OtakuBoards

The Dryphon Tamers (play)

Nataniamon

[i] It has been 700 years since thread has last fallen on Pern. The
great weyrs have all but dissappeared except one, Benden Weyr,
the second weyr ever in the whole history of Pern to be made. Now the thread has returned, more deadly than ever. And with only 100 dragons to fly and fight the world is in danger of total destruction.
Only five people belived that the thread will return. The fate of the world rests in thier hands and on the wings and feet of thier
new beasts.
Are they strong enough to save the world or will it be turned into chare?[/i]

here are the people that joined.
Those in Hidden Weyr.(where we live now)
Darncoolguy1-Niko--gold land dryphon-Queenie

Me-Ravin-gold air-Rouk

Tigervx-Zeonic-land bronze-?

Cloud Strife00-Ax-air blue-?

Sere Tuscumbia-Sere- Green air- Nani

~*~Pets~*~
Niko- fire lizard- Dragina
Ravin-firelizard gold- Ecco
-Dryphonett bronze- Clash

anyone can start but i have one request. the person can be in there living quarters or on a scouting run to look for thread

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thread??? Whatever, I'll try to stay away from that until someone clears it up...

Axel is woken up at about 1 in the mourning to hear a strange pecking noise coming out of his window on the bottom floor of his house... followed by a large shattering glass sound. (<- that sounded weird)

As Axel starts his way down the stairs, he hears another large crash and several high-piched squawks.

He enters the kitchen to find a large bird-like creature trapped under his toppled-over refridgerator. He also saw the broken window and the shards of glass all over the floor. Not fully awake, he runs to the bird-like creature and steps on a shard of glass as it juts up his foot, sending sharp pains all over his body. He screams and and scares the creature so bad that he escapes from the refridgerator and runs between Axel's legs and takes flight all around the house with Axel on top... screaming in pain.

His foot was permenatley damaged and he is no longer able to walk, but he found a new way of getting around.

Zeonic Woke up in the morning, he looks outside and sees Axels house in chaos, he looks and wonders what the heck is going on, he sees a giant bird in his kitchen. He says "He'll deal with whatever is going on, whatever is going on........." then, a howl of pain comes from the house.

He starts making some breakfast, thinking Axel's howl of pain is nothing.

Ravin walks down the stairs into the living quaters of her house yawning. Suddenly she hears a loud yell coming from Ax's quarters. " He must have wacked his foot again." she mutters to her self. A loud half squak, half growl followed his shout. "What was that?" she exclaimed.
Running out of the door sid sees Ax holding on for dear life on the back of a creature. "Sere! Niko! Zeonic! Get out here now. Ax needs help!"
"Wha?" Sere asked as she came out of here quarters. "Whoa. What the heck is that?"she asked.
Niko walks in with a cup in hand" What is he doing now?"

"It looks like a deformed dragon, but no dragons have been hatched." the healer said as he looked at the thing that had Ax on
its back.
"Mable its a deformed watch weyr(a type of deformed dragon that cant fly.)" Sere suggested.
"Watch wyer. Humph. It has to be somthing different."Niko said.
"In coming!!!!!!!!" Ravin shouted as the thing dive bombed into the ground.
"Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!" Ax shouted as he flew off the back of it.
The creature stood up then dropped where it was.
"Get this creature into a hold so it won't get out. I want it checked out and everything."Ravin said as she gave the orders.
People came out and carted it into an enclosed area.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Later.....

"Ax hold still!" Helger the healer demanded as he grabbed Axs leg."Ravin! get in here and hold him down!"
Ravin walked in and grabbed his leg. Niko came after and held the top of the body down. Helger grabbed a pot of numbweed salve(salve that numbs the skin instantly) and generously slathered it on Ax's foot.

(sorry if I go insane during this post... I go crazy at night...)

Axel: Ahhhhh, my leg!

Doc: Don't worry, just take this.... *sprays ointment on this messed up foot*

Axel: Ahhhh.... ****!!!!

Doc: Cussing is not helping your foot!

Axel: Hell that you would know you (bleeeep)

Doc: .... We may need a tranquilizer on this one....

Axel: Shut up! Hey, what are you putting on my forhead...:mad: :flaming: :hippy: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

Doc: It never fails... lets see how the bird is doing...

Walks into the room across the hall

Doc: OMG! What in the world happened here!?!?!?!?!

Assistant: 'e got away...

Doc: What! and I was going to sell him on the black market!

Suddenly, the window in Axel's room shatters and the Doctor and his assistant check it out to find that Axel is missing.

Doc: I bet I know what happened...

Assistant: me too

Doc: and we didn't even inject the medicine into his foot...

