OtakuBoards

GTA3 to Cube!

Defcon5

[QUOTE]
[I]Originaly said by Homer Simpson[/I]
WOHOO[/QUOTE]

Yay! GTA3 is coming for the GCN! Im so happy because my friend keeps dissing me for not having a PS2 and not being able to play cool games and now I can! YAY!:D :D :D

Unless this is a april fools joke or something than if it is AW MAN

[SIZE=1][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]GTA3 SUCKS... take out the gore, hookers, the main violence, and see how many games it sells then... maybe 1/2 of what it was selling[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kuja [/i]
[B][SIZE=1][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]GTA3 SUCKS... take out the gore, hookers, the main violence, and see how many games it sells then... maybe 1/2 of what it was selling[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue]GTAIII is a very cleverly designed game.

The sheer ability to realistically model a completely three dimensional city has never really been achieved -- even Shenmue didn't achieve it on the same scale.

The fact that GTAIII is able to deliver such a realistic world...a world where the various behaviors are so lifelike (and the gameplay is often quite varied) demonstrates that the developers really know what they're doing.

I didn't have any problems with GTAIII.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B]

The sheer ability to realistically model a completely three dimensional city has never really been achieved -- even Shenmue didn't achieve it on the same scale.

The fact that GTAIII is able to deliver such a realistic world...a world where the various behaviors are so lifelike (and the gameplay is often quite varied) demonstrates that the developers really know what they're doing.

I didn't have any problems with GTAIII.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

I think what he was trying to get at was the only reason kids buy it, is because of all the violance.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Defcon5 [/i]
[B]

I think what he was trying to get at was the only reason kids buy it, is because of all the violance. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue]He was trying to say that the game was merely violence and had little substance underneath. :)

In any case, what you said doesn't surprise me.

That is why the [i]majority[/i] of Xbox owners are under 18 -- it's actually kids who tend to go for the more "adult" games. I guess adults are mature enough to generally see that good games can be good games without violence.[/color]

[B]

[color=royalblue]He was trying to say that the game was merely violence and had little substance underneath. :)

In any case, what you said doesn't surprise me.

That is why the [i]majority[/i] of Xbox owners are under 18 -- it's actually kids who tend to go for the more "adult" games. I guess adults are mature enough to generally see that good games can be good games without violence.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah when my friends play it all they care to do is go around and kill people and then laugh. But I could bet that if it didn't have all the violance it did then they wouldn't even have it. I mean when they talk about games all I hear from them is different ways they can kill someone in it.

[B]

Yeah when my friends play it all they care to do is go around and kill people and then laugh. But I could bet that if it didn't have all the violance it did then they wouldn't even have it. I mean when they talk about games all I hear from them is different ways they can kill someone in it. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue]Exactly.

This is why I really hate the whole "Nintendo kiddie" thing. Because half the people who say that are only about 12 or 13 years old.

And many of those kids are going to buy a game like GTAIII and only muck around...they probably won't actually play the missions and get very far.

[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SSJ Gotenks ok [/i]
[B]I dont think gta3 is coming for the gcb i think its too much for the gcb compare gta3 with some of the games gcb has(example:lugi mansion,super smash bros. these are more like kid games can u really picture gta for the game cube.:therock: [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]If you have a hard time picturing GTAIII on the GCN, then I guess you're not going to take Resident Evil very well... Since Capcom moved the series exclusively to the GCN... That, and Eternal Darkness, Metroid Prime, 007: Agent Under Fire, Gauntlet: Dark Legacy, and others, are all on or coming to the GCN. If you look at the games that the GCN has now, and has coming, you can see that all of the games aren't "kids games."
And besides, just because a game doesn't have blood, gore, and violence doesn't mean it's a kids game. Ask anyone if Super Mario 64 is a kids game, and I bet everyone you ask will say no it wasn't. Sure, it's suitable for kids, but that doesn't make it any worse of a game. It makes it better, in my oppinion. If you can widen the audience without diminishing the fun of the game, I say go for it.
I guess you just have to ask yourself "Does blood, gore, and violence make a game better?"

