OtakuBoards

Grand Theft Auto #3

Guest Saiyangohan2002

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Solid Snake [/i]
[B]
[COLOR=teal]I knew that the game was third in a triligy, I'm not [i]that[/i] stupid. I was merely stating that Grand Thaft Auto III, because of it's 3 dimensional atmosphere and graphic sense of a criminal life posing as a threat to the kind of organizations trying to stop that, was like a whole different game, in a way, then it's prequals. This was the game that I was hearing about on the news and whatnot, not the previous versions. Very true, it is currently spawning many games such as Driver 3, like you said, and Reckless, which may have been in the making at the time of GTA3's release anyway. So yes, many people ARE saying "once is enough," the first being the 3 dimensional and ever so popular, Grand Thaft Auto III. I don't want them to prohibit the releases of the future Grand Thaft Auto games, but the same indiviuals resposible for ordering the making of the censored GTA3s might.[/COLOR]

:blah: [/B][/QUOTE]

I didn't try to insinuate that you're stupid--it's not like me to do that. What I was trying to say was that your "Once is enough" statement doesn't really cut it here. I won't try to prove that bringing the game to a three dimensional level doesn't make a difference in portraying violent acts--because it does.

The fact of the matter is, all three of the GTA games have similar content. Honestly, I can tell you that simple looking expressions can provoke controversy. Just take a look at Mortal Kombat or DOOM. I don't find either of those games very realistic. Mortal Kombat featured ridiculously sized red blobs and tons of the same body parts repeated. DOOM had unrealistic weaponry, no aiming, and less blood than your average hack n' slash film. Likewise, the first two GTA games looked unrealistic, but because of the acts portrayed and the popularity of the game, controversy soared.

Controversy is no stranger to the gaming industry, but rarely does it affect a games availability anymore..to my knowledge. Back in the day games like Night Trap were taken off shelves, but we don't see much of that anymore. (Thrill Kill is the last thing I remember being affected but because of the company was bought out and the new one was wary of the title's content).

Trust me, many more people will copy off of the game and try to emulate it's success. It's a fact Jack. Whatever earns monumental sales will be copied. Once isn't enough....

As for censored versions--there are none in the Unite States. A representative of Rockstar Games, laughed at reports that the game had been censored, stating that the company fully stands behind it's product and cited the prohibitive cost involved in retooling and re-releasing a game that has been on store shelves for several months.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Solid Snake
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Crazy White Boy [/i]
[B]

I didn't try to insinuate that you're stupid--it's not like me to do that. What I was trying to say was that your "Once is enough" statement doesn't really cut it here. I won't try to prove that bringing the game to a three dimensional level doesn't make a difference in portraying violent acts--because it does.

The fact of the matter is, all three of the GTA games have similar content. Honestly, I can tell you that simple looking expressions can provoke controversy. Just take a look at Mortal Kombat or DOOM. I don't find either of those games very realistic. Mortal Kombat featured ridiculously sized red blobs and tons of the same body parts repeated. DOOM had unrealistic weaponry, no aiming, and less blood than your average hack n' slash film. Likewise, the first two GTA games looked unrealistic, but because of the acts portrayed and the popularity of the game, controversy soared.

Controversy is no stranger to the gaming industry, but rarely does it affect a games availability anymore..to my knowledge. Back in the day games like Night Trap were taken off shelves, but we don't see much of that anymore. (Thrill Kill is the last thing I remember being affected but because of the company was bought out and the new one was wary of the title's content).

Trust me, many more people will copy off of the game and try to emulate it's success. It's a fact Jack. Whatever earns monumental sales will be copied. Once isn't enough....

