OtakuBoards

The price goes down

Guest Solid Snake

Guest Solid Snake
[color=teal]I am happy to announce that the prices on a few of the Playstation 2 games have been lowered. It seems that the Greatest Hits series has finally extended to Sony's second system, which it kicks off with Twisted Metal: Black, Gran Turismo 3, Dark Coud, and ATV Offroad fury.

These games are currently priced at $24.99, a great break from $49.99. No, these are not the prices of used games, though they may be similar, but now you can get them brand new. I hope to see more games such as these go down in price, which just may set it apart from the other platforms. Now, if they would only lower the price for the PS2 itself.[/color]

:blah:

[SIZE=1][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]some games have been priced that for some time now... this isnt exactly new news... there have been games like kessen at 29.99 for a while now... so the 5 dollar difference is a little better.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

Guest Solid Snake
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kuja [/i]
[B][SIZE=1][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]some games have been priced that for some time now... this isnt exactly new news... there have been games like kessen at 29.99 for a while now... so the 5 dollar difference is a little better.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=teal]Truthfully, Ive never exactly seen such low prices, unless you speak of a lower designed game such as Tekken Tag (I believe), which isn't actually a brand new version to the series, but more so a sub series. Perhaps we could discuss the whole Greatest Hits on PS2 topic, if not the lowering of prices then. Thank you for correcting me, by the way.[/COLOR]

[size=1]It's great to hear that Sony is returning the Greatest Hit Series back on to the Ps2.:)

I hope for a day where games like Devil May Cry, Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, Final Fantasy X, etc. prices drop down so I can own the game for myself instead of borrowing them from my friends.[/size]

Guest Solid Snake
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Treble [/i]
[B][size=1]I hope for a day where games like Devil May Cry, Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, Final Fantasy X, etc. prices drop down so I can own the game for myself instead of borrowing them from my friends.[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=teal]Yes, but of course. If they continue onto actual great hits, I feel that they must come across these titles. Not that it would do me any good, however, since I already own two of the three. I am mainly looking forward to the drop in price for Virtua Fighter 4, Devil May Cry, and Madden 2002. These are my only real loses, but, being newer games, they may take longer for the price to be lowered. But what will come, will come. You cannot make it go any faster.[/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]By Greatest Hits, don't you mean Platinum? Dead or Alive 2, Tekken Tag and a few others. I got my Dynasty Warriors 2 for like £15 (about $25), which was great and it wasn't Platinum (Greatest Hits, whatever) or preowned. An excellent deal :).[/SIZE]

In U.S. they're going to be called 'greatest hits' but I haven't seen any of them at the store...the people there just lower the prices after 4 months of it's release.

Though if I really want to get a game that I missed a while back, I check the 'used' section of the store. I heard PS2 media is pretty resilient against wear and tear...

Guest Solid Snake
[COLOR=teal]Well, I do not actually know when this plan is going to go into effect. I went to Walmart yesterday and it seems as though the prices remain high, even on Gran Turismo 3. I hope that they pull it out soon, if not right now. To tell you the truth, I recently read this "Greatest Hits" article out of Electronic Gaming Monthly, and as you should know, they sometimes get information months before it happens. Well, at least we know what to look forward to on the PS2 platform.[/COLOR]