OtakuBoards

The Matrix: Search for Zion

James

[COLOR=royalblue][i]Salalia scratched the back of her head with her stylus and consulted the datapad quietly, drawing on her memories of language.......[/i]

Syth: Remembering anything?

Sala: Plenty. Unfortunatly, I always sucked at declining nouns......

Raiden: Don't look at me. My language skilsl are matrix/ebonics/english.

Sala: What a pity. :rolleyes: Hmmm......

Syth: Having fun?

Sala: Hardly.........all I've got so far are the words: From Zion, girl-child, and........um........*holds pad close to face* Sentry Duty.

Raiden: Could they be personal messages?

Sala: Perhaps.....but who can tell?

Syth: You. How much longer until you think you'll be done?

Sala: Give me a couple hours, a couple beers, a couple cigarettes, and a couple of asprin, and I'll be done. ;)[/COLOR]

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Erm... Rahia... Syth's outside...
-----------------------------------------

[I]The group wheeled their MCUs down to the bottom of the ramp, and stopped to have a quick look around.[/I]

Syth: See anything Flash?

Flash: *over radio* Hmmmm... There's a P12 Clean-Up 'bot... Along with a few P37 Cleanups... Nothing that'll 'cause that much trouble that I can see... But keep an eye out...

Rico: Will do, Flash.

[I]Warlock took a few steps forward, making sure his energy pistol was at 100% power... The rest of the group and their MCU's followed...[/I]

[COLOR=darkblue][i]Flash finally got the a video feed from Rico's headset, which was a bit blurry and with muffled sound.[/i]

Rico: Can you two hear me?

Sala: Loud and garbled...

Rico: You...

Flash: It's alright...let me see Syth and 'Locke.

[i]Rico turned his head to focus on them, searching for raw materials that they could use to refurbish some of the ships systems.[/i]

Syth: You see anything?

Flash: Nothing yet...

[i]Switches to infared.[/i]

[/COLOR]

[font=times][color=purple][size=3]"Throughout history, mankind has used his grasp of technology to systematically destroy the environment around him.

Polluting cars, heavy industry and logging are factors which have continually served mankind, yet destroyed the natural world.

The machines were the pinnacle of this destructive attitude. Not only did they pollute the Earth, but they turned on their very creators. They destroyed mankind it self. Such a painful irony, yet perhaps justified by our own actions in the past.

But the destruction of the machines and the rebirth of human society may finally allow us to right the wrongs of our past. We can reverse our parasitic ways and bring sunlight back to the world.

We can replace the fields of human embryos, born into slavery, with fields of corn and wheat.

Only we can save the future. We are Earth's final hope."

[b]Our Future[/b] - Morpheus (01.01.2101)[/color][/size][/font]

[i]Syth removed his handscanner from his belt. He flipped the lid open and the small LCD screen lit-up, illuminating his environment suit with a dull blue glow.[/i]

Syth: Hmm...there are some titanium scraps here...

Rico: Oh?

Syth: Yeah, titanium is the strongest metal in existence. I'm actually amazed that the machines would dump such metal here...rather than recycling it.

[color=green]Flash: Yeah, those machines just don't have a social conscience![/color]

Syth: Heh, if you didn't have the ship's turret guarding us, Flash...I don't know if I'd be in the mood for jokes.

[i]Syth continued waving his scanner over the rubble. As he scanned, he pulled out any scraps of titanium that he could find.[/i]

Syth: Hey guys...I found a big piece...come and help me lift it will you?

Rico & Warlock: Sure!

[i]Rico and Warlock walked over and grabbed either side of the large metal sheet. The three men began pulling the sheet from the rest of the junk.[/i]

Rico: Ugh! It's so heavy!

Syth: Yeah, it's too big. We've got to cut it up. Warlock, did you bring a portable laser cutter with you?

Warlock: Yep. Hang on, lemme cut it down the middle.[i]

Warlock leaned over the metal sheet and aimed his small laser cutter at it. A thin red beam emerged from the tip of the device and began to slice the metal. Due to the strength of the metal, it took Warlock fifteen minutes to slice it apart.[/i]

Warlock: Phew, thank god it was thin...otherwise it would have taken an hour.

Syth: Okay, let's take this back to the ship. It should be plenty -- I didn't expect to find such a big sheet of raw titanium out here.

[i]Syth and Warlock began pulling the sheet of metal from the rubble, and each agreed to carry one half. As the two began to walk back towards the ship, Rico yelled out...[/i]

Rico: Hey! Wait a sec!

