OtakuBoards

Is this ok?

liamc2

In English we have been given and Assignment to make a Feature Article with the fantasy genre eg: Stonehenge, St George and the Dragon etc.

My Idea is to do the online Text fantasy RPGs to show that the fantasy ideal is still alive and kicking.

I need to know if its ok to give otaku publicity in my assignment (if its ok to use as my main thing) an also quotes and stuff from people who do fantasy rpgs online. (not to mention from Adam and James, the founders of the boards)

Regards, Liam

PS (Could a moderator move this to GD, but keep it here? (put a link or summat thankyou again)

[COLOR=darkblue]Hehe...I guess it's okay...spread the word of the Otaku (you might wanna ask the creators of the stories first though) ;)...so what you're trying to do is use examples from these boards so you can have some proof for your articles? The fantasy genre is really broad though...I think Medival would be a better word for it...[/COLOR]

mmm, we doing this article, through the eyes of a reporter, because of the whole LOTR and HP thing going, so yes a surreal medieval type thing.

For my article, I am showing how fantasy is not dead, and how computers are broadening our generations imgagination and literature, As well as helping young novelists seeing how good they really are.

Thats the basic idea
;)

mebbe I should email the admins. .

[COLOR=darkblue]The medival fantasy setting is still very much alive...it's a lot more organic and lush than the futuristic settings IE: FF the movie...Umm...what' else...people want to sometimes escape from a world that remotely looks like their own I guess...and there's a lot of other reasons why...[/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by liamc2 [/i]
[B]In English we have been given and Assignment to make a Feature Article with the fantasy genre eg: Stonehenge, St George and the Dragon etc.

My Idea is to do the online Text fantasy RPGs to show that the fantasy ideal is still alive and kicking.

I need to know if its ok to give otaku publicity in my assignment (if its ok to use as my main thing) an also quotes and stuff from people who do fantasy rpgs online. (not to mention from Adam and James, the founders of the boards)

Regards, Liam

PS (Could a moderator move this to GD, but keep it here? (put a link or summat thankyou again) [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue]If you want my comments on anything, it's probably best to PM me rather than send an email (as I don't check my email all that often these days). :)[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by liamc2 [/i]
[B]
I need to know if its ok to give otaku publicity in my assignment (if its ok to use as my main thing) an also quotes and stuff from people who do fantasy rpgs online. (not to mention from Adam and James, the founders of the boards) [/B][/QUOTE]

it would be best to pm the people whom quotes you will be using, just to make sure they are ok with it....

james....founder of the boards? lol!

lol, I can imagine how adam would react to that....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]

james....founder of the boards? lol!

lol, I can imagine how adam would react to that.... [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue]Uhh yeah...how [i]would[/i] he react, Sephiroth? :drunk: [/color]

[B]

he wouldn't....thats the thing :drunk: [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue]Yeah...you're probably right. He'll soon be too lazy to breathe for himself. :p

By the way, you should make sure to check out the next Ask Otaku. I sent Adam an interesting email about you...[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B]

[color=royalblue]Yeah...you're probably right. He'll soon be too lazy to breathe for himself. :p

By the way, you should make sure to check out the next Ask Otaku. I sent Adam an interesting email about you...[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

ugh? about me? well, when's the next ask otaku then? nothing bad, is it? :nervous: lol

Guest Shift
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B]

By the way, you should make sure to check out the next Ask Otaku. I sent Adam an interesting email about you...[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

What kind of e-mail? I can't wait for the next ask Otaku...

[B]

ugh? about me? well, when's the next ask otaku then? nothing bad, is it? :nervous: lol [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue]Ohh dun worry Seph...it's nothing [i]too[/i] bad. I'm sure you'll get a laugh out of it. ;)[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SuperSayian [/i]
[B]What [b]exactly[/b] is Ask Otaku?

*watches everyone fall over anime-style* [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=crimson]..... You arent serious are you Neil?

[url=http://www.theotaku.com/askotaku.shtml]Ask Otaku[/url] is a thing on theotaku.com...[/color]

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I almost fell off my chair laughing!!!

Can I post it up? :D

[QUOTE][SIZE=4][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]Mr. Burns:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[B]Dear Adam,

Sephiroth (a Super Moderator at OtakuBoards.com) is worrying me. The lower half of his signature says something about "demanding a Yaoi section on OtakuBoards".

At first, I thought this was just a passing craze. Why the sudden interest in homosexual anime? Sure, it's tittilating...and sure, I don't know a soul who doesn't get aroused by it, but is it really appropriate?

I pondered this issue for quite some time to no avail. Just as I thought I was coming to a conclusion on the matter, I received a strange email from one "Mr. S" which displayed various naked staff members with the words "GIVE ME YAOI! I KNOW WHERE U LIVE!"

I strongly suspect that Masterfork is involved (if only due to the capital letters and use of "U"). I would like your advice on this subject. Should I really make a Yaoi forum? And if not, how am I going to satisfy Sephiroth's "urges"? (I beg you not to take that last question out of context).

Regards,

James.[/B]

First of all, I don't know anything about this "Yaoi" thing. Because of this I cannot make a wise judgement on the matter. But since I'm Adam I shall do so anyway: Yaoi is coming on theOtaku.com over my dead body, I don't want another section to worry about and have to update, hahahhahahahah. Second of all, I think the mysterious email with the naked staff members is a case for Inspector Gadget and not myself. Third of all, I think we both know how you should take care of Sephiroth's "urges" ;-).[/QUOTE]

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

mms. .its 11: 30 pm. .not a good time to be doing the assignment i know. .but, well, yes. .

Anyhow, I have 396 words of the 600wrd min. My point is, what else should I do, this ideal of fantasy doesnt fit the examples I've been given for the assignment. Iono. I'm stuck. .

BTW: I have quoted RicoTranzrig and James, thanks for the help. .but I need more ideas unfortunately. .

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DeathKnight [/i]
[B]

[color=crimson]..... You arent serious are you Neil?

[url=http://www.theotaku.com/askotaku.shtml]Ask Otaku[/url] is a thing on theotaku.com...[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

:shifty: Uh, YEAH, yeah, I knew allllll about that... Right... :shifty:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Dragonballzman [/i]
[B]BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I almost fell off my chair laughing!!!

Can I post it up? :D

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: [/B][/QUOTE]

stop mocking me! *whacks dbzman with rolled up newspaper*

heh, you should look out for the next ask otaku, for my reply on what james sent....