piano...and you know what im bloody proud of it...

as for music i like jrock-malice mizer,gackt,pennicilin.
rock-korn nin
rap-wu tang clan,method man&redman
clasical-bach,mozart,johnwilliams
techno-josh wink,dj dan,fathom{dont ask there local}ayumi hamasaki

thats about it excapt for my fascination with the theme songs for evangelion,cowboy bebop.

[color=crimson]Metal- Slipknot, Mushroomhead, Disturbed, System of a Down, Drowning Pool, KoRn, Fear Factory, Static-X, Deftones, Rob Zombie, Rage Against the Machine, At The Drive In....

Rock [Includes Punk, Alternative, ETC...]- Creed, Staind, Puddle of Mudd, Adema, Papa Roach, Sevendust, Tool, Thursday, Weezer, Limp Bizkit, Green Day, Sublime, Kid Rock, The Offspring, Live, Jimmy Eat World, Coldplay, Union Underground, Sugar Ray, AeroSmith, The Strokes, Incubus, U2, BareNake Ladies, Hoobastank, Tantric, Fuel, Mest, Sum 41, Dave Navarro, Mindless Self Indulgence, Foo Fighters, Eve 6, Rammestein, Filter, Blur, Beck [Yeaaaa i'm a loser baby so why dont you kill me? dum dum dum...], Three Doors Down, Lenny Kravitz, Linkin Park...

Techno/Trance/Dance- Daft Punk, ATB, Moby, FatBoy Slim...

Rap/Hip Hop- DMX, Nappy Roots, Nas, Trick Daddy, Ja Rule, P Diddy, X Ecutioners, Fat Joe, Jay Z, Outkast, Bubba Sparxxx, Missy, Nelly, Jadakiss, D 12, Eminem, Sage Francis, Dr Dre, Jurrasic 5....

Pop- Gorrilaz... [/color]

This is sad, but I barely ever listen to the new music. I can't remember the last time I turned on the radio. I mostly listen to my anime music.... I also like stuff like Third eye blind, sugar ray, goo goo dolls.....but don't get me wrong, I don't like backstreet boys or britney spears or anything....*shiver* No offense to anyone.

• 3 years later...
im the outcast who likes classical
i cant help but comment on labeling...it doesnt matter after high school once you are in the world no one cares if your a prep, freak,hommie or anything your paper is all that matters.
back to point, like i said the variety of classical or orchestra is my fav...although i am growing addicted to utada hikaru.

Oh my, the last time this post had a response was back in February of 2002! Please do not bring back long dead posts. If you feel there is still conversation value you are more than welcome to start a new thread about the topic. Because of the age of this thread and that now it would be best suited for a different forum I am going to lock this thread.

If you have questions about posting or other inquiries about the boards feel free to PM myself or any of the other moderators. Thanks!