OtakuBoards

Were you ever a loner in your life?

Guardian_Tidus

[color=deeppink]Yep, all during 7th grade and a better part of 8th grade I was a huge loner. I had "friends", but they all hated me and made fun of me. It was horrible. I very much know what it's like to not have friends and to be constantly humiliated.

(I then realized that it was the way I acted that made me so unlikable. I complained a lot and got upset easily, so I completely changed this behavior one summer and I've been doing better ever since :))[/color]

[COLOR=green]I am quite the loner. I have very few friends in real life. Over the internet, though, I have quite a few friends.

Mainly I stay away from people because I have a dislike of the kids my age around my area...[/COLOR]

I STILL go back and forth between the two. I enjoy silence and solitude but, I find it hard to obtain sometimes. I have many [i]aquaintances[/i] and only a few [i]friends[/i]. The first being what most people call 'friends' and the second being what most call 'close friends.' Between the two and everything else Life throws at me, I'm very pressed for time.

-Justin

[SIZE=1][color=indigo]Hrmmm... I'm not really a loner by myself. But rather my small group of friends tend to exclude others from us. So it's more like our little group is one big loner. We really don't like many other people, mostly because they don't like us. :p[/SIZE][/color]

[color=orange]Contrary to what people I know might think, I am a big loner. I only have 3 or 4 close friends and I hardly ever even hang out with them! I think it is better to be a loner because you do your own thing and you don't always have to go along with the crowd. All in all, I think it is better for your personal growth to be a loner because than you get to know yourself better, which is what matters. It doesn't matter what other people think of you as long as you are secure with yourself!:babble: I am babbling... sorry! [/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by goddess21 [/i]
[B][color=orange]Contrary to what people I know might think, I am a big loner. [/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Heh! And this ^ was written by a girl that was on homecoming court...I love you girl! Thing is, EVERYONE loves you in our school, and you are definitely one cool chica. I know what you're saying though, because I think I have always seen you as a definite social butterfly, someone who gets along with everyone :D (Rather than settling down with a certain group of friends :))

Just remember you're always loved by us![/color]

Throughout highschool I was a major loner and content with it. I must admit I was an arrogant little 'beep' and lost interest in people too easily back then. I guess it was just the highschool I went to. I still lose interest in people if I can't laugh, be a smartarse or have a decent conversation with them. Although I attract a lot of people, I only have 4 or 5 friends that I cherish. But I always leave a great deal of time just to hang out on my own. I am very comfortable being by myself.

Guest Imsirion
hmm, well I was a big loner and still perfer to be by myself but I have like 5 guy friends,(3 are also out of school friends) and 7 school friends that are girls. I guess were like a loner group too because were not popular. But like I said, I like being by myself much more.

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
I can safely say that I am a loner, I only have 4 friends in real life that are always there for me. It isn't for the reason I was arrogant or anything of the sort its just I like to study and couldn't relate to my age group.

In certain aspects being a loner can be a good thing, you have more time to focus on your studies, and do many constructive things with your time. However after awhile being a loner can be a bad thing. I'll use myself as an example.

In being a loner I lost out or probably better said missed out on many things that were suppose to make high school fun! Because I could not relate to people around my age I stopped going to the dances, honestly what was I going to do ask the d.j. "could you please put some J-pop on?" No one in my school even knew what that meant so I lost interest in showing up to a dance with music I didn't like!

Another thing I missed out on was really the whole teenage dating thing, its sad to say it but being a loner I stayed home much, so when you do this its hard to get a date, also being the fact I went to an all boys school did not help my chances much! Meaning I never had a girlfriend through high school!

So from the last two points I made it is clear to say the last thing I missed out on was going to the prom since one I didn't like the music and two by that time I had no one to ask since I stayed home so much. In other words I didn't know any girls!:(

Here now come the good points out of being a loner!

I always was home doing my homework and studying like a good boy so I got straight A's in almost every subject. By the time I graduated I had recieved the presidents award for Outstanding Academic Achievement, by both Presidents, Clinton and Bush!