Okay, now that I'm done ranting, I can get back on topic. :D
I think it's great that GTAIII is coming to the GCN. It sounds like a fun game, but I don't think I'd want to but it... There's too much violence for my tastes... But still, that's just me. It's a popular game, and if it's ported to the GCN, it'll be even more popular. And the GCN will too, and I think both of those are good things.[/color]

[B]

The sheer ability to realistically model a completely three dimensional city has never really been achieved -- even Shenmue didn't achieve it on the same scale.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

What about carmageddon. It has some nice 3d cities and is better than the driving part of gta3. Of course, it's just driving, but.......

Guest Solid Snake
[color=teal]Well, if I had known that you didn't know about Grand Theft Auto III coming out for GameCube, then I would have told you. This news isn't exactly brand new.

Though it is great for the GameCube to get recognition for porting this game, it will probably be edited. But even if it [b]is[/b] edited, I don't think it would be less fun of a game. If you like GTA3 just for the violence, then you are not a true gamer, and will probably not be having nearly as much fun as those who have advanced and seen what GTA3 can actually do. If you take the game further like those kinds of people, you will find that you can have fun in other ways than just shooting someone up. With the extensive 3 dimensional levels, you can explore and use the gameplay and graphics to your advantage by doing stuff like...well, you tell me. The realistic possibilities are endless, and that what makes Grand Theft Auto III such a fun game.

I would also like to remind you that Grand Theft Auto is making it's way in new forms. Not only is it also coming to Xbox, but Grand Theft Auto III: Miami and Grand Theft Auto IV are due to come to the Playstation 2 platform later this fall.[/color]

:blah:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Solid Snake [/i]
[B][color=teal]Well, if I had known that you didn't know about Grand Theft Auto III coming out for GameCube, then I would have told you. This news isn't exactly brand new.

Though it is great for the GameCube to get recognition for porting this game, it will probably be edited. But even if it [b]is[/b] edited, I don't think it would be less fun of a game. If you like GTA3 just for the violence, then you are not a true gamer, and will probably not be having nearly as much fun as those who have advanced and seen what GTA3 can actually do. If you take the game further like those kinds of people, you will find that you can have fun in other ways than just shooting someone up. With the extensive 3 dimensional levels, you can explore and use the gameplay and graphics to your advantage by doing stuff like...well, you tell me. The realistic possibilities are endless, and that what makes Grand Theft Auto III such a fun game.

I would also like to remind you that Grand Theft Auto is making it's way in new forms. Not only is it also coming to Xbox, but Grand Theft Auto III: Miami and Grand Theft Auto IV are due to come to the Playstation 2 platform later this fall.[/color]

:blah: [/B][/QUOTE]

Actually Rocstar hasen't made any real comments on weither or not it's comming to the Cube or not. This was an April Fools joke. But if Resident Evil sells well on the Cube then there will be no reason not to bring it to the Cube. And I think Rockstar is impressed by the Cube and would probably bring it to the Cube.

[SIZE=1][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]i hope u all realized this is an april fools joke and probably wont happen...

anyway yes i understand GTA3 is a technoligcaly good game... but would it sell if people were forced to be 17 to get the game? at the store i work at we DONT sell it to you if your under 17 so we dont sell that many cause kids come in on their own to get it. (we actually made the news for that) but this game is AIMED at kids yet has a M on it o.o. now i think this game would play BETTER on the cube than it did the ps2... the rounded graphics *drools* would be nice. i own 4 times more gcn games than i do ps2 games (so what if i dont actually have a ps2 but have games for it). anyway this game wouldnt be near what it is without the gore and mature themes.

and yes... the gcn will have a lot more M games than the N64 and will also have GREAT T/E games where as how may E games do u own for a ps2?[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

Guest Solid Snake
[B]

Actually Rocstar hasen't made any real comments on weither or not it's comming to the Cube or not. This was an April Fools joke. But if Resident Evil sells well on the Cube then there will be no reason not to bring it to the Cube. And I think Rockstar is impressed by the Cube and would probably bring it to the Cube. [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=teal]Well, I saw Grand Theft Auto III previewed with other games due to come to the GCN and Xbox in a past issue of EGM. April fools? If you say so.[/color]

:blah:

[B][SIZE=1][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]i hope u all realized this is an april fools joke and probably wont happen...

