OtakuBoards

What if . . .

Guest Soft mush

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shinji v2.0 [/i]
[B][SIZE=1][COLOR=darkred]Stalin didn't have the advantage, Hitler did. You see, the only real reason that the Nazi's lost is because they were fighting on 2 fronts. They had to protect theirselves on 2 sides, and that was too much for them. If they didn't have people coming from the other side, they could have conquered Russia in a couple months.

Peace,
Shinji (^_^)/[/COLOR][/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

Didn't the Germans fight Two Fronts in WWI as well... I think they did.... regardless, any idiot could figure out that fighting two fronts wouldn't be to your advantage.... apparently Hitler couldn't figure that one out... even though the US did fight two fronts sort of.... Japan and Europe.... but it wasn't in such close quarters as the Germans had....

Anyway, yes, I enjoy History, esspecially modern warfare VERY much... As much as I can't stand American society I love learning of the country's history....

Guest Soft mush
Actually
Stalin had a big advantige cuz he moved his factories back, he used scorched earth, and his soldiers knew what to expect with the weather.

If this is what you meant, then I read the post wrong. If that is the case : sorry.

If I read it right, and you meant Hitler had an advantage, I completley disagree.

Guest Soft mush
Why would it matter if you had blond hair dessert shadow?
Are you making a mockery or the third reich?

:flaming: :flaming:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shinji v2.0 [/i]
[B][SIZE=1][COLOR=darkred]Stalin didn't have the advantage, Hitler did. You see, the only real reason that the Nazi's lost is because they were fighting on 2 fronts. They had to protect theirselves on 2 sides, and that was too much for them. If they didn't have people coming from the other side, they could have conquered Russia in a couple months.

Peace,
Shinji (^_^)/[/COLOR][/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

germany would have had a tough time anyway, you see when they attacked russia, they had absolutely no experience in fighting in such extreme snowy conditions, the russians were used to it and so they used it as an advantage over the germans....

here's a quote for everyone:

first they came for the Jews, but i didn't say anything because i'm not a Jew.
then they came for the Catholics, but i didn't say anything because i'm a protestant.
then they came for me and there wasn't anyone to speak out.

sorry, i forgot most of it.

I've got a quote: "The man who forgets his quote should not tell anyone till he has remembered it..." j/k

Hey anyone seen that movie Enemy at the Gates? It's about the sniper battle between Vassili the russian and Major Konig the German sniper. The end wasn't exactlly true to history, but it was a pretty cool movie.

yeah that was a good movie
no the ending didn't happen like that it was something like he was hiding in a part of a building that got blow off and got his helmet and put it on a stick and stick it in the open so the german shot giving away his position, then he shot through a peice of medal where the konig guy was hiding and killed him
that's a very bad choppy sentence and wasn't exactly like that but its close enough :)

What happened this idiot news reporter went with Vassili. And as they were hiding he popped up pointing and said "I think I see someth..." within about a second he was dead shot right through the head. (See even in the old days the media was still dumb as hell.) Anyways Vassili put his helmet on a stick and held it up and it got shot he then saw where the shot came from. A dark area in between to pieces of tin which were propped up kinda' like a tent. He shot right for the middle of the dark area and pierced major Konigs face and the bullet exited through his neck piercing his spine.