OtakuBoards

Resident Evil: The Movie (R)

Syk3

I hope that I put this in the respected forum. I believe this is for sony because it was made by sony pictures, and because it was based on a video game from sony...

I just saw the previews for the movie. Looks like a scary movie with lots of action and blood. Sound just like the original game:D . Anyway, it is rated R and is coming to theaters March 15th. I heard about this movie. Although we are probably expecting a great show, hopefully better than the old movie, I heard that it is going to be kind of messed up. It is supposed to be about a computer which makes zombies. Strange? Hell yea! Actually, i do not really kno whether these rumors are true or not, but if they are, i wud be very disapointed. Does anyone kno anymore facts?

There's a movie coming out?! Wow.... they rated it R?! ...hmmm, well that's just about busted my chances of seeing it.... I haven't seen the trailer yet, though. What would you rate it out of 10? .....Thanks for posting this up! :)

[EDIT] Erm.... there's an 'old' movie out? Man I'm slow...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i]
[B]There's a movie coming out?! Wow.... they rated it R?! ...hmmm, well that's just about busted my chances of seeing it.... I haven't seen the trailer yet, though. Thanks for posting this up! :) [/B][/QUOTE]

You live in Aussie, right SS? Cause I'm in NZ and i have heard about it, but not recently. And i certainly havn't seen the trailer. well hopefully it will be better that 'Tomb Raider' Which i only like for one reason. Angelina Joele :shifty: (I Don't have a clue how to spell her name)

woah, this is sort of out the blue, I haven't heard anything about the movie in months, and now to suddenly hear its being released in the US....

guess I'll have to wait, Ali is coming out soon, Ali InDaHouse is also coming out on the same day as Ali, think I'll watch them both, heh....

I can't believe that this is such new news to some of you. My friends have been talking about this for a while. It stars Milla Jovovich and Michelle Rodriguez(The Fast and The Furious). It's supposed to hit theaters April 5th. My friend told me that a recent televsion commercial said mid March. The footage is at [url]www.resident-evil-the-movie.com.[/url]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=royalblue]I'm utterly pissed that they are using that stupid super computer cliche...*sigh*

Can't someone ever make a video game based movie without totally screwing it up?[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Some video game movies aren't that bad... Final Fantasy wasn't bad if you forget the fact that the movie has absolutely nothing to do with the games.

What makes me mad about the Resident Evil movie is the fact that Capcom has no say in the movie... at all. Everything in the movie was made up by the writer who probably doesn't know anything about the game, grrr![/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shyguy [/i]
[B]

[SIZE=1]Some video game movies aren't that bad... Final Fantasy wasn't bad if you forget the fact that the movie has absolutely nothing to do with the games.

What makes me mad about the Resident Evil movie is the fact that Capcom has no say in the movie... at all. Everything in the movie was made up by the writer who probably doesn't know anything about the game, grrr![/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]
Ahem, all Final Fantasy games hav nothing to do with each other anyway...

Actually, i heard sum guy presented a script very mirroring the game. I heard that it was very good, but the directed wanted something more...more...more different than the video game to give audiences a change.

That movie site is very helpful Crazy White Boy. It is "R" rated meaning that under 17 requires an adult. We now also kno that it contains sci-fi horro violence (what did i tell ya?), language (eh? can't consor it all), and beif...(what's this?!?!)...sexuality/nudity:eek: :eek: :eek:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shyguy [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]Perhaps I was expecting too much from the Final Fantasy movie. I wanted a nice CGI fantasy movie with magic and swords and chocobos not the action / thriller that it really was.[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]I agree with you Shyguy. I too wanted to see a fantasy movie as you described. When I saw the trailors, I figured it would still be decent, but when I saw the movie at last, I was sadly dissapointed. While the movie was a pretty good one, it just left something to be. . desired?

As for Resident Evil, I am already a bit . . dissapointed in it. I was hoping to have some giant mansion with S.T.A.R.S running around, and when I watched the trailer earlier this month, I was like - WTF is this?!?

It will be worth a watch, but honestly, I am not really holding my breath. At least they have some decent stars in it. I just hope that Milla doesn't play a gung-ho style woman hero. . where she is totally the leader, and the only one who has her head screwed on during the whole movie once stuff starts to happen. . . I fear that will be the case =/ LOL, oh well, once I get enough money, we will see a good movie (Riiiiiiiiiight. . ) [/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by NorykoAngelcry [/i]
[B]

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]I just hope that Milla doesn't play a gung-ho style woman hero. . where she is totally the leader, and the only one who has her head screwed on during the whole movie once stuff starts to happen. . . [/SIZE][/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]
Sorry to tell you this, but from what I have seen, that will most likely be the case. I do not really like those kind of movies. I like something more...more like The Matrix..ahem, the best movie of all time. I'll still see Resident Evil of course, but I probably won't be expecting as much.:flaming:

