OtakuBoards

Why Zelda?

Legand

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by jcgoudy [/i]
[B][color=indigo]They got the name Zelda from Zelda Fitzgerald. .[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Wife of Edmund Scott Fitzgerald who was the author of [b]The Great Gatsby[/b]...right? I believe I am correct in claiming that, though I could be wrong.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B]

[color=deeppink]Wife of Edmund Scott Fitzgerald who was the author of [b]The Great Gatsby[/b]...right? I believe I am correct in claiming that, though I could be wrong.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue]Shigeru Miyamoto said that he heard the name Zelda and loved it...he felt it suited the character.

Funny how these little ideas of his end up becoming so famous. Like Mario's cap and moustache...he drew Mario with those elements because he couldn't draw a face and hair lol.

And now, those elements are famous. :)[/color]

[color=indigo]Yeah, I thought that was kind of interesting about Mario. I guess a hat and mustache [i]would[/i] be easier on such a tiny character... He's not that big in Donkey Kong.

You know, I've always wondered why Link wears a pointy hat... I wonder if there's some story behind that, too?[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by jcgoudy [/i]
[B][color=indigo]

You know, I've always wondered why Link wears a pointy hat... I wonder if there's some story behind that, too?[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue]Well, he [i]is[/i] an elf. lol

Elves tend to wear the boots and pointy hat etc etc...[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B]

[color=royalblue]Well, he [i]is[/i] an elf. lol

Elves tend to wear the boots and pointy hat etc etc...[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]Yeah, but you never see anyone else in Hyrule wearing a pointy hat like that... Except for a few of the Kokiri, but none are as long as Link's. They don't really hang down, they're more of a short, blunt point. Link's seems to be different.[/color]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Edit:

[color=indigo]Okay, I deleted that little argument. Here are the facts that were being argued:

1. Link is a Hylian.

2. The Hylians are an elven race.

3. The name Zelda is not made up. If you do a search for Zelda Fitzgerald, you will find lots of sites about her.[/color]

• 1 month later...
I think that Links hat makes him unique because you never see anyone else with his type of hat...at least no one I've ran across so far.

Heres a question for you
After Zelda (dies?) why does Links adventure still be called Zelda in the other series of the game??

[color=indigo]In Kokiri Forest in Ocarina of Time, some of the Kokiri wear pointy hats. They're not as long as Link's, but they're basically the same. So I'm thinking it's a Kokiri thing, and he just kept it after he left Kokiri Forest. ...Maybe he got a longer one, to stand out from the rest of the Kokiri...

And, um, I'm not exactly sure what you're asking... It's kind of hard to understand... If you're wondering why they all have the name Zelda in the title, even the one that doesn't have Zelda in it, it's because it became the Zelda series. The first three Zelda games were mainly about rescuing Zelda (or waking her up, as in Zelda II), so the games became known as the Zelda series and every games' title after Zelda II started with "The Legend of Zelda" and then had a sub-title, such as "Ocarina of Time."[/color]

well they called link "different" in oot cuz he had no fairy and video game desingers never make the "hero" in the game the same as the rest so they made him unique to the rest of the kokiri. What i cant understand is why name him link?

Wait a second how and when did zelda die?

[color=indigo]I have no idea why they named him Link... I don't think they've ever said... I might have to write Nintendo an e-mail asking that... But yeah, I suppose they wanted him to be different from the rest of the Kokiri. (I suppose he is actually Hylian, but you don't know that at the start of OOT). It never explained why he didn't have a Fairy, though, so that's another mystery to guess at.

And Zelda never dies, not in any of the games anyway. There are theories about the timeline of the Zelda games and about there being two Princess Zeldas, which is in another thread. But Zelda never dies in any of the games.[/color]

• 2 weeks later...
I have a question. What is with this poem?
I don't understand it!

When he Dark comes rising, Six shall turn it back; Three from the circle, three from the track; Wood, bronze, iron; Water, fire, stone;
Five will return, and one go alone.
Iron for the Birthday, Bronze carried long; Wood from the buring, stone out of song; Fire from the candle-ring, water from the thaw; Six Signs the circle and the grail gone before.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PrettygurlRei [/i]
[B]I have a question. What is with this poem?
I don't understand it!

When he Dark comes rising, Six shall turn it back; Three from the circle, three from the track; Wood, bronze, iron; Water, fire, stone;
Five will return, and one go alone.
Iron for the Birthday, Bronze carried long; Wood from the buring, stone out of song; Fire from the candle-ring, water from the thaw; Six Signs the circle and the grail gone before. [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=deeppink]Oh, oh oh! I think that's from a book I read once... A book that didn't have anything to do with Zelda. Why post it here?

Well, anyway, if you read the entire book, everything about that poem would have been explained... [/COLOR]

[color=indigo]Well, I've never heard that poem before... I don't think it was anything to do with Zelda, though it kind of sounds like it... Unless it's a poem a fan wrote. It kind of sounds like it's talking about the Seven Sages, but it says "Six shall turn it back." Really, it was eight people that sealed Ganon in the Sacred Realm, though, since there's the Seven Sages plus Link...[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by starlight [/i]
[B]well they called link "different" in oot cuz he had no fairy and video game desingers never make the "hero" in the game the same as the rest so they made him unique to the rest of the kokiri. What i cant understand is why name him link?

Wait a second how and when did zelda die? [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=teal][size=1]I don't know much about the Legend of Zelda history, but wasn't the first game on NES subtitled [i]Link to the Past[/i]? And weren't you supposed to be the link?

I don't know if that's true; I never played that game. But it's what my limited knowledge on the matter came up with.[/color][/size]

[color=indigo]The first Zelda game was just called The Legend of Zelda. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past is the Zelda game on the Super NES, which is set before The Legend of Zelda and Zelda II: The Adventure of Link (the second Zelda game, also on the NES).

If you want to know all about the Zelda timeline, and some of the different theories about what order the games are in, just PM me. I'm always happy to talk about the Zelda story. :)[/color]

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Shift
[size=1][color=crimson]Yeah, but if you go into Kakariko(I forgot how to spell it ><) Village, in the Ocarina of Time, you'll notice EVERYBODY wearing them.[/size][/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Herman [/i]
[B][size=1][color=crimson]Yeah, but if you go into Kakariko(I forgot how to spell it ><) Village, in the Ocarina of Time, you'll notice EVERYBODY wearing them.[/size][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

everybodys wearing what?:therock: :eek:

• 4 weeks later...
[color=indigo]Well, I assume that Herman is talking about pointy hats, as mentioned earlier in this thread... If so, though, he's wrong... I just started replaying OOT and I got to Kakariko Village, and I didn't see anyone wearing a pointy hat.[/color]