OtakuBoards

Were you ever a loner in your life?

Guardian_Tidus

OKay, here's some help in why you people feel the way you do, loner or not:

Introvert: directed inward, prefers to be alone

Extrovert: directed outward, prefers to be with a group

This isn't like, unknown stuff, but this is fact. I feel a lot of people strereotypically mark a loner a loser and this isn't accurate (and I know no one's done that here, I'm referring to other occurances). Everyone is psychologically different, and has been conditioned to different environments with different behaviors. Ususally most people fall somewhere inbetween those two extremes. I'm exactly in the middle (I'm a psychology freak and have taken tests and stuff), so I'm comfortable both by myself and in large groups. So anyway, just because you don't have like, a flock of friends doesn't mean that your a "loner" persay, like you couldn't get any if you tried, it's just the way your mind works. Anywho, felt like being a know-it-all for sec, I'll shaddup now. :toothy:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Delian [/i]
[B]

In my opinion a loner is someone who is comfortable with being on their own and/or one who enjoys spending quality time in their own company, or someone who dislikes or is not interested in being around too many people or has few, but close friends.

Or someone who is completely nigelated:D Just depends on what kind of a loner you are. [/B][/QUOTE][color=green]Ok, thanks for helping me. :)

I was a bit of one when I was little, but ever since then I've had many friends. [/COLOR]

Guest Voodookanaka
the reason im a loner is because i always seem to be the centre of attention and when im in a big group everyone always seems to be expecting something off me as though im some kind of mighty leader, and im not very good at it......

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cera [/i]
[B][FONT=century gothic]Takes me a long while to really trust anybody anymore. Sometimes I wish it didn't. I've hurt a lot of people, just because I couldn't bring myself to trust them...[/FONT] [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1]Oh Cera *gives Cera a huge hug, and a cookie*

I am a loner currently. I used to have alot of friends in Junior High but almost all of them go to a different high school than the one I go to now.

I have about 5 people I call my "friends" at school, but I don't talk to them much outside of class, or lunch. Even my current "Best Friend" is someone who I feel detahced from... I never talk to him about anything, not the way I used to be able to talk to my previous "Best Friends" about my life, he just seems too busy to deal with me I guess.[/size]

• 2 weeks later...
I was a "loner" once . . . all through elementary school . . . yeah, I had friends and everything, but I was happier alone.

And again in 6th Grade. I found out that my "friends" weren't really my friends . . . I just saved the table for them . . .

I can still consider myself a "loner", 'cause even though I have close friends, I still distance myself with them . . .

I just call it a split personality . . .

But another reason is I'm afraid to hurt my friends . . . I've done so many bad things in my life . . . anything they knew . . . some say it hurts you more when you hurt someone you care about . . .

~!*Sere*!~

[QUOTE]Yep, all during 7th grade and a better part of 8th grade I was a huge loner. I had "friends", but they all hated me and made fun of me. It was horrible. I very much know what it's like to not have friends and to be constantly humiliated. [/QUOTE]

I am like babygirl was...I have "friends" but they don't really talk to me.I feel left out a lot.They never call me and never talk to me in school.They never really notice me.Its like I am invisible.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Voodookanaka [/i]
[B]the reason im a loner is because i always seem to be the centre of attention and when im in a big group everyone always seems to be expecting something off me as though im some kind of mighty leader, and im not very good at it...... [/B][/QUOTE][color=green]That seemed to happen to me alot, and in the long run I ended up a loner for about half of last year, apart from a few close friends..... Though now I'm going to a new school, I've got heaps of friends. :D[/color]

[font=comic sans ms]Everyone has been a loner in his life at some point. I wouldn't say I'm a loner--a loner is someone who practically avoids any social contact, and would just be with himself. I don't do that--I still go out and meet my friends.[/font]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Guardian_Tidus [/i]
[B][COLOR=purple]Were you ever a loner in your whole entire freakin life...well i have for 3 to 4 years....funny huh :laugh: and wen i went to a new school i have now like 11 friends... ^_^[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

I used to be a Loner, but I have been transferring between the two for a couple yrs now. Sometimes i talk to my friends, and sometimes i dont. I have been going girl crazy right now though, and most girls dont like loners, from what I've seen.

Milliardo, thats called an Anti-Social person.

[color=red][size=3]Hmm...

[i]Looks at friends list at OtakuBoards and buddies list on AIM[/i]

Hmmm...no one...

[i]looks at calender[/i]

Hmm...been single for two years...

[i]drops on knees and screams[/i]

SO ALONE!!!

OH...uh..yeah, I'm a loner[/color][/size]

[FONT=century gothic]i was like a loner when i was in kindergraden 2 gr.1 n den when i moved i was a loner like in gr.3 in this french school but then i couldnt catch up in french (i was happy then cos i've been learning french when i was in kindergraden i still do...)i went to another school near my house and i was a bit of a loner at first...then i made friends and more and more![/FONT]

I used to be and kinda still am. I have friends, but only two really understand me totally. The thing is that I'm very social, because I like to have fun, but until I got to the 10th grade, I used to try to keep to myself. But, as I learned, when you don't let yourself be known, people start rumors. Not to brag, but most consider me handsome (i don't use cute), and this brought it's own troubles with it. People said I had kids, I was dating or kissing differnt people, I was stuck up, and everything else you can dream up. I finally got tired of it, and set out to let people know the real me. I became part of the crowd. That was fine in high school, but there was part of me that didn't always feel right. It's like being alone in a crowded room. You ever get that feeling? Now that I'm in college, I have grasped that part of me that had been dormant for so long. Now, I'm content. I still love being in groups and partying (well, i am a college student!), but I still wish that I could find those people out there that are like me; open-minded, understanding, fun & analytic, but who have the reality that no one's perfect. This is why I still feel a little like a loner.

[color=red][size=3]Yeah, my dad's retired Air Force, so I changed schools after my freshman year of high school.

Long story short?

Not recommended. I'm hated, despised...ugh, it sux to be me!

Oh...and I've been single for TWO YEARS!!!![/color][/size]