Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I am in anime club at my school.. and they show the stupidest anime. The president from last year who graduated last year is still there he chooses what anime we watch even though we have a very good president.. He just won't go away and it pisses me off!!!

I am really glad that every one of the officers are seniors and then ther are less then 10 of us left in the club and i am so gonna be presidnet and kick his sorry ***** out the club so we can watch decent anime instead sci-fi after damn sci-fi..

:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :demon: :demon: :demon:
Posted
well we started in the middle of dubed Nadesico!! that was torture all the annoying voices.. the horror the horror!!
and are now watching Bebop.. which is ok but not of my faves..

but something besides sci-fi would be really nice.. i be a comedy series like Ranma 1/2 or a few short ova series is all i amasking for... well 4 more monthes then i will get to decide
:demon: :demon: :devil: :devil:
Posted
[color=crimson][size=1]At least you have an anime club type thing. I wouldn't mind started one of those at my school just to see how many people were interested because I have alot of anime to show people and alot of variety. Maybe I could get one of my teachers involved and try to start one next school year..[/color][/size]
Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Posted
about a man named hunter who founded La Salle Academy's Anime Club in New York. The president ruled for two years straight with a mighty hand. He would never show the most typical anime like DBZ, and all the others. The civilians loved the presidents reign but eventually like all great dynasties it came to an end. The president had graduated and the civilians were sad what were they to do.

Even though the president was a strict man and had many rules the civilians knew that the president just wanted to broaden the animes they watch and show them some classics and rare ones. For that the civilians would greatly miss the president known as Hunter. They would never forget his mighty rule and when the successor to the presidency came he followed in the footsteps of the 1st President known as Hunter!

The moral of this story, to run your anime clubs more like Mr. Hunter did. Do not just show the most typical anime out there like DBZ and Sailormoon. Try to expand your horizens that way both you and your anime club can grow and mature as anime fans.

Thats enough of story time for this week next time I tel you another great story of Mr. Hunters life!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Posted
Well atleast you have an anime club.... half my school doesn't even know what anime is... they just call it "cartoons"...anywayz, when do you go to this anime club thing?
Posted
I have an anime club that is run by a quote on quote dictator!! and he is also the brother of my ex best friend!! but believe me he won't be around much longer... :demon: :naughty:
Guest Imsirion
Posted
ATTENTION PEOPLE WITH ANIME CLUBS AT SCHOOL!
When you watch animes, do the have to be edited or can you watch un-cut ones?
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Forest_Pixie [/i]
[B]we watch uncut but dubed anime [/B][/QUOTE]
How can have uncut and dubbed anime? That just.... doesn't make sense.. to me...
Guest Altron Gundam
Posted
Dubbed is edited always. Even if they say its uncut...its not....just buy some Gundam 0083 and show it...
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]altron's right, even though dubs are supposedly uncut, they aren't, they always leave the graphic stuff out, even in ninja scroll.... [/B][/QUOTE]
Wha? I watched Ninja Scroll, and it had all that graphic stuff in it.... was that the uncut version of it? ....it was on T.V.... :drunk:
Posted
What!? Is it different if you get it on dvd and switch it between dubbed and subtitled or in Japanese? I have some dvd's that have come straight from Japan and they don't seem cut to me. I don't understand how the dubbed version is different on a dvd with both on it.
Posted
[COLOR=deeppink]My school USED to have an anime club, but then this one girl drew this AWSOME picture of Sakura(CCS) on the whiteboard, then this loser guy came up, erased it, and said, "I could do better."
Needless to say, the girl flipped. Because of all the commotion, the nearby teachers shut down the anime club. I'm going to frigging kill the guy who erased the picture. Nobody likes him now. :p [/COLOR]
Guest Imsirion
Posted
That sucks Toki-Chan, BUST HIM RIGHT BETWEEN THE EYES FOR ME!!...:drunk: ..hrmm sorry 'bout that:D
I wish there was an anime club at my school but that would never happen.:o
Posted
You people are lucky!! We arn;t allowed to have anime in our school! They think its bad or something like that! I mean god I got caught with a gundam Action figures (friends b-day) and I got in trouble for it and had a week of detention...its really gay...oh and the person who tried to get one running...well me and another person were screamed at when we gave the idea and almost got suspended...o.O
Guest Imsirion
Posted
SUSPENDED!?!?! How stupid is that? Good thing you wern't suspended!
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Forest_Pixie [/i]
[B]I am in anime club at my school.. and they show the stupidest anime. The president from last year who graduated last year is still there he chooses what anime we watch even though we have a very good president.. He just won't go away and it pisses me off!!!

I am really glad that every one of the officers are seniors and then ther are less then 10 of us left in the club and i am so gonna be presidnet and kick his sorry ***** out the club so we can watch decent anime instead sci-fi after damn sci-fi..

:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :demon: :demon: :demon: [/B][/QUOTE]

just be glad you have an anime club. We unlucky ones don't have one. :(
Posted
In my anime club at my high school, we watch uncut subtitled anime. This is because we saved up enough money to get a DVD player and the teacher who lets us use his room for our meetings is really cool. But sadly I heard that this teacher would be retiring at the end of the school year:bawl: I hope that this isn't true because if so, we won't be able to watch as much anime as we do now if the club even stays intact. :p As for the animes that we watch and when we watch them, we have our meetings during lunch (our whole school eats lunch at the same time) :tasty: and we are watching Bubblegum Crisis: Tokyo 2040:whoops:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...