Syth & Warlock: ?!

Rico: I found something...come see!

[i]Syth and Warlock glanced at each other and dropped the metal sheets. They ran over to Rico.[/i]

Syth: What is it?

Rico: Look...

[i]Rico pointed to the gap in the rubble, which had been left by the large titanium sheet. Sitting neatly in the middle of the gap was a very strange object -- a chunk of metal in the shape of a four-sided pyramid.[/i]

Warlock: *scratches head* What do you think it is?

Syth: I have no idea...

Rico: Why would the machines make something like this? It looks like some sort of weird sculpture...

Syth: Hmm...

[i]Syth ran his hand scanner over the metal. The scanner zoomed in several fold and Syth noticed that the surface of the pyramid contained tiny inscriptions.[/i]

Syth: Wow...it looks like it has some kind of writing on it. Although I don't recongize the words...

Rico: Hmm, should we take it?

Syth: Definitely. We can have it analyzed a little further using better tools...nothing I am carrying on me will be thorough enough.

Warlock: Yeah, maybe Salalia can take a look. She might know more about it.

[i]Syth and Rico nodded. Rico leaned down to pick up the small pyramid, while Syth and Warlock walked back to the metal sheets and lifted them up.

The three began to make their way back to the Zephyr...[/i]

[COLOR=royalblue][i]I'm tired, my finger [crushed in door] hurts, I'm on my period, I have a cold, and an ear infection, so get off my ***!! Sorry. I had to let off some steam.[/i]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/COLOR]
[COLOR=royalblue]Sala: *rubs eyes*

Raiden: Tired?

Sala: I need coffee.......

Raiden: I drank it.

Sala: I'm gonna hurt you.....

Raiden: Pain therapy?

Sala: *cracks knucles* Death therapy, it's the ultimate cure.........:devil:[/COLOR]

[i]Warlock, Syth and Rico reentered the ship. Rico put the small pyramid on a nearby desk, under a lamp and sat down infront of it.[/i]

Rico: I wonder what it is...

[i]Syth and Warlock started shifting the titanium into the ship's storage area. Syth tapped his personal communicator (a wrist-bound device which responded to the user's fingerprints) and leaned his face close to it.[/i]

Syth: Salalia?

Salalia: Hey Syth...how'd it go?

Syth: Pretty well I think. I have more than enough titanium. But we found something that we want you to look at...

Salalia: Oh?

Syth: Yes, some sort of artifcact. We have no idea what it is, we thought you might.

Salalia: Well, I'm not a [i]historian[/i], just a therapist...

Syth: Heh, yeah, but you're smarter than all of us combined, you know that. ;)

Salalia: Yeah, you have a point...alright, I'll come and check it out. Just let me finish my coffee first.

Syth: Sure thing.

[i]Syth looked at Warlock as he began lifting another sheet of titanium.[/i]

Syth: Women...

[COLOR=royalblue][i]Salalia rolled her eyes and chugged the rest of her coffee. Raiden looked at her, then shrugged and returned to his work....[/i]

Salalia: *walks over* *picks it up* Cute. A paperweight.

Syth: You've got to be kidding.

Sala: Weeeeellllll....I'm going to have to take a closer look, so if you'll all excuse me...

Rico: Where are you going with that thing?

Sala: Guess.

[i]Laughing at his confused face, Salalia walked off and locked herself in her room....then pulled out an high powered microscope and gently set the pyramid down on it......adjusting the settings, she peered closer and began writing notes...[/i][/COLOR]

Raiden walked down from the cockpit to the Hold where the rest of them were. He had a small computer pad in his hand, with several readings on it. He walked into the room, and stared at the readings for a moment. He coughed twice, then controlling himself, he looked up at Syth.

Raiden: The landing pad on the port is busted skip. The Airlock won't open, there's no Hydrogen coming out of there at all. I can feed some Hydrogen from the others to it if you want, but then they'll all be at 80% efficiency, and the port will still only be at 50%.

Syth: You'll have to, we can't repair that until we get to Zion.

Raiden: Right you are skip, I'll get right on it.

Raiden starts leaving the room, but then stops, as if suddenly remembering something. He turns back to Syth.

Craig: Oh yeah, and the power should be coming on about........... nnnnnnow. *lights flicker on*. We're all et to go, as soon as I get this thing sorted with the pressure release. You can breif me on the COA when I'm done.

With that, Craig beckoned off towards the cockpit, still staring at his computer pad, touching the screen occasionally.