anyway yes i understand GTA3 is a technoligcaly good game... but would it sell if people were forced to be 17 to get the game? at the store i work at we DONT sell it to you if your under 17 so we dont sell that many cause kids come in on their own to get it. (we actually made the news for that) but this game is AIMED at kids yet has a M on it o.o. now i think this game would play BETTER on the cube than it did the ps2... the rounded graphics *drools* would be nice. i own 4 times more gcn games than i do ps2 games (so what if i dont actually have a ps2 but have games for it). anyway this game wouldnt be near what it is without the gore and mature themes.

and yes... the gcn will have a lot more M games than the N64 and will also have GREAT T/E games where as how may E games do u own for a ps2?[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue]I had some trouble understanding that. lol

Capital letters and paragraphs would help, kuja. ;)

Anyway, I think that the bottom line is that there is a huge stigma when it comes to GameCube.

Despite the console having everything from Metroid Prime and Perfect Dark Zero to Eternal Darkness and Resident Evil...some will still be happy to call it a kiddie console.

It's ridiculous.

When/if GTAIII is announced for 'cube, I don't think anyone should be surprised.[/color]

[B][SIZE=1][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]this game is AIMED at kids yet has a M on it o.o. [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

I don't think it's aimed at children. Just like different movies are aimed at different audiences, games can be too. ;)

On a seperate note, I don't think that the GameCube's reputation as being a "kiddie" system is that strong. However, the actual company of Nintendo [I]does[/I] have that reputation for making games that lack primarily adult content. I think it's important to distinguish between the company and the console.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Crazy White Boy [/i]
[B]

On a seperate note, I don't think that the GameCube's reputation as being a "kiddie" system is that strong. However, the actual company of Nintendo [I]does[/I] have that reputation for making games that lack primarily adult content. I think it's important to distinguish between the company and the console. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue]The reputation of both goes hand in hand. You visit any Xbox/PS2 forum and I guarantee that the number one complaint lobbed at GameCube is "it's for kids".

This reputation is unfounded in my opinion. Nintendo has gone to great lengths to create games for [i]all ages[/i]. I'm sure you already know this, so I guess I'm preaching to the converted in a sense...but I'm sure you can understand the annoyance it causes.

Nintendo as a first party studio has been focusing on "all age" titles for many years, but all you have to do to confirm Nintendo's all ages policy is take a look at Canadian second party, Silicon Knights.

SK recently allowed the media to play a nearly complete version of Eternal Darkness. The game's creator was saying that they "didn't hold back" when it came to the game's dark, gritty style.

Given that SK is partly owned by Nintendo...and given that Nintendo EAD assisted in development of Eternal Darkness, I find it hard to believe that the kiddie complaint can be attached to Nintendo anymore than any other company.[/color]

[B]

[color=royalblue]The reputation of both goes hand in hand. You visit any Xbox/PS2 forum and I guarantee that the number one complaint lobbed at GameCube is "it's for kids".

This reputation is unfounded in my opinion. Nintendo has gone to great lengths to create games for [i]all ages[/i]. I'm sure you already know this, so I guess I'm preaching to the converted in a sense...but I'm sure you can understand the annoyance it causes.

Nintendo as a first party studio has been focusing on "all age" titles for many years, but all you have to do to confirm Nintendo's all ages policy is take a look at Canadian second party, Silicon Knights.

SK recently allowed the media to play a nearly complete version of Eternal Darkness. The game's creator was saying that they "didn't hold back" when it came to the game's dark, gritty style.

Given that SK is partly owned by Nintendo...and given that Nintendo EAD assisted in development of Eternal Darkness, I find it hard to believe that the kiddie complaint can be attached to Nintendo anymore than any other company.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, it's definitely annoying to hear people claim that it's a "kiddie system" and all, but that's mainly online where I'm exposed to younger people more often. Everyone knows that the same people who say this crap are the same people who say, "My piece of cake is bigger than yours. :p"

The first kind of person that will argue that Nintendo is a child's system is the infamous, you guessed it, child who has an Xbox or a PS2 and can't just buy the GameCube. Of course, the kid wants to reassure himself/herself that they have the best system, so they say whatever they can to bash the competition. It's a mixture of jealousy and a lack of understanding for the basics of business, really.

