OtakuBoards

Grand Theft Auto #3

Guest Saiyangohan2002

Guest Saiyangohan2002
it has to be said that gta3 is the best on the ps2 so far. I hire out a ps2 just to play it. I would not get sick of it as every game is original and in wonderful 3d and real time. it sells like hot cakes here in New zealand and you would be lucky to find a copy. as it sells out all the time. pleeze! if you know of a code to get the two bridges fixed. let me know . i have only used the dodo car cheat to get over.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey someone else from New Zealand!!! Yay!!! Me, NeoCactuar, and Final Flash are the other two from New Zealand. One of the only places where you can buy GTA3 uncensored :-D :-D

Now, there is no code to get the bridges fixed, but once you compleate all the missions for one island, the bridge will be repaired. I Suggest waiting untill then to go over, otherwise it can ruin the game for you. But then again GTA3 is one of those Un-ruinable games, even with cheats.

Guest Saiyangohan2002
thanks dude. i was really hoping i could use a code to fix the bridge because the third island i so much better than the other two. oh well. ill just stick at the missions then...

Guest Shift
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by NeoCactuar [/i]
[B]. But then again GTA3 is one of those Un-ruinable games, even with cheats. [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=indigo]True my friend very true i cheated and it was still great...[/COLOR]

Guest Solid Snake
[COLOR=teal]Like NeoCactuar said, you must complete all of the missions from the first island to get to the second, and complete all of the second to get to the last. The phone missions are not necessary, but they will indeed help you later on. As for the regular missions, they will come to an end on the first island after you take the assignment from the main mofia guy to get into a car. Just a heads up, watch your beeper at the top of the screen. The game is selling a lot over here in America as well, with the uncut version. It is very good, and is the only sensible game to put cheats into and still have fun, which you get from almost any gaming magazine. I hope you enjoy it, but not too much, or you will ruin the experience of the fourth game, due to come out in August.[/COLOR]

:blah:

[COLOR=darkblue]Hey, game of the year...it's probably one of the best free-exploration games out there...but the only thing that's bad about it is that I had to show my I.D. when I bought it and forgot it at home. Though it kinda gets repetitive after playing it for a while.[/COLOR]

Guest Solid Snake
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by HypnotizedGohan [/i]
[B]and super man[/B][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=teal]Through the codes that I have seen in gaming magazines, this one was absent from my memory. Would you be so kind as to give us the cheat? Also, I have heard that there was a way to be a part of "Liberty City Surviver." If you have this one as well, your help would be greatly appreciated. Again, I do not mind putting cheats on this game because without them, you may get tired of it and find it "repetative." Of course, using them to complete a mission would be no fun at all.[/COLOR]

i dunno wut the cheat is of the top of my head sry, but my friend has the magazine maybe i can find the cheat online or suttin i only posted this cuz i love this game i always play it at my friends house (i am poor i don't have a ps2)
-edit- i found the code for car handling R1, L1, R2, L1, Left, R1(2), Triangle and i can't find the superman code so i guess dod will have to do that is Right, R2, Circle, R1, L2, Down, L1, R1 you press up to fly in this cheat

[SIZE=1]Aye, this game in many ways does amazingly rock! But, yes, mindlessly killing innocent people for 6 hours can get a bit... boring, to say the least.

But, it's good they added things like "INSANE stunts" so you keep playing the game to do all the INSANE stunts and find all the hidden packages :).[/SIZE]

Guest Solid Snake
[B]i dunno wut the cheat is of the top of my head sry, but my friend has the magazine maybe i can find the cheat online or suttin i only posted this cuz i love this game i always play it at my friends house (i am poor i don't have a ps2)
-edit- i found the code for car handling R1, L1, R2, L1, Left, R1(2), Triangle and i can't find the superman code so i guess dod will have to do that is Right, R2, Circle, R1, L2, Down, L1, R1 you press up to fly in this cheat [/B][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=teal]Thank you for the cheat. I put it in and the words "Cheat Activated" popped up at the top left of the screen, but when I pressed up, like you instructed, he merely went forward. I do believe that you must have gotten this mixed up with a different cheat, or there is more of a trick to flying than to just press forward. So if you could get the actual cheat from your friend, or if you could give me a flying tip, I would be ever so pleased.[/COLOR]