I also got to find myself and the type of person I was and wanted out of life! So now I am trying to gain what I took away from myself willingly a social life and dating! Hopefully I can break my loner trend like some of you here did, well thats enough of that, Adam is probably yelling at me to go do more anime reviews or something now!
:) :toothy: :D :rolleyes:

Guest Voodookanaka
um yeh im a loner always have been always will be, i don't generally like ppl, which is ok because ppl dont generally like me...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i]
[B][color=green]Erm, I'm confussled. :D What's a "loner"?[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

In my opinion a loner is someone who is comfortable with being on their own and/or one who enjoys spending quality time in their own company, or someone who dislikes or is not interested in being around too many people or has few, but close friends.

Or someone who is completely nigelated:D Just depends on what kind of a loner you are.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B]

[color=deeppink]Heh! And this ^ was written by a girl that was on homecoming court...I love you girl! Thing is, EVERYONE loves you in our school, and you are definitely one cool chica. I know what you're saying though, because I think I have always seen you as a definite social butterfly, someone who gets along with everyone :D (Rather than settling down with a certain group of friends :))

Just remember you're always loved by us![/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=purple]It's kinda weird though 'cause I feel like I fit in with a lot of groups of people.... but I just don't think that they would want me to be around them all of the time... I am too weird! :D

Sometimes I just feel like a loner though, 'cause, like I said, I only hang out with 2 people .... ever! (Unless there is a party or something!)

And BabyGirl, you better be my friend next year when we go to college! :)[/color]

Loner in personality, popular in actuality...

Well I don't realise why people talk to me that much... and everyone sugar coats everything... I got this HORRIBLE hair cut, and people think its cool(ish)...but it could just be me... and sometimes I catch myself getting arrogant, and then I start to wonder...[I]these guys are pretty nice to put up with me.[/I] :) :D

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Justin [/i]
[B]I STILL go back and forth between the two. I enjoy silence and solitude but, I find it hard to obtain sometimes. I have many [i]aquaintances[/i] and only a few [i]friends[/i]. The first being what most people call 'friends' and the second being what most call 'close friends.' [/B][/QUOTE][FONT=century gothic]Yep. That's it exactly.

I've had six close friends in my life. I'm still in touch with only two of them...

"Michelle" "Mike" and "Jenny" I knew at my old grade school. After I switched schools, though, I lost track of them shortly.
"Michelle" moved out of state, and we were pen pals for a while, but that died out pretty quick.
"Carrie" and I never saw each other after I switched schools. I saw her at once, just two years later, and she had no clue who I was.
"Mike" got leukemia in second grade. One of my very few true regrets is that I never managed to keep in touch with him. I would give anything to know how he is now, or if he's even alive...

"Christa" I've known ever since I could remember. But she bgan having family problems and pulled away. She came to stay with us the summer I was in sixth grade, after she'd attempted suicide. Even then, she wasn't the same goofy girl I had been best friends with when we were little. She was living in my house, and I didn't even know her.

"Mary" and I were each other's only friends for about six years. I don't know if we just pulled together because there was no one else, or what. We go to different high schools now, but still see eachother at Youth Group on Sundays. That's about it.

And I now have a totally awesome friend we'll call "Jenny." She's helped me through some awful stuff, and is a fun, wonderful, goofy girl.

At school I've got a crew of loose friends and maybe one or two potential "close friends."

Takes me a long while to really trust anybody anymore. Sometimes I wish it didn't. I've hurt a lot of people, just because I couldn't bring myself to trust them...[/FONT]

I'm one of those kids that everybody knows, and I know most people, but not that many people actually have a real opinion of me. I tend to stick to the few close friends I have, which unfortunately, there are only three of in my entire school. At one point I was one of those kids that always hang round in a group of 5-11 people (easy) most nights of the week. I was only like that for about 9 months though. I found it really dull after a while and it was then that I actually went suicidal. So now I stick with close friends, usually going out just the two of us (I tend to have a best friend I see all the time)..maybe 3 or 4..on firday night about 9-10 of us all meet at the same club. I like it better this way. Less fights and everyone knows you quite well.