(the foot's useless, get over it)

Ravin sat in here room with the door open and the shutters open.
Suddenly Sere ran into the room.
"Ax is gone!"
"What the ****!" Ravin said as she stood up.
"The bird thing is gone too."Sere added panting.
"Ax could not have gone far because of his foot." Ravin walked out of the room onto a ledge." Start a search party i want Ax and
that bird thing found now!"
Niko came in and started to talk about seeing the bird thing fly over the weyr.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Nataniamon [/i]
[B]Ravin sat in here room with the door open and the shutters open.
Suddenly Sere ran into the room.
"Ax is gone!"
"What the ****!" Ravin said as she stood up.
"The bird thing is gone too."Sere added panting.
"Ax could not have gone far because of his foot." Ravin walked out of the room onto a ledge." Start a search party i want Ax and
that bird thing found now!"
Niko came in and started to talk about seeing the bird thing fly over the weyr. [/B][/QUOTE]

Waita minute 'ere, I haven't read the book, but the way you drew the dryphons made it look like you could ride on them, that is what I'm trying to get at. and can you clarify this thread thing?

[i]Axel soars through the air on his new friend's back, he even gave it a name: Strider...[/i]

Axel: Wow! you can fly this high!???

Strider: Squawk!

[i]The search party takes a look around outside to see a shady figure flying to the mountains to the north.[/i]

*Ax see my sig. it will help you out. i hope.*
"Well it can sure fly."Niko said as everyone watched it.
"Are there anymore like it?"Sere wondered out loud.
"Ya' Know i hope there is" Ravin said "They look like dragons and they can probaly go between too."
"HEY AX GET DOWN HERE!!!" Zeonic shouted to him.

Thanx... clears it up!

Axel notices his friends calling to him from below. He lands...

Raven: What were you doing???

Axel: *dizzy* Wheee! That was fun!

Raven: Cut it out! *Slap!!!*

Axel::blackeye: :( :bawl:

Raven: *Slapp!!!*

Axel: :blackeye: OWWWWWW! *Falls off his Dryphon* AAHHHHH! My :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: foot!

Zeonic puts Axel back onto his "Mighty Steed"

Zeonic: The hospital ran outta medication, you'll have to go with that foot for a while.

Axel: .....
I was prepared for that, I'm going home...

Ax finnaly got to his room and Ravin sat down infront of him. "Ok Ax now tell me one thing. What is that and how in the **** are we going to keep it?"
"Well he eats once every week and he calls himself a dryphon."
"And what may I ask is a dryphon?"
"Don't ask me he said thats what he is and doesn't know much more after that."
"Why is he here?" Ravin asked suspicisly.
"Looking for me."
"Ohhh." Ravin said as she started to think.
She heard Ax groan as he placed his leg up.
"Ax. You will never be able to walk again and I really don't care, but we have to get that bloody shard of glass out."Ravin said sternly.
"Like **** you are." he shot back.
"Your right. Like ****I am" Ravin asnwered. She pulled back her fist and before Ax knew what hit him he was out cold.

Sory I haven't posted I got sidetracted.:(
As Niko walks home from the hospital he notices a shadow following him. He turns around only to see a gold thing that looked like what Ax found
Dryphon "I am a Land Dryphon my name is Queenie and I have been looking for you."
Niko "Me?"
Queenie "Yes and your other friends Sere Ravin Zeonic will also meet thier Dryphons too."
N "OK so now what are doing?"
Q "Once all Dryphon Tammers have been secured we will be in contact with HQ."
N "Man this is to weird but I trust you so can you tske me..."
Q I thought youd never ask."

Ravin walked out of Ax's quarters after he went back to sleep. She was right that he would never be able to use that foot again."A waste of a good worrior if you ask me."she said aloud.
"You got htat right." A vioce said fro the shadows.
"Who said that?" Ravin asked a hand on her dagger.
"Me" It said as it walked out of the shaddows. It has exactly like Ax's creature except it was golden in color. It was gold so it had to be a she. She had amazing wings and a muscular body.
"What are you?" Ravin asked
"My name is Rouk, a Dryphon. We came to help you and your people fight the Thread." Rouk said as she stepped closer.
"Threads over. There are no more."
"That is what you think."She came back.
"And why are you talking to me?"Ravin asked a bit edgy.
"Because you are my rider and I am your beast."
"Riiiight. And I'm supposed to believe you why?"
Rouk suddenly pick Ravin up and set her on her back."Hold on or you may fall off." After Rouk said that she launched herself into the air her great wings kicking up dust.

"A war?" Ravin asked as she heard the shout. She looked at the sky where the blasts were coming from. Silver glinted in the sky above them.
"That is not a war! They are fighting thread!" Ravin exclaimed. Fear clutched her heart as she saw the sight.

Ravin felt Rouk's body tese. Suddenly with a burst of energy she flew towards the Thread.
[i]"What are you crazy?!?!? We need firestone to burn thread."[/i]
Ravin said said telepathicaly.
[i]"Who said i needed firestone?"[/i] Came a reply.
Ravin felt Rouk's chest fill. Rouk then exhaled an extreame blast of hot fire that turn the tread into dust.

-------------------
Fire stone in the original books were use to help dragons create flame. They chewed it and swallowed it and then beltch fire.

i think dragonquest. or dragonsdawn. one of those or just pick one. after awile you learn not to expect them to be in order. but if
you want to learn how dragons on Pern are made then get dragons dawn.*i hope thats the title.*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Rouk kept burning the thread when suddenly the 100 dragons that could fly started their attack.

*Writer's block too*