OtakuBoards

GTA3 to Cube!

Defcon5

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Smoky Joe [/i]
[B]

Actually, I think they hate the Cube. Look at their latest games (Max Payne, GTA3 and State of Emergency). What do they have in common? They are in PS2 and they are confirmed to be ported to X-Box. Rockstar has denied all rumors of ports for GCN of any of these games. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue]These games are being released for PS2 for two primary reasons:

1) The PS2 has the largest installed user base.

2) The PS2's market is generally perceived to be an older demographic than both GameCube and Xbox.

Clearly, these kind of games have been a success on the PS2 in the past. So Rockstar has absolutely no reason not to bring games like this to PS2 in future.

Rockstar haven't categorically denied GTAIII for GameCube. I actually heard reports at least a month ago which suggested that the game is indeed in development. But of course, Rockstar would not admit this if they do not want the public to know.

So I wouldn't say that they [i]hate[/i] the GameCube. But I would say that they are making decisions based on business -- which is of course, understandable.

If games such as Resident Evil perform will in the United States and other territories, then Rockstar will have more evidence to suggest that these kind of games can be successful on GameCube.[/color]

Guest Shift
[SIZE=1][COLOR=royalblue]Um... I think that with all of these companies coming together that it will be out for GCN if there is enough demand for it! And where the hell is it at IGN?[/COLOR] [/SIZE]

Guest Solid Snake
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Defcon5 [/i]
[B]

What issue was it? On ign they said rockstar hadn't said anything about it comming to Cube. [/B][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=teal]Well, I am unsure what issue, which is why I didn't state it in the first place. I merely saw it in the category where they show upcoming games and their dates. Though, by my recollection, I remember it being in the box where they show imported games from Japan. Then I tell myself, no, that can't be right. My memory has been failing me a lot lately, and this may be one of those cases.[/COLOR]

:blah:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B]

[color=royalblue]He was trying to say that the game was merely violence and had little substance underneath. :)

In any case, what you said doesn't surprise me.

That is why the [i]majority[/i] of Xbox owners are under 18 -- it's actually kids who tend to go for the more "adult" games. I guess adults are mature enough to generally see that good games can be good games without violence.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

MAn, that is so right. I never thought about it like that. I mean i'm 13 and at school they always talk about the GCN being a kiddy system. TRhey just want violence and no adventure. I mean all GTA3 is shooting. Wait till MEtroid comes out. Everyone will be surprised at the graphics...WHOO HOO. I can't wait

Guest Solid Snake
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DaRk DrAgOn [/i]
[B]Wait till MEtroid comes out. Everyone will be surprised at the graphics...WHOO HOO. I can't wait [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=teal]Well, the graphics won't be anything new, and are not as important as the fun factor if you are a true gamer. It will be the same spectacular designs we have seen GameCube do in the past, but the gameplay will be the one that will most likely set it apart, in a good way, from the other games. However, we seem to be getting a bit off topic with Metroid, so might we best go back to Grand Theft Auto 3?

If GTA3 is released for GCN, preferably edited, then the buyers will get the feel for what the game is intended for. Like I said, there is more to a game than just violence, and on GTA3, it provides massive 3 dimensional cities that you can explore and have fun without shooting someone in the neck. I commend the gamers who buy the edited Grand Theft Auto III, if released, for GCN, because they will have no distractions in pinpointing the best features of the game.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Solid Snake [/i]
[B]
[color=teal]Well, the graphics won't be anything new, and are not as important as the fun factor if you are a true gamer. It will be the same spectacular designs we have seen GameCube do in the past, but the gameplay will be the one that will most likely set it apart, in a good way, from the other games. However, we seem to be getting a bit off topic with Metroid, so might we best go back to Grand Theft Auto 3?

If GTA3 is released for GCN, preferably edited, then the buyers will get the feel for what the game is intended for. Like I said, there is more to a game than just violence, and on GTA3, it provides massive 3 dimensional cities that you can explore and have fun without shooting someone in the neck. I commend the gamers who buy the edited Grand Theft Auto III, if released, for GCN, because they will have no distractions in pinpointing the best features of the game.[/color]

:blah: [/B][/QUOTE]

Are you sure they would edit it? I don't think they would. And I'm not sure Rockstar would bring it to the GCif it was going to be edted.

[B]

Are you sure they would edit it? I don't think they would. And I'm not sure Rockstar would bring it to the GCif it was ging o be edted. [/B][/QUOTE]

Of corse the game would be edited if it came out for the GCN.

If it does come out for the game cube, I would still buy it, but it would be missing some elements that make the game GTA3. Mindless chaos is the most appealing parts of the game. Its good to have a game for a change where the objectives don't really matter. Of corse the intended game play is the best part of a game, but its good to have one game where you can just mess around.

Nintendo can provide a good story line game for me, but I would still like to have just one game to go crazy with.

:cool:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by bignate dawg [/i]
[B]

Of corse the game would be edited if it came out for the GCN.

If it does come out for the game cube, I would still buy it, but it would be missing some elements that make the game GTA3. Mindless chaos is the most appealing parts of the game. Its good to have a game for a change where the objectives don't really matter. Of corse the intended game play is the best part of a game, but its good to have one game where you can just mess around.

Nintendo can provide a good story line game for me, but I would still like to have just one game to go crazy with.

:cool: [/B][/QUOTE]

Why would it be edited? Because it is to violent? The Cube has very realistic zombies in it which pour out more blood then the people in GTA3. I woud say Resident Evil is a lot more graphic and violent then GTA3 and it's comming to Cube.