As for censored versions--there are none in the Unite States. A representative of Rockstar Games, laughed at reports that the game had been censored, stating that the company fully stands behind it's product and cited the prohibitive cost involved in retooling and re-releasing a game that has been on store shelves for several months. [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=teal]My friend, back in the day, people may have payed a lot more attention to the gaming atmosphere itself, the ones without a lot of detail graphic-wise, so I will give you that. In today's day and age, however, I regret to inform you that graphics in video games dominiate the view points of the media, though you will not find this feature in true gamers. Someone may look at a game portraying violent acts with very good graphics, such as Grand Theft Auto III, and a game portraying violent acts with not as good graphics, such as Grand Theft Auto I. Which one will be their prey? Correct, the one with the better graphics, Grand Theft Auto III. They choose the most gruesome game in the bunch with great graphics because they believe it will have the greatest impact on society. [b]And it does.[/b] True, it is too late for them to stop it anyway, even if they do, in fact, decide to take the GTA games off the shelves permenently, because it has already begun spawning more games that have a similar effect as GTA. I do believe that once GTA has been spawned into a greater, and more powerful game, this game will now be the target, and we will again discuss, like Grand Theft Auto III, whether this game should be taken off the shelves. They will never be able to stop the making of many games in process from GTA3, and GTA3 will be known as revolutionary of it's kind.

I never said that there was any censored versions in the United States, but merely commented that those who had censored it, or banned it, in their own country, may come together and try to ban it altogether.[/color]

:blah:

[B]
[color=teal] Someone may look at a game portraying violent acts with very good graphics, such as Grand Theft Auto III, and a game portraying violent acts with not as good graphics, such as Grand Theft Auto I. Which one will be their prey? Correct, the one with the better graphics, Grand Theft Auto III. They choose the most gruesome game in the bunch with great graphics because they believe it will have the greatest impact on society. [b]And it does.[/b] [/color][/B][/Quote]

Well, I don't necessarily think Grand Theft Auto 3 is very gory. There are far more violent games on the market. In fact, you have to enter a code just to separate limbs from people. I'm telling you, there are better looking games out there that feature much more detailed death sequences. The overall content of the series(stealing cars, picking up prostitutes, etc.) adds up. What I was trying to point out is that it's popularity plus content that really gets people riled up.

Anyway, I'm not saying that I totally disagree with you here. You make some good points. However, I am saying that factually, the government isn't focusing on developers right now. What can they do to them? There's already an ESRB ratings system in place. If government prohibits the manufacturing of adult games, then they may as well do the same for rated R films in the movie industry.

Government however, is focusing on retailers, as I've cited with the Violent Video Game Act.

[Quote][Color=teal][B]I never said that there was any censored versions in the United States, but merely commented that those who had censored it, or banned it, in their own country, may come together and try to ban it altogether.[/B][/color][/Quote]

Well, when you said:

[Quote][Color=teal][B]I don't want them to prohibit the releases of the future Grand Thaft Auto games, but the same indiviuals resposible for ordering the making of the censored GTA3s might.[/b][/color][/Quote]

I just guess it came off that way. There aren't any censored GTA3 games on the market. I'm not counting four seconds of dropped out speech censored. That's what I called a minor alteration. Most likely it didn't change the product as a whole.

Guest Solid Snake
[B]I just guess it came off that way. There aren't any censored GTA3 games on the market. I'm not counting four seconds of dropped out speech censored. That's what I called a minor alteration. Most likely it didn't change the product as a whole. [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=teal]I wasn't actually taking into account what James had said, but rather the posts of other members who live in countries with far more gameplay and speech edited. I was refering to where they live, and saying that they might come together and try to internationaly ban Grand Theft Auto games, which is very unlikely anyway.

Now, I've been tracing, watching, and reading everything in the news that have some interesting video games topics. I can tell when a game is being prosecuted more so than another game, so even as you say there may be games out that are even more gory than GTA3, this game is getting the attention. And when a game, like Grand Theft Auto 3, starts to go around with the reputation it currently stands at, other people, myslef included, will track where it will end up in the gaming world. Fortunately, it has not yet been banned or censored in the US, but I am sure that the news will keep a close eye on this game.

Another point that I would like to hit on is popularity. Popularity plays a HUGE role on society and what people pay attention to. Let's take kids for example. If a toy becomes very popular, kids will buy it and sometimes become obsessed with it. They will really get into the depth and other features of this toy. Same could be said about older audiences and video games. They buy it, maybe to act cool, or because they have heard recomendations from friends. They will get into the game, and become very influenced by it. Games like Grand Theft Auto are noticed by the media because they fear that something like this will happen, and kids will grow into criminals just by playing the game, though we know this isn't always true. The game is not really how gory, or how bad it really is. The fact of the matter that they take into hand is to look at games that are very popular, and then go from there. Don't get me wrong, I think Grand Theft Auto III is great, we just have to remember that it may not always be there, and look at the reasons why others would have the opinion to do such a thing. I hope you can understand what I mean.[/color]

I understand what you mean perfectly. We both have slightly different opinions on the series future...but that's okay. I guess that neither of us is going to convince the other here. I suppose that only "time will tell" for the series.