[COLOR=royalblue][i]Salalia set down her notepad and consulted the microscope for the umpteenth time.....finally she picked up the pyramid and her notes and jerked her door open, slaming it behind her. Storming down the hallway she went back to her console and sat down, eyes blazing.[/i]

Syth: Any--?

Salalia: NOTHING! I swear...if you have me look at one more worthless object...I'll scream![/COLOR] :flaming:

[COLOR=darkblue]

Rico: Maybe you need a second opinion...

[i]Rico took the object from Sala's hands and examined it himself with his hands and eyes...[/i]

Sala: How can you see those inscription with just your eyes...

Rico: Tri-mode lenses...they work in and out of the Matrix...

Syth: See anything?

Rico: Strange inscriptions...I can't read it though...*tosses it* Looks like a work of art though...mysterious...it doesn't look metallic...

Warlock: Did you get anything on the material?

Sala: Titanium composite...that stuff isn't really like metal...

Syth: That's right...but the color...the ambient dust should have made it a bright blue.

Flash: That's preservation for you.

Rico: I'll just put this on the dashboard with a little thermal paste...

[i]He takes a tube of pink paste and sticks the pyramind by the window of the helm.[/i]

Warlock: It's our good luck charm...

Sala: I don't believe in luck...

Rico: Hehe...are the ships components ready?

Raiden: Yup...just about one more hour until we're ready to hit the road...

Syth: Hmm...seems that is our good luck charm...

[/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue][i]Salalia threw a dark look at the pyramid on the "dashboard" then sat down in her chair, legs crossed, feet over the console.[/i]

Rico: What?

Sala: ..........Nothing serious.......I just don't like the looks of that thing. In ancient times, pyramids were shrouded in both mystery and death.

Syth: Perfect!

Sala: *holds up a copy of the inscriptions* Not really genius, look at this.

Syth/Warlock: It's Greek to me!

Sala: Exactly![/COLOR]

Warlock: Hmmmm... But I wonder what the pyrimad was built for...

Syth: Well, it's probably on part of the inscription...

Warlock: Well, you get to work... I really need a shower...

[I]Warlock walked out, and to the Shower Room of the ship... He closed the door behind him, and stripped down... He walked under the shower, and it turned on by itself, it's sensors feeling his presence... A mix of water and anti-viruls poured all over him, and after the shower max of 1 minute and a half, it shut down... Drying himself off, Warlock fingered the newly aqquired scar he had on his right shoulder, and rolled his shoulder muscles, before getting dressed... He opened the door, and walked back to the rest of the crew...[/I]

[I]Flash leans back in his chair, chewing on some kind of chocolate energy bar.. He rests his feet on his console desk, taking a break from the hard work of getting weapons online...[/I]

Syth: Flash, I know you've been working hard, but you can't take a break just yet... Weapons are really essential right now..

Flash: Don't worry about it Syth, I've got everything but the Main Cannon online. We're safe.

Syth: You sure?

Flash: Positive.

[I]Syth shrugs it off, and turns back to his console... Flash continues relaxing for a few minutes..[/I]

[COLOR=darkblue][i]Rico sat by Syth and took second position...[/i]

Rico: Any second thoughts about this?

Syth: I always have second thoughts, and third thoughts...

Rico: I see...heh.

Syth: What's so funny?

Rico: In every mission we go through, we don't go in with just one big plan and a backup plan...we come in with 10 or 20 just to be on the safe side.

Syth: We do want to stay alive...

Rico: Of course...

Syth: Rico, we don't actually know where Zion is. Only through myth, we're only looking for it...but I think we're close, really close.

Rico: Then we have time to afford going into the Matrix?

Syth: You really wanna see her, don't you?

Rico: I wanna see how she's doing?

Syth: Are you the father?

Rico: No...but I am her friend and she knows...

Syth: Then it'd be best if you didn't go at the moment...we're vulnerable...and they could trace you...she'd be in danger.

Rico: I understand...

Syth: But still...it wouldn't be right if I just let her raise the baby on her own.

Rico: She can manage...but...life's tough over there.

Syth: As is here...

[i]Rico turned around and signaled to Flash.[/i]

Flash: What?

Syth: *turns around* We're launching...[/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue][i]Salalia took her feet of the desk and sat up straight, giving a dark glance at that pyramid.[/i]

Syth: Don't tell me you hate that thing already.......

Sala: I do.

Rico: Pff, whatever.

Sala: :rolleyes: Let's go.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue]Syth: Rico...

Rico: What is it?

Syth: A word please...

[i]Syth and Rico walked to the meeting room and shut the door.[/i]

Syth: Do you think we're ready?