Guest Solid Snake
[COLOR=teal]The movie looks like an okay movie in general, but an awful Resident Evil one, with it's plot as the downfall. How can computer zombies make a good story, much less have anything at all to do with RE? I believe that it's name will be used as a tool to attract attention and more viewers than normal, and then it will crash in movie reviews. But before we make any assumptions, we should wait until more previews of the movie are released, or get the reviews from a friend. As for Milla playing the only person who is smart enough to know what is going on, it probably will not happen, and EVERYONE will be scared. If not, then why would it be a horror movie?[/COLOR]

:blah:

[color=Blue][size=1]Watch the language.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=blue]-Crazy White Boy[/color][/size]

the Resident Evil movie looks quite good ad well worth it to watch, I was a little disappointed i the Final Fantasy movie myself, It would have been a better hit if it featured on the kind of sword weapontry and magic with the chocobos and all. I think Final Fantasy 9 could be a prime example for a movie.

Guest Solid Snake
[QUOTE][B][color=Blue][size=1]Watch the language.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=blue]-Crazy White Boy[/color][/size][/B][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=teal]I am extremly sorry. I will watch myself and there will never be a "next time."

This month, Electronic Gaming Monthly released images and more background information on the RE movie. It looks like a typical horror movie, and it confirms much of what I had told you in my previous post. To learn more, check out the April edition of EGM, pages 34 and 35.
[/COLOR]

Guest Steiner
actually i saw it too and its not a computer its a highly top secret experimental virus. And the movie is goin to be the best thing ever.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ZYFER [/i]
[B]the Resident Evil movie looks quite good ad well worth it to watch, I was a little disappointed i the Final Fantasy movie myself, It would have been a better hit if it featured on the kind of sword weapontry and magic with the chocobos and all. I think Final Fantasy 9 could be a prime example for a movie. [/B][/QUOTE]

the reason why people were disappointed with the FF movie is because thats what they thought it was going to be, a movie that was exactly like a series, which in reality can never be depicted, and so people were disappointed, however, had they seen the film for what it is, a sci-fi action movie, then no, they would not have been disappointed....

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]yes i thought the movie was going to suck going off of what i had heard here which i typically agree with. went and saw the movie... IT ROCKED... y because i didnt expect it to like the games. i saw it for what it was a movie. no side quests. no choices. nothing. now with attitude go in and watch the movie, this time tell me who played the role of each char in the FF series. not even i know them all, and i have seen the movie like 26 times ;)[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

I've just read some interesting news on this one. It turns out that the Resident Evil movie serves as a prequel to the series. The director didn't want to use the established characters because any fan of the series would have known if they lived or not.

Anyway, the really interesting news is that work on the film's sequel, entitled Resident Evil: Nemesis, is already in the works.

It looks awsome and as soon as it come out next friday I'm going to see it saturday.:laugh: I want to see the nemesis it was much better than Resident Evil. I wonder if they'll make one for Resident Evil: Code Veronica. That would be awsome.

Guest Solid Snake
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Crazy White Boy [/i]
[B]I've just read some interesting news on this one. It turns out that the Resident Evil movie serves as a prequel to the series. The director didn't want to use the established characters because any fan of the series would have known if they lived or not.

Anyway, the really interesting news is that work on the film's sequel, entitled Resident Evil: Nemesis, is already in the works. [/B][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=teal]I am astounded as to the way you bring us very important news in a lot of your posts, and I thank you. I can now see why they wanted to make a different story, but does this mean that there will be a game exactly like it? If they were planing to make a movie about a future resident evil game, then I think they should have called it Resident Evil, and then added a sort of subtitle to it for fans of the game to know that it is not about the first one, which throws a lot of audiences off. Be sure to keep us posted about the next Resident Evil, I would like to hear more about it.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Solid Snake [/i]
[B]
[COLOR=teal]I am astounded as to the way you bring us very important news in a lot of your posts, and I thank you. I can now see why they wanted to make a different story, but does this mean that there will be a game exactly like it? If they were planing to make a movie about a future resident evil game, then I think they should have called it Resident Evil, and then added a sort of subtitle to it for fans of the game to know that it is not about the first one, which throws a lot of audiences off. Be sure to keep us posted about the next Resident Evil, I would like to hear more about it.[/COLOR]

:blah: [/B][/QUOTE]

I don't really forsee a game like the movie being released anytime soon if ever. Capcom's already lined up remakes of all the Resident Evil games [I]and then[/I] Resident Evil 4. If they did make the game it would come out way later than the film. I personally think that it would be a bad idea. They've already used Resident Evil 3 to go into the past and even the cancelled Resident Evil Zero that's supposed to be coming to GameCube. They shouldn't make the series too confusing by jumping around a lot.

There are a lot of cool things about the movie that is coming out this month though. I've seen pictures of the lickers(which are CG) and they look fantastic. We'll also be seeing the crows come back with an assortment of other familiar villans. Despite the inital worries over the whole super computer thing, I think that we could be looking at a rare, quality videogame to movie translation. I'll definitely post my opinion on the movie here, after I see it. I hope everyone else does too!(although Kuja and Herman have already seen it.) ;)