• 1 month later...
Guest Fly-T
Besides
Lugi Toni joey Salvoatore el burro King Courtney donald ray askua
askua 2(after donald loves mission where you find Catalina& Miguel) catalina killin mission
kenji D-Ice Marty
Mission: A ride in the park, Multistorey Mayhem, and patriot playground

WHERE ARE THE OTHER MISSIONS LOCATED BSIDES THE LETTERS &PHONES I found 3 secret ones (get checkpoints in a certain amount of time)
I got everything
except 4 rampages
6 unique jumps

I have
polie bribes at the secret hideout (bust 100 people)
all 100 hidden packages (which results in all weapons at your house and a easier beat for killn cat)
adreneline pills

Hmmm, I would try to help, but it's hard to exactly make much sense of your post. Maybe it's just me, but I couldn't understand half of what you meant. Besides, you've done much more in the game than I have. :)

I'll leave this open in case anyone understands it. Just try to make your future posts a little cleaner. ;)

Guest Solid Snake
[B]Hmmm, I would try to help, but it's hard to exactly make much sense of your post. Maybe it's just me, but I couldn't understand half of what you meant. Besides, you've done much more in the game than I have. :)

I'll leave this open in case anyone understands it. Just try to make your future posts a little cleaner. ;) [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=teal]No, you are not the only one who has trouble understanding. I am, too, confused, and only got from that about how you are stuck on a mission called "A ride in the park," which I'm sure I beat but don't recall what you must do. If you could explain it slightly clearer and tell what the mission is based on, then perhaps I could help you.[/color]

[B]
[color=teal]No, you are not the only one who has trouble understanding. I am, too, confused, and only got from that about how you are stuck on a mission called "A ride in the park," which I'm sure I beat but don't recall what you must do. If you could explain it slightly clearer and tell what the mission is based on, then perhaps I could help you.[/color]

:blah: [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]It's the mission on Staunton Island, at that park and if you pick up the Landstalker car near the small hut, there's a mission for you to get all the checkpoints...[/SIZE]

Guest Fly-T
the missions i did all of were the secret phone missions phone missions and all the letters and beatn catalina and stuff like

checkpoint missions i beated:
multisotrey mayhem
a ride n da park
I suck at Patriot playground

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Saiyangohan2002
There is one On Shoreside vale. its near the safe house down a dirt road. you pick up the hummer at the end of that road.

Now i was wondering, why isnt that car crusher in Portland not giving me anything for my cars?

Guest ProudClod
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Saiyangohan2002 [/i]
[B]Now i was wondering, why isnt that car crusher in Portland not giving me anything for my cars? [/B][/QUOTE]

Are you sure about crusher, or do you mean the crane, because I thought that you only get rewards for giving in certain vehicles at the crane in the portland harbour?

But in any case, try these cars in the crane and the crusher, see what happens.

Police car, ambulance, fire engine, enforcer, FBI car, barracks OL, and the tank.

You should get 1500 dollars for each car, and then when all cars are given in, you should recieve a further 200,000 dollars, and seven gta pick ups, use these pick ups to choose any vehicle in the game.

Guest Saiyangohan2002
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ProudClod [/i]
[B]

Are you sure about crusher, or do you mean the crane, because I thought that you only get rewards for giving in certain vehicles at the crane in the portland harbour?

But in any case, try these cars in the crane and the crusher, see what happens.

Police car, ambulance, fire engine, enforcer, FBI car, barracks OL, and the tank.

You should get 1500 dollars for each car, and then when all cars are given in, you should recieve a further 200,000 dollars, and seven gta pick ups, use these pick ups to choose any vehicle in the game. [/B][/QUOTE]
\

Yeah, I was talking about the crane.

