OtakuBoards

Resident Evil: The Movie (R)

Syk3

well, i dont know, i moght go see it, but, ya know, io have been disssapointed agian and agian by games made into movies. it all started with street fighter, and so on. i willl still see it, but i wont say it will be bad untell i really see it, cant judge a book by the cover, or a movie by a poster.

Guest Solid Snake
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Darkeldar201 [/i]
[B](ps: coming March 15: in theaters every where)
[/B][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=teal]Yes and No. True, it is supposed to be released March 15th, but not to theatres everywhere. Unfortunatly, my closest theatre is one of those theatres, so I regret to announce that I may not be seeing the movie. I hope that this is for the best though, and maybe I will not be missing out on anything. So, today is the moment of truth, March 15th. Does anyone plan to see Resident Evil opening day?[/COLOR]

:blah:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Darkeldar201 [/i]
[B]I think the movie takes place before the game, to show you how the zombies were created.

(ps: coming March 15: in theaters every where)

Darkeldar201:alcohol::mrt: :hippy: [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, haha, try to actually read some of the posts before you reply to a topic. I already posted that information on this same page.;)

Anyway, like I said before it's also a prequel because the director did not want to use established characters. We would already know that they survive, thus, eliminating the sense of fear the film is meant to establish.

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Ok, I watched this movie opening night. . and WOW! It was a LOT better then I thought it was going to be. I actually think everyone did a really good acting job. Fear was well played in this movie, and the zombies were really well done ^_^

Milla Jovavich(sp) did really awesome as well. Her character was MUCH better then I had originally hoped she would be, and I am happy that my doubts about her character were not fulfilled.

If you have not seen this movie yet - GO SEE IT!! ^_^ [/SIZE][/COLOR]

I finally got the chance to see the movie yesterday and I was impressed to say the least.

The Resident Evil films has carried over the tense feeling of the series perfectly while revealing many pieces of the overall plot that had yet to be revealed in the games. Initially, I figured the film would center around a super computer that went awry, creating zombies and other fiends. I couldn't have been more wrong.

Surprisingly, the super computer has little part in the overall plot. The super computer is just a reaction to an unseen villain's sabotage. I'll try to explain the bones of the plot without spoiling anything, but beware what you read may be a [B][I]SPOILER[/I][/B] in some ways.

Most of the movie takes place in Umbrella's secret, underground research facility known as the Hive, which is located directly beneath Racoon City. The movie begins when an unseen figure steals sample of the T Virus and tosses one of the stolen viles to the ground, spilling its contents upon impact.

The Super computer basically wipes out everyone in the facility in an effort to contain the virus. The movie really takes off when Allice(Milla Jovovich) wakes up in the famous Resident Evil mansion with amnesia.

The bare plot of the film is survival. A team of Umbrella's elite must infiltrate the Hive and shut down the computer(because they think it has gone homicidal).

Truly, the film is stylish and true to the series in almost every way. The monsters, ranging from zombies, dogs, lickers and even crows ring true to the series. I recommend the film to all fans of the game. I would go as far as to say that Paul Anderson has directed the best video game to silver screen project to date with Resident Evil.