Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Im what many people would call a poser if you people are into labeling others. i am into many styles of music and activities. one person i met called me a poser because i was skating and then i put on my head set to some rave. i dont really care but it kinda shoked me. i am a raver though the upbeat music, the strobe lights flashing, your heart pumping at a milion beats a second is a real thrill. i am very into my fluid movement, there are so many things you can do. i love it. i love rock also i listen to NiN, Marylin Manson, VnV Nation, Green Day, any kind of punk rock. so if i am a poser then so be it but thats what i like and thats just who i am.
Posted
[color=royalblue]I believe we've had this topic before. -_-

The only thing I'll say is that I am sick of these stupid labels...poser, prep, etc etc etc...

It's such stupid rubbish.

I often find that people who use such labels are insecure of themselves moreso than the people they're labeling. I hate being pigeon-holed -- and that's all labeling does.

As for the music...I'm into a bit of everything. My favourite kind of music would be electronic (drum 'n' bass, techno, electronica, trance etc etc), then neo-classical (hybrid and vanessa mae are good examples of neo-classical), then rock/heavy (Marilyn Manson and Rammstein are my favourites in this area...as well as a bit of Korn...but please don't try to put Linkin Park in this category, as they are nothing but Backstreet Boys with guitars)...and yeah, that's about all. lol

I like a little R&B now and then...but I hate country music a lot...and I don't tend to listen to pop music all that much, but sometimes I'll hear a song that I"ll like.[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=royalblue]The only thing I'll say is that I am sick of these stupid labels...poser, prep, etc etc etc...

I often find that people who use such labels are insecure of themselves moreso than the people they're labeling. I hate being pigeon-holed -- and that's all labeling does.
[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=deeppink]What about when somebody labels themselves, like I do? Does that show the same signs of insecurity?


Oops, better not get in a labeling debate here... As repeated as this topic is (43 times that I've seen) I'd better stick to it...


I like any and all types of music. It really depends on the song. That's why I like music so little todays, everything is starting to run together, and there's nothing new to like, with rare exceptions, like Outkast. (At least in my opinion they don't sound like all the other rappers, even though the lyrics are mostly the same)[/COLOR]
Posted
[color=indigo] Well I wouldn't call liking everything being a poser, I would say that yu have an ecclecti tase in music. I like eveything but if I was to choose I would have to say blues and jazz. It reintroduced expressionism into music and allowed music to become something that was boh very personal to the artist and easily relateable to the listener.

To be honest , if you only enjoy one genre of music I would look down upon you as having a very limited sense of expression.[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Nerdsy [/i]
[B]

[COLOR=deeppink]What about when somebody labels themselves, like I do? Does that show the same signs of insecurity?
[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]No :p

I'm a self-labeled nerd, and [i]I'm[/i] not insecure :whoops:[/color]
Posted
I loke puck and heavy metal. (eg, Offspring, Greenday, Metallica)..... I don't listen to anything else. Trance music is a waste of time, pop music requires no talent what so ever......
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Nerdsy [/i]
[B]

[COLOR=deeppink]What about when somebody labels themselves, like I do? Does that show the same signs of insecurity?


[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue]Nah, you can call yourself whatever you want. lol

But labeling other people is pretty pathetic, I mean...people feel safe if they can identify each other with a standardized term...but it doesn't work in practice, because everyone is different (even those who seem to fit into a cliche).

The only person I might care to label would be SSJGoten. I'd label him an idiot.[/color]
Posted
The labeling is gay, but whatever. Anyway. I am a raver as well, i am into trance, House, and some tribal electronica. I am also into Marylin Manson, Slipknot, Alot of Mudvayne since they are from my home town. Unwritten law is alright, Linkin park has some good songs, but have fallen by the wayside. old school blink 182, when they were punk, and not pop, NIN, Hatebreed, One Minute slience, and many others. Reel Big Fish, dropkick murphys are good as well.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Vegitto4 [/i]
[B]The labeling is gay, but whatever. [/B][/QUOTE]

That won't go down too well. Just thought I'd forewarn you.

I don't like any particular kind of music. I like what I like, and what I like, I like. That's about it.

And as for labels.. hmm.. I'd admit that people can show behavioral traits which can be generalised to fit a certain pattern, but everyone shows so many of these which are all different that labelling is not viable. :)
Posted
i also think labeling is stupid..i don't care what music i like justhat i like the song it doesn't matter what it is, ex: if u isten to punk, people will call u freak, if you listen to rap people will call you ghetto n if you listen to hiphop people will call you a prep...i think its stupid..why do people care so much what other peole listen to?

er.....and i generally fall in the grounds of listening to: punk, alternative, ska, grunge, industrial(NIN), expirimental(Tool), and general rock/metal
Posted
hmmm.......my fav music is country **ducks and runs**, but it's heading too much towards pop for my taste. i also like classical, oldies, folk, rock, etc. etc.
Posted
I listen to every kind of music except country and classical. But I love groups like Disturbed, Linkin park, Fear Factory, Papa Roach, KoRn, Manson, Godsmack, etc.
Posted
[SIZE=1]Well, I'm into heavy metal, metal, punk (Sum 41, KoRn, Limp Bizkit, Soulfly) Although sometimes electronic music is OK...[/SIZE]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by tetsuo [/i]
[B]Im what many people would call a poser if you people are into labeling others. i am into many styles of music and activities. one person i met called me a poser because i was skating and then i put on my head set to some rave. i dont really care but it kinda shoked me. i am a raver though the upbeat music, the strobe lights flashing, your heart pumping at a milion beats a second is a real thrill. i am very into my fluid movement, there are so many things you can do. i love it. i love rock also i listen to NiN, Marylin Manson, VnV Nation, Green Day, any kind of punk rock. so if i am a poser then so be it but thats what i like and thats just who i am. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah I am pretty much the same way! I like all sorts Rock Rave Techno...whatever...lol....And ya I do abunch of stuff...So Yeah I guess I am a poser in the way...
Posted
[COLOR=green]Greeeeeeeeen Dayyyyy. They're my favorite band. My name that I use here is from my nickname at school. I have that nickname because I wear a Green Day shirt from the album Nimrod[/COLOR]
Posted
Rock / Metal / Punk / Grunge / Scar / Industrial ....

examples...

Rob Zombie, Marilyn Manson, Silverchair, A perfect circle, KiTTiE, [Spunge], Rammstein, The Offspring, Metallica, No Doubt, Garbage...blah blah blah....
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Vegitto4 [/i]
[B]dropkick murphys are good as well. [/B][/QUOTE]

ohhh, i knew you were cool. i've seen them live 6 times & hung out w/ them once about 2 years ago in their hotel room.

back to the subject:
metal (pantera)
reggae (sublime)
classic rock (led zepplin)
punk (the sex pistols)
riot grrrl (7 year b*tch)

but the greatest band of all time is SUBLIME.
Posted
SUBLIME RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry i had to say that, its craziness, but they are the best bad out there, besides mudvayne
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...