Thanks. Ill try those vehicles next time

Guest Fly-T
DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO RIDE ON A PLANE OR HOW TO GET ON A PLANE??????

[size=1][color=blue]Kindly lift your caps lock key next time. Typing in all caps is constituted as yelling and is against forum rules. I know that you weren't trying to be rude or anything, but policy is policy.-Crazy White Boy[/size][/color]

Guest Saiyangohan2002
There is are 2 light aircraft (DODO) in shoreside vale. One at the north end of the runway and one in a Hangar near the entrance

So far as i know this is the only aircraft you can steal. the big ones are just solid things.

Don't Get your hopes up. It doesnt fly very long

and if you aint got to the third island there is a code which amkes every car like the dodo plane

the cheat is ; while playing, press
[B] RIGHT, R2, CIRCLE, R1, R2, DOWN, L1, R1 [/B]

use a fast car (or the tank with the gun pointing backwards and firing, which is the best way) to get over the bridges

Actually, SG2002, the Dodo can fly for as long as you want, provided you're good enough. Like me.

::NeoC eyes Flash::

Okay, like NeoCactuar. But still, I watch him alot, so I must be good.

And the planes aren't solid, they're hollow... ;)

Guest Fly-T
i just came to thinkn there is no other airline station besides the one in Shoreside and whats so special about the flying dodo??? I just bounce in a Yardie Lobo using the right anAlog stick around and/ or just put in the better driving skills code then press L3 to bounce on hydrolics Dont you have to like accelerate then pull back on the joystick to start flying??? I was only able to do it like 7 seconds

So is it possible to take one of those aircrafts and go flyin to another island???
has anyone ever beatn patriot playground???
Dont u just love it once you beat catalina i mean no limits totally ***k with the cops for as long as you want...
and every sice i did the mission : "Kingdom Come" for that yardie dude i have had my hopes......:naughty:
Staunton Island: Get to Shoreside Vale early:
Obtain a Cheetah in Staunton Island. Then, go to the bridge that connects Stanton Island and Shoreside Vale. There will be a cement rail which separates the two highway sides. Get up on that rail in the middle of the bridge. Enable the "Flying car" code, then drive slowly about one quarter way down the middle rail. Stop, position yourself straight, and floor it off the end of the bridge. Once in the air, turn slightly to the right or left to land on the road (and not the middle rail).

Enable the "Better driving skills" and "Flying car" codes. Get an ambulance then go to the bridge to Staunton Island. Go up to the straight part, then hit the gas. Go straight off the edge and when you get about two thirds of the way across, hold Up (or Left Analog-stick Down). If done correctly, you will go up and over the other side of the bridge.

Enable the "Flying car" and "Tank" codes. As you go across the bridge to Shoreside Vale, shoot the turret from the back of the tank for a boost across.

Note: If you do the Dodo car trick to get to Staunton Island, you can just take the tunnel to Shoreside Vale instead of flying it again.

Get a boat from the dock at Staunton Island. Enable the "Better driving skills" code and drive the boat to the pipeline. Press L3 or R3 and the boat will jump over the pipe.
Information in this section was contributed by DerekJRocks and

Enable the "Better driving skills" code at Staunton Island. Go to the hospital in a car. Jump on to the roof, then jump over the hidden package. Turn right and keep going straight. You will hit a wall and go through it. You will end up in the tunnel that leads to Shoreside Vale.

Enable the "Better driving skills" code, then start off from the entrance to the hospital. Walk up the stairs, then steal a nearby car (faster cars recommended). Then, speed up to the nearest corner, and quickly turn around. You should now be riding back towards the hospital. Press L3 to jump across the gap onto the lower roof of the hospital. Then, drive into the blue glass building. Your car should pass into it, then fall. Your car should fall through the mapping, then land in a tunnel. Drive left in the tunnel. Do not turn, and keep going straight. You should come out in Shoreside Vale.

Go to the hospital in Staunton Island. Across from it will be the college campus. Get a fairly fast car and line yourself up with the overhang on the hospital's roof. Gather speed and jump to the roof. Once there, drive to the left corner. The game should glitch and you will fall through the wall and into a tunnel leading to Shoreside Vale.