Rico: Y'know it's not like fighting in the Matrix...

Syth: Which makes me worry.

Rico: If there was another way to find Zion, I'd take it...but we can't go into this with doubts, we'll get killed.

Syth: I know...[/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue][i]Salalia rolled her eyes and consulted her notebook again, scratching out another line of notes...[/i]

Raiden: What is that?

Sala: I'm trying to remember my Greek.

Raiden: I never got past....Carp diem...

Sala: :rolleyes: Most don't.

Raiden: Well.....sorry. :D

Sala: *sigh*[/COLOR]

Raiden: Now if it was Japanese, Russian or Romanian then I could help you out........ hey, maybe we got a Matrix program for it...

Sal: That's not much us eto me though.....

Raiden: Not to you......... but to everyone else... and we could translate the runes as you read them.

Sal: Hang on........ I think i've got it......

Raiden: Well I'll go check just incase.

Then, Raiden left the cockpit heading towwards the central computer, where all the programmes were kept.

[COLOR=darkblue][i]Rico and Syth walked about out into the bridge of the ship...[/i]

Syth: Hi...

Raiden: What's up?

Rico: You know this is our first time fighting outside of the Matrix full scale.

Sala: What of it?

Rico: We have our doubts on our offense capacity, even with Flash's modifications to the ship.

Flash: Aww You Punk!!!

Syth: Hold on! We are going in blind...and it's foolish.

Warlock: Recon first eh?

Rico: Yeah...we'll have to wait for a while to send the probe and have it transmit survalience data to us.

Raiden: We should get ready.

Syth: Do we have a probe set up?

Flash: We could set up one in no time...

Syth: Get started on it...we get moving after its done...[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue]Syth: Flash, Warlock...get started on the probe...

Flash: Alright, alright...

[i]Flash and Warlock walked off into the R&D room of the ship where raw materials are turned into pieces of equipment and components for the ship.[/i]

Syth: Rico, once their done, you program the A.I. I'll get a plot set-up for it to follow.

Raiden: How about us?

Syth: Sit tight...we'll need you two during deployment.

Sala: Great, sit back and do absolutely nothing...

Rico: *sits on main helm chair and picks up the pyramind* In the mean time, we could try and decode this.

Sala: Hey, if you wanna do it, it's yours...I don't even want to touch that thing.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue]Sala: Well, as far as decoding goes, I've got this:
[FONT=times new roman]Nash,
Tejach,
Morus,
Felan,
Gesta,
Unamo,
Keyas.[/FONT]

Raiden: It's all so clear.........

Sala: Yeah.......clear as that excuse for gruel they give is in the morning.

Rico: That's Greek?!?!?

Sala: It was an educated guess.......but I don't think so anymore.

Rico: So it's a lost unrecorded language......that never was written down in history, except by their own culture.

Sala: Maybe...*sigh* I should've been a watchmaker.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue]Rico: ...

Sala: Man, do you have a sense of humor or something?

Rico: Yeah...I left them back in VR...

Sala: Mind if you go get them?

Rico: As long as you come with me.

Sala: Whoa...no way am I putting on all of that stuff on me. I'm clean...

Rico: So you'd rather spend your time cooped up in this gloomy place.

Sala: I prefer reality than fantasy.

Rico: I pity you.

Raiden: ...

Rico: I'm just saying...I have my ways of fun...you have yours. Don't push me...*walks away*

Sala: What's up with him?

Raiden: He has a kid coming along and he's not gonna see him for a while...

Sala: ...

Raiden: You know Rico though...he's really nice...but this is the first time he really got attatched to that girl in VR...she's out there...and she's having a kid so...it's stressful for him. He's moody...

Sala: His baby?

Raiden: No...you know how the Matrix works...a couple guys come along and impregnate her and then leave her to take care of the baby. Rico was kind enough to help her out.

Sala: I see...*whispers* I'm sorry, Rico...

[i]Rico slowly turned around...[/i]

Rico: It's alright...

[i]He turned back around and joined up with Warlock and Flash...[/i][/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue]Sala: ......*sigh*

Raiden: Big foot pushed deep into the mouth?

Sala: Definetly.

[i]Closing her eyes, she leaned back in her chair and let her mind shut down......

Salalia: I'm more free than I ever was back home.......maybe I should get out more.[/i]

Rico: ....

Radien: *slaps Sala's face gently* Wake up!

Sala: I'm up.

Raiden: Just checking.

Sala: ....I hate it when I offend people....[/COLOR]