Guest Solid Snake
[B]i think i meant to say L3 [/B][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=teal]Yes, this is the correct technique, thank you. My brother got a car to fly, but in doing so, he only managed to lift it up and turn it upside down. It will require some work, but I think we may prefect it in time. Thanks again.[/COLOR]

Oh boy, I have some great news for Grand Theft Auto 3 fans. It turns out that the success of the first game will result in an expansion title to be called Grand Theft Auto III: Miami. This new title should be out by the end of the year and insiders say that it takes place in Don Johnson's old stomping ground. Don't forget that Grand Theft Auto 4 is in development as well...

Guest Solid Snake
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Crazy White Boy [/i]
[B]Oh boy, I have some great news for Grand Theft Auto 3 fans. It turns out that the success of the first game will result in an expansion title to be called Grand Theft Auto III: Miami. This new title should be out by the end of the year and insiders say that it takes place in Don Johnson's old stomping ground. Don't forget that Grand Theft Auto 4 is in development as well... [/B][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=teal]That is good news indeed, but I heard from a reliable source that Grand Theft Auto IV was due to come out this August. If this is true, and Grand Theft Auto III: Miami was to come out by the end of this year, then Rockstar must have gotten their numbers mixed up. One of our dates must be wrong, but which one? Probably mine, and this news is sure to bring up some controversy because of the way Grand Theft Auto III was portrayed, so don't don't get your hopes up just yet.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Solid Snake [/i]
[B]
[COLOR=teal]Probably mine, and this news is sure to bring up some controversy because of the way Grand Theft Auto III was portrayed, so don't don't get your hopes up just yet.[/COLOR]

:blah: [/B][/QUOTE]

Oh, my hopes are up, hehe. Grand Theft Auto III, despite rumors of it being banned or recalled and "toned down" is still readily available in it's original form at every major video game retailer. This includes the infamous Wal-Mart(who always pulls controversial products). Remember the Al Snow doll controversy? They took an action figure off the shelves because the character carried around a mannequin head. Hehe, they said it portrayed "violence against women."

Off that tangent, it's pretty safe to say that we'll be keeping our Grand Theft Auto for quite a while.

Guest Solid Snake
[B]Remember the Al Snow doll controversy? They took an action figure off the shelves because the character carried around a mannequin head. Hehe, they said it portrayed "violence against women."[/B][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=teal]Yes, in fact, I believe I had one of them, heh. Back to Grand Theft Auto III, sure they tolerated it once, but twice is pushing their luck. I'm sorry if I seem to be questioning your judgement, but there is always a possibility. If they do, in fact, allow another two to be released, then I am sure most stores will sell out of it so fast that you wouldn't be able to get one anyway. It is popular, and will continue to grow even more popular if they stay on the same track. If they change it too much, or not enough, however, they could kiss their fame good-bye. We'll just have to wait and see how everything plays out.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by NeoCactuar [/i]
[B]Hey someone else from New Zealand!!! Yay!!! Me, NeoCactuar, and Final Flash are the other two from New Zealand. One of the only places where you can buy GTA3 uncensored :-D :-D
[/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue]Ah yes, the censoring. By the by, I found out that a total of [i]four seconds[/i] of speech was edited out of the Australian version of GTAIII. ;)

