Char! Posted February 25, 2002 Posted February 25, 2002 I've been wondering: Just what DOES the 64 in N64 mean? It's been out for God knows how long and I JUST realized I didn't know...
Kuja Posted February 26, 2002 Posted February 26, 2002 [SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]64 bit processor lol[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
Fall Posted February 26, 2002 Posted February 26, 2002 Haven't you noticed the difference in the graphics between the N64 and other systems? The graphics a better apart from the GameCube, and PS2.... It means 64-bit...
Sephiroth Posted February 26, 2002 Posted February 26, 2002 64 bit processor, like how the ps1 is 32 bit, ps2 128 bit, etc, n64 is 64 bit....
tronix Posted February 26, 2002 Posted February 26, 2002 And the Gameboy has 8-bit, and the Gameboy Advance has 32-bit.:whoops:
Break Posted February 26, 2002 Posted February 26, 2002 [SIZE=1]Well... Sega Master System- 8bit Nintendo Entertainment System- 8bit Sega Mega Drive- 16bit Nintendo Gameboy- 8bit Sega Saturn- 32bit Sony Playstation- 32bit Nintendo Gameboy Pocket- 8bit Nintendo 64- 64bit Nintendo Gameboy Colour- 8bit Sega Dreamcast- 128bit (I'm not sure, I think). Playstation 2- 128bit Nintendo Gameboy Advance- 32bit Microsoft Xbox- 32bit Nintendo Gamecube- 64bit The bit stands for "bitrate". And did you know that the PS2 was the only 128bit console out? I find it funny that the Xbox is 32bit (controls laughter).[/SIZE]
RicoTranzrig Posted February 26, 2002 Posted February 26, 2002 [COLOR=darkblue]Bitrate is bacically how fast it can process information at the most basic level...I think that X-box is considered 128 because it runs on 4 32-bit processors. But PS2 runs on a single 128 (emotion engine). Processes data much faster and more effciently when data is run through the processor...which means 300Mhz at 128 is a lot faster than say 700MHz at 32-bits.[/COLOR]
Kristoff119 Posted February 27, 2002 Posted February 27, 2002 I'm pretty sure that the gcn is has a 128bit processor unless it has two 64s. To SG: the dreamcast does have a 128bit processor so your comment is incorrect.
Guest Shift Posted March 3, 2002 Posted March 3, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Kristoff119 [/i] [B]I'm pretty sure that the gcn is has a 128bit processor unless it has two 64s. To SG: the dreamcast does have a 128bit processor so your comment is incorrect. [/B][/QUOTE] No the processor in the Dremcast is 64 bit so there...it says so on the box...:lecture: :lecture:
Desbreko Posted March 4, 2002 Posted March 4, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Herman Nation [/i] [B] No the processor in the Dremcast is 64 bit so there...it says so on the box...:lecture: :lecture: [/B][/QUOTE] [color=indigo]I says on [URL=http://www.sega.com/games/dreamcast/hardware.jhtml]Sega's website[/URL] that it has a 128 bit processor. Take a look.[/color]
Fall Posted March 4, 2002 Posted March 4, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by jcgoudy [/i] [B] [color=indigo]I says on [URL=http://www.sega.com/games/dreamcast/hardware.jhtml]Sega's website[/URL] that it has a 128 bit processor. Take a look.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]Well there's something to think about.... on the box, it says 64-bit, on the site, it says 128-bit... Hmmm.... And I'm pretty sure the Gamecube is 64-bit. :)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now