The other way people associate Nintendo with "kiddie" (and this assumption can even pass the boudary of petty children bickering) is by ignoring their policies regarding developers and content and look straight at Nintendo's own products. I guess some will look at Mario Sunshine, The Legend of Zelda, Donkey Kong, Banjo Kazooie, Pilot Wings and so on, and dismiss them as childish. Now, I'm not arguing that they are, but what I am saying is that people taking this stance probably haven't played the games. What they see is colorful, friendly and cheerful games.

Without playing the games, people don't know about the fun factor, difficulty, innovation or gameplay. So, that's where I'm saying it's just because the name "Nintendo" is on the system, that it's regarded as child-like. Clueless people, usually see Nintendo and it's lovable characters and think it's for children. The actual system has nothing to do with it. Think about it, Nintedno allowed blood in Mortal Kombat 2, but did it's policy help diminish this B.S. rep? Nope. I think that people mainly have foolish issues with the actual Nintendo games based on appearance alone, and ignore what's actually on the system. That's why it's important to realize where the kiddie complaints are aimed at. Maybe if Nintendo, themselves, came out with a Mature rated game, this nonsense would stop a little. Then again, who would they appease by doing this anyway? People would just find new stuff to complain about.....

[SIZE=1][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]C.A.P.I.T.A.L L.E.T.T.E.R.S A.N.D P.U.N.C.T.U.A.T.I.O.N S.U.C.K
hehe lol sorry had to do that ;)

anywayyyyyyyyy
yes most people who own a gcn arent in the range of 12-16 meaning the kids who cant buy the M games. so they get their kicks going around and seeing what store will let them get the latest 'goriest' game (so what if i made up a word)

now i dont think nintnedo has to come out with a M game, they can if they want to but they dont have to. nintendo is selling at a rate faster than the ps2 by far, and the xbox is practicly gonna die less they get some major games (that are totally exclusive as in not on the computer) in the NEAR future. heck even gamesfaq was making fun of the xbox for aprils fools day ;)

but ninendo doesnt need a gory image like the xbox has... ps2 isnt really either it has a few 'younger' games but they are no where near the caliber of most by nindendo (main nintendo not a 3rd party) heck even sega sees the potential in nintnedo and is giving them sonic series

anyway i got class[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[B][SIZE=1][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]C.A.P.I.T.A.L L.E.T.T.E.R.S A.N.D P.U.N.C.T.U.A.T.I.O.N S.U.C.K
hehe lol sorry had to do that ;)

[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue]And you still didn't take my advice. :)

In any case, I think that we are forgetting that Nintendo itself has produced/published mature rated games.

I mean, as I said...Metroid Prime is being co-developed by EAD (Entertainment, Analysis & Development), which is an internal department of Nintendo Co., Ltd.

NCL is also working on Eternal Darkness in conjunction with Silicon Knights. And both ED and Metroid Prime will be published by Nintendo.

So in that regard, Nintendo itself is certainly playing a major role in the development of these franchises.

What this comes down to is one of two things:

1) Total ignorance (ie: basing your opinion on a product soley on screenshots or other media [as jabroni did with Zelda]).

2) Buying one of the other brands (Xbox or PS2) and desperately trying to defend your purchase.

The fact is, people shouldn't [i]need[/i] to defend their purchases. As long as you enjoy the games, that's all that matters.

And often, I find that so called "mature" games are actually lacking in quality, because they use their mature edge/design as a way of covering for a lack of general substance.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Solid Snake [/i]
[B]
[color=teal]Well, I saw Grand Theft Auto III previewed with other games due to come to the GCN and Xbox in a past issue of EGM. April fools? If you say so.[/color]

:blah: [/B][/QUOTE]

What issue was it? On ign they said rockstar hadn't said anything about it comming to Cube.

[B]
And I think Rockstar is impressed by the Cube and would probably bring it to the Cube. [/B][/QUOTE]

Actually, I think they hate the Cube. Look at their latest games (Max Payne, GTA3 and State of Emergency). What do they have in common? They are in PS2 and they are confirmed to be ported to X-Box. Rockstar has denied all rumors of ports for GCN of any of these games.