OtakuBoards

The History of The Great Mario

Zero-Sama

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Zero-Sama [/i]
[B]Actualy, I believe that Mortal Combat was the first movie based on a video game...... Although i may have it mixed up with most successful,Which it was.... [/B][/QUOTE]

Nah, Mortal Kombat was made in 1995. The Mario Bros. movie came out in 1987. Anyway, I am sure that there were game to movie translations before this. I have a list somewhere, but I don't have the time to look right now...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Crazy White Boy [/i]
[B]

Nah, Mortal Kombat was made in 1995. The Mario Bros. movie came out in 1987. Anyway, I am sure that there were game to movie translations before this. I have a list somewhere, but I don't have the time to look right now... [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue]Mario Bros. (the movie) came out in 1992, I believe. :)[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B]

[color=royalblue]Mario Bros. (the movie) came out in 1992, I believe. :)[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

You know, I got that information from a web site and I thought it sounded kinda early. But, after shuffling around, I found another site that says Mario Bros. came out in 1993. This is history in the making folks. For the first time, we have a movie that's so bad that no year wants to claim it!

Anyway, the first movie based on a video game was "Tron" which came out in 1982. I bet that it's not very good though.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Crazy White Boy [/i]
[B]

You know, I got that information from a web site and I thought it sounded kinda early. But, after shuffling around, I found another site that says Mario Bros. came out in 1993. This is history in the making folks. For the first time, we have a movie that's so bad that no year wants to claim it!

Anyway, the first movie based on a video game was "Tron" which came out in 1982. I bet that it's not very good though. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue]Yeap, 1993 sounds right.

Although Tron wasn't based on a video game as such...I think Tron was supposed to be like a peek into the future -- in terms of what video games could become. Of course, this was the time when everyone thought VR was the future of gaming...and how wrong they were. lol[/color]

[SIZE=1][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]Tron... was amazing. and i dont think it was a peek into the future... cause it was more like explaining how things went on INSIDE a game. it had all the stuff the inside of a procesor would. (btw im high on medicine so excuse my spelling) anywayyyyyyyyyyyyy... it was an amazing movie with some cool speical effects. and i dont see how on earth it was VR... besides that he was struck by a beam and taken into the computer. o.o so um yea... it was just a fun movie that computer geeks didnt like cause it hinted into their business and how a computer works.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]