[color=royalblue]There is no way GTAIII would be edited if it came to GameCube -- to suggest as such is to be ignorant of Nintendo's release list.

Games like Resident Evil and Eternal Darkness are [i]far[/i] more violent and "mature" than GTAIII. [/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by bignate dawg [/i]
[B]I figure, if they allready have an edited version of GTA3 for the PS2, then they would release the edited version for the GCN.

That's if, and only if, the game even comes out for the Game Cube.

:cool: [/B][/QUOTE]

Bah, none of the North American versions of the game are edited. Furthermore, censoring in [B]any[/B] version is minimal. It's safe to say that the developers would not sacrifice content should the game come to GameCube. It's as simple as that.

[B][color=royalblue]There is no way GTAIII would be edited if it came to GameCube -- to suggest as such is to be ignorant of Nintendo's release list.

Games like Resident Evil and Eternal Darkness are far more violent and "mature" than GTAIII[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes, true James -- But it is not [i]all[/i] about how much violence is put into the games. That is not the only reason they are being censored, it is the themes that the games display that must be taken into account as well as the immediate violence.

In a game like Resident Evil, sure you can kill zombies, and you can see a lot more gore or blood than a game, such as GTAIII. But you are killing zombies, and this is a reason that Resident Evil has gotten away with large amounts of blood and gore, because you are not walking up to a innocent civilian and shooting them in the head with a shotgun, or picking up a hooker, having intercourse with her, then murdering her seconds later. That type of violence is much worse than blowing off a zombies head.

The [i]theme[/i] of violence is not the same. So when censoring a game, they censoring party needs to take into account more than just gore. For this reason, i believe there is still a strong possibility of a censored version of GTAIII if it comes tog gamecube.

[B]

[color=royalblue]Exactly.

This is why I really hate the whole "Nintendo kiddie" thing. Because half the people who say that are only about 12 or 13 years old.

[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

I completely agree, I have yet to see anyone over the age of 14 to call ANY nintendo console a "kiddies" system, simply because they can appreciate that nintendo are all about gameplay, which at the end of the day, is the reason most of us play games in the first place....

heck, even the late elvis presley recently say....

"the game cube ain't for kiddies, oh thats right momma!"

see? :smirk:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]

I completely agree, I have yet to see anyone over the age of 14 to call ANY nintendo console a "kiddies" system, simply because they can appreciate that nintendo are all about gameplay, which at the end of the day, is the reason most of us play games in the first place....[/B][/QUOTE]

Hahaha, you're wrong. Ask any Microsoft or Sony rep and I'm sure that they'll tell you just how much of a childrens' system the GameCube is. :p

So, remember people, next time one of Bill Gate's or Sony's henchmen pull up to you in a suspicious black car, just say no.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Solid Snake
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by *-- RagnaroK--* [/i]
[B]i heard rumours of GTA3 miami coming out on PS2, so if GTA3 is coming on cube, then will Miami be coming out also, cos at the moment my games list for the cbe is very short, i only got it RE:Rebirth, but im sure Melee, wekeep me occupied until december :) [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=teal]I do hope that this will answer your over-all question:[/color]
[B]Actually Rocstar hasen't made any real comments on weither or not it's comming to the Cube or not. This was an April Fools joke. But if Resident Evil sells well on the Cube then there will be no reason not to bring it to the Cube. And I think Rockstar is impressed by the Cube and would probably bring it to the Cube. [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=teal]Please be sure to read other's comments before you post your own. Questions you may ask have probably been answered already, especailly if you are bringing back a month-old topic. I recommend sticking to newer topics, and reading each post before posting your thoughts.

Anyway, the rumors of Grand Theft Auto 3: Miami, that I know of, are true. However, it looks as though it will only be headed to the PlayStation 2, unless Rockstar expands that to XBox like they suposedly are planning to do with GTA3. Why they have not included GCN to this list is beyond me.[/color]

Whether or not GTA3 will come to GC ever I have no idea. But Take 2 is releasing a game called Mafia (which has been in the works on PC since before GTA3 was even announced) is coming to GC. With the direction the game is headed it's supposedly could be the first Adults Only rated console game. The game sounds similiar in nature to GTA3, but with more substance...

If Nintendo allowed this, they sure as hell would allow GTA3. Conker was almost as bad as GTA3 in some respects, and Nintendo owns almost half of Rare. I doubt they would censor a 3rd party after that. Also, Miyamoto has said they don't care about the violence as long as the game is decent.

I have the game on PS2, so I personally don't care where else it goes... But it would be a nice game for GC to have.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Solid Snake [/i]
[B]
[color=teal]For goodness sake! At least read all of the posts on the newest page before consulting your expertise. I just explained the exact same thing a few posts up to someone else. Now would you mind reading that? It was an April fools joke! I sincerely hope that this will be closed now, and regret it even being made in the first place.[/color]

:blah: [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]Yes, it would be nice if people would read a thread before posting in it... If you don't read a thread before posting in it, you're more likely to spam than if you hadn't. Why? Because then you won't end up repeating something that someone else has already said/asked... So please, [i]read through[/i] a thread before posting in it!

I won't close this thread, however, just in case GTAIII [i]does[/i] end up being released on the GCN... Who knows, they could announce it tommorrow? ...But yeah, I'll leave it open, but please don't repeat stuff that has already been said.

People could also use this thread to discuss the GBA version of GTAIII, which hasn't been released yet. It's not [i]exactly[/i] on topic, but it's close enough that we don't really need another thread for the GBA version.[/color]