OtakuBoards

Star Fox Adventures Delyed once again?

Defcon5

Gamespot has it listed for June 10th. I'm not too surprised. The people at Rare always try to push the envelope with their games. Did you know that they're pulling a Pixar and rendering single strands of fur on the characters?

I'm sure that the delay is well justified as long as the game doesn't have choppy animation like a lot of Rare's recent titles.

[color=indigo][url]www.nintendo.com[/url] says it's going to be released on June 10, 2002. I've known about this for almost a month now.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: If it takes a delay to make the game as good as it can be, I'll wait.

Yeah, I think it's cool that you'll actually be able to see each individual hair. And I've heard that the facial expressions are supposed to be really good, too.
I think I'm going to get it. Maybe it'll keep me busy until Zelda comes out.[/color]

It's delayed?! NOOOooo.... how could this be?! ...*silence*

Ok, so I can wait.... but only if it's a really good game...? Is this game on any other systems? 'Cause I remember playing a game called something along the lines of Star Fox... :drunk:

[color=indigo]There's Star Fox on the Super NES and Star Fox 64 on the Nintendo 64... But Star Fox Adventures: Dinosaur Planet is a different type of game (for the most part). Instead of being a flight shooter game like the first two Star Fox games, it's going to be more an adventure/RPG game, like the two N64 Zelda games. There will still be flying levels, though, but most of the game will take place on the planets surface.

If you meant, is it coming out on any other systems, no, it isn't. Rare developes exclusively for Nintendo.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by jcgoudy [/i]
[B][color=indigo]There's Star Fox on the Super NES and Star Fox 64 on the Nintendo 64... But Star Fox Adventures: Dinosaur Planet is a different type of game (for the most part). Instead of being a flight shooter game like the first two Star Fox games, it's going to be more an adventure/RPG game, like the two N64 Zelda games. There will still be flying levels, though, but most of the game will take place on the planets surface.

If you meant, is it coming out on any other systems, no, it isn't. Rare developes exclusively for Nintendo.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]Hehe, thanks for clearing that up! :) Oh, I didn't even know that Rare was making the game... :drunk:

It sounds like a good game, from the review I just read, I'm just deciding whether to put it on lay-by or not...

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]I will definitely be waiting for this title ^_^ I will not even need to rent it, seeing as how I trust Rare with making games. I know this will be a great game, and I just hope it is like the Zelda games (style of play), like they say it will be.

The story seems pretty straight forward: Seven (I think) years after the Battle of Andross, you go to another world filled with dinosaurs to help free them from the tyranny of the evil lizard ruler. . . something like that =P Anyways, I am hoping this title will deliver a lot of fun. ^_^ [/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]Yeah the storyline is pretty good, and there is going to be a little less flying :( [i]but[/i] also, there will be alot of Zelda-style adventuring, which will be an interesting change from inter-planet space battles, eh?[/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by NorykoAngelcry [/i]
[B][COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]The story seems pretty straight forward: Seven (I think) years after the Battle of Andross, you go to another world filled with dinosaurs to help free them from the tyranny of the evil lizard ruler. . . something like that =P Anyways, I am hoping this title will deliver a lot of fun. ^_^ [/SIZE][/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]Do you mean seven years after the Battle of Andross, with the old Star Fox team, or the Battle of Andross with the new Star Fox team (with Fox, Peppy, Slippy, and Falco)?[/color]

[B]
[color=indigo]Do you mean seven years after the Battle of Andross, with the old Star Fox team, or the Battle of Andross with the new Star Fox team (with Fox, Peppy, Slippy, and Falco)?[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]I think the new Star Fox team, because the old one is pretty much dead. But it would be so [i]cool[/i] if they made one that was set in the past, and it was Peppy, James and Pigma. That would be cool :)[/SIZE]

[B]
[color=indigo]Do you mean seven years after the Battle of Andross, with the old Star Fox team, or the Battle of Andross with the new Star Fox team (with Fox, Peppy, Slippy, and Falco)?[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Im pretty sure the story takes place 7 years after the battle of Andross with the new team Peppy,Slippy,and Falco there were screenshots of Peppy and Slippy and they look very similar to the N64 version.

Strange thing is I haven't seen any sign of Falco or pics to be exact anywhere, eh who knows maybe he is off for a vacation or maybe I haven't looked hard enough.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Defcon5 [/i]
[B](Prays the frame rate isn't choppy)

I heard that Falco wasn't going to be in the game. :bawl: He was my favorite...... [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue]Falco will indeed be in the game, but I'm not sure what his role will be. And no, the frame rate will not be choppy, it'll be silky smoothe at 60 frames per second. ;)[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B]

[color=royalblue]Falco will indeed be in the game, but I'm not sure what his role will be. And no, the frame rate will not be choppy, it'll be silky smoothe at 60 frames per second. ;)[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]Really? I read that Falco wasn't going to be in it. It said he was going off to pursue a "solo career" or something like that.

Yeah, it would be cool if they made a Star Fox game set during the first Battle of Andross. I guess you'd have to play as Peppy, though, since Pigma betrays the team, and James dies... Unless you play as James, and you die at the end of the game...
Well, I suppose that James might have lived... Since he kind of shows up at the end of Star Fox 64...[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B]

[color=royalblue]Falco will indeed be in the game, but I'm not sure what his role will be. And no, the frame rate will not be choppy, it'll be silky smoothe at 60 frames per second. ;)[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
Ah, 60 frames.... funny, I heard it was ''sort of'' choppy in a Nintendo magazine.... but, it could've been wrong... :)