So I'd say our version is pretty uncensored, when compared with other countries lol.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Solid Snake [/i]
[B]
[COLOR=teal]Yes, in fact, I believe I had one of them, heh. Back to Grand Theft Auto III, sure they tolerated it once, but twice is pushing their luck. I'm sorry if I seem to be questioning your judgement, but there is always a possibility. If they do, in fact, allow another two to be released, then I am sure most stores will sell out of it so fast that you wouldn't be able to get one anyway. It is popular, and will continue to grow popular if they stay on the same track. If they change it too much, or not enough, however, they could kiss their fame good-bye. We'll just have to wait and see how everything plays out.[/COLOR]

:blah: [/B][/QUOTE]

Well you make an interesting point by saying, "once is enough?" Remember the "III" at the end of the title. This game is the third in a trilogy. The reason the game has garnered so much controversy is because it's three dimensional now. Overall, it's not much more extreme than it's predecessors. Anyway, even if they did cancel further installments of the Grand Theft Auto series, the problem would not be solved. Because of the game's success, there will surely be imitators. Heck, Driver 3 has been in development pre PS2 launch and is said to take the concept even further. "We'll see about that one," is my response.

While we're on the subject of questionable content, the Violent Video Game Protection Act has been submitted in the Georgia legislature and would make criminals out of anyone selling a game rated violent by the ERSB rating system to a minor.

This leads me to believe that government is focusing its attack on retailers rather than developers....

Guest Solid Snake
[B]

Well you make an interesting point by saying, "once is enough?" Remember the "III" at the end of the title. This game is the third in a trilogy. The reason the game has garnered so much controversy is because it's three dimensional now. Overall, it's not much more extreme than it's predecessors. Anyway, even if they did cancel further installments of the Grand Theft Auto series, the problem would not be solved. Because of the game's success, there will surely be imitators. Heck, Driver 3 has been in development pre PS2 launch and is said to take the concept even further. "We'll see about that one," is my response.

While we're on the subject of questionable content, the Violent Video Game Protection Act has been submitted in the Georgia legislature and would make criminals out of anyone selling a game rated violent by the ERSB rating system to a minor.

This leads me to believe that government is focusing its attack on retailers rather than developers.... [/B][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=teal]I knew that the game was third in a triligy, I'm not [i]that[/i] stupid. I was merely stating that Grand Thaft Auto III, because of it's 3 dimensional atmosphere and graphic sense of a criminal life posing as a threat to the kind of organizations trying to stop that, was like a whole different game, in a way, then it's prequals. This was the game that I was hearing about on the news and whatnot, not the previous versions. Very true, it is currently spawning many games such as Driver 3, like you said, and Reckless, which may have been in the making at the time of GTA3's release anyway. So yes, many people ARE saying "once is enough," the first being the 3 dimensional and ever so popular, Grand Thaft Auto III. I don't want them to prohibit the releases of the future Grand Thaft Auto games, but the same indiviuals resposible for ordering the making of the censored GTA3s might.[/COLOR]

Guest Saiyangohan2002
this cheat is known over here as the Dodo car (taken from the plane you can get on the 3rd island) before you press up, like most aeroplanes you need to get considerable speed to fly*.

*flying, as in the superman cheat and dodo aeroplane simply put, is crap. you can only fly so far off the ground and not for very long either. it is hard to get over the second bridge using is but easy over the first.

Guest Solid Snake
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Saiyangohan2002 [/i]
[B]this cheat is known over here as the Dodo car (taken from the plane you can get on the 3rd island) before you press up, like most aeroplanes you need to get considerable speed to fly*.

*flying, as in the superman cheat and dodo aeroplane simply put, is crap. you can only fly so far off the ground and not for very long either. it is hard to get over the second bridge using is but easy over the first. [/B][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=teal]Well, that would be a matter of opinion. It may be more difficult for some people, myself included, but easy for others. I have a friend who swears that his dad has flown for over 20 seconds, and he could have probably flown longer if he wished. It merely takes practice, that's all. You say that it is easy for you to fly over the first bridge. Is there some specail technique that you must use? My friend was trying to explain it, but it made very little sense.[/COLOR]