Use the following steps to get a jump trick bonus and get to Shoreside Vale before you should. When you get to Staunton Island, get a sports car. Any of them should work. Go to the hospital. When you get to the road leading into the hospital parking lot, you will see a retaining wall for the parking lot. The wall and the parking lot for the hospital should be to your left. Turn the car toward the small wall near its corner, back up, and then hit the gas. Hit the wall straight on. If done correctly, your car's front end should slip under the wall. Continue accelerating and turning your wheel. The car will slowly sink into the ground. Only sports cars will sink all the way. You will eventually fall into black and the car will spin through empty space. You will land in the tunnel that runs between the islands. You will receive a double insane stunt bonus and will have landed on the other side of the wall that blocks Staunton Island and Shoreside Vale. You now can go to the Airport or the rest of the island.

Get a small car, such as the Banshee or a Kuruma. Drive into any subway and out onto the tracks,. Just drive until you get to Shoreside Vale. Note: You will not be able to do any of the missions yet.

Go to the subway (number 13 on the Staunton Island section of your map), then jump onto the train. You must watch out for passengers at the station. If there are none there, do not get off or you may be waiting for quite awhile for the next train. You will know that you are in Shoreside Vale when you see lots of people walking into you.

Steal a boat and take it to the north-east until reaching the "wall" in the water. Find a location that is not steep on the coast. Drive the boat onto the road. Steal a U-Haul type truck and push the boat on the land until you are past the wall. Then, push it back into the water, get in it, and you can now use the boat to get to Shoreside Vale. Note: You cannot get onto land anywhere

Go in the subway by car, and being careful to miss the train, drive to about halfway between the islands. You will come across a locked car that seems to be somehow lodged into the wall. After you meet Ray Machowski, you can enter this car. You can then drive forward and it appears as if you fall in to some water before landing on an underpass. From then on, you can drive forwards and turn right for an easy entry onto the third island.

Staunton Island: Returning from Shoreside Vale:
Assuming that you have cheated to cross to Shoreside Vale before it is normally unlocked, get the Dodo at the Shoreside Vale airport. Instead of jumping the bridge with a car to return to Staunton Island, use the Dodo to glide easily across the gap. Save it in a garage, and you can use it time and time again to get around.
Go to the square of garages in Shoreside Vale with a very fast car. You will see a dirt road near the water. Enable the "Flying car" code and floor it. Your car will fly in the air towards Staunton Island

Yeah you can't run into an airplane, they're hollow. Anyway if you're good enough with the Dodo then you can reach to any island you want. Of course if you're desperate you can use some cheats to help you fly it or just jump some bridges. Anyway I already beat the game and after a thorough search there seems to be only one airport and it's the one in SSV.

Guest Golgo 13
Have I got news for you!

GTA VICE CITY will be GTA Miami and how I know is because I noticed a few things that have now led to speculation and im totally assuming that the city will be Miami Beach.

For starters if you go in the underground exit tunnel on the side of Francis airport it says Miami in big letters with a picture of a plane. Second of all in your Portland hideout there's a poster with pictures of palm trees and some hard to read text and third of all at the end of Ray's mission, Marked Man his last words are "see you in Miami..."

These clues have to be dead give aways and if any one has noticed anything else that relates to Miami in the game please mention it becasue ive been playing it all week looking for other clues and stuff that relate to the city and these three are dead give aways.

Though I should mention that Rockstar have not given an official statement confirming that the city will be Miami so this is really what I think.

Guest Saiyangohan2002
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Digital [/i]
[B]Yeah you can't run into an airplane, they're hollow. Anyway if you're good enough with the Dodo then you can reach to any island you want. Of course if you're desperate you can use some cheats to help you fly it or just jump some bridges. Anyway I already beat the game and after a thorough search there seems to be only one airport and it's the one in SSV. [/B][/QUOTE]

The ones on the RUNWAY taking off are hollow. but you mis understand, i was meaning the ones that are Still, or parked. i ran into one and crashed. Yeah the ones on the runway are hollow, thats kinda funny!

Guest Fly-T
And I had learned the concept of flying then I ran into one , burned a dodo, and had to run all the way back out to the road just to go get a car when i hate running cuz i always get lost in that big parking lot