OtakuBoards

Cartoon Network will expand toonami again!

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
I just read that in the summer the kids wb version of toonami will indeed be canceled. Therefore Toonami on CN will go back to being a 3 hour block again:

Here is the official statement:

Toonami, was shortened from 4:00 PM - 7:00 PM, to 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM. A Kids' WB! version was launched this past season, however, it is being discontinued this summer. As a result, Toonami will expand once again to three hours. The block will also air new series, "Transformers: Armada," "He-Man: Masters of the Universe," "G-Gundam" and "Big O 2."

In an ironic twist of fate, apparently Big O 2 got funding to make a follow up series to the disappointing first one.

Also schedule to air in the fall of 2002

is 54 "new" episodes of Dragon Ball Z starting in September, this will finally end Dragon Ball Z and cover the last episode

also 38 "new" episodes of Dragon Ball will air on Toonami this year!

So I hope this helps everyone out!

Toonami should've just let the time slots (4-7) alone in the first place. Anyways its about time DBZ is gonna finally end, they need to retire that show or something, its been on for a LONG time. Besides I wonder how we're all gonna act once they show every show again from first to last :eek: As for the other shows, I'm more worried about G-Gundam and Big-O 2. The only way I'll like Big O, and maybe everyone else, is if they continue where they left off. Toonami (or rather the creators) left everyone hanging when they actually developed a plot and just ended the series without warning. But in the end Toonami is doing a good job with the anime they show, I just wish they would show more Kick-*** shows back in the day, like Voltron or Teknoman! :D

[COLOR=royalblue][B]I can't wait 'till I get to see the end of Dragonball Z. Finally I will get to see GT. I heard GT wasn't to good, but from the looks of it I think it is going to be awsome.

Thanks for the information. I knew little from which you stated. I knew that there was going to be new Dragonball z episodes, also Dragonball. But anyhow thanks for the information.

[/COLOR] [/B]

Guest Imsirion
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by drysy [/i]
[B]this is a funny question but did you get the name rick hunter from robotech or is that just a coincidence [/B][/QUOTE]
Coincidence?..... I think not! :D
Im glad toonami is being expanded but what is He-man about, I've only heard of it.

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
First off don't assume that just because DBZ will finally be completed that Funimation intends to start GT. As previously stated before Funimation only has plans to finish Z, and even if they decided to buy the rights to Dragon Ball GT, which are infact up for grabs, don't expect to see any of GT until late 2004! It was already decided that they will finish Dragon Ball before dealing with the GT issue!

Second, the He-man Masters of the Universe is stated to be a brand new He-man for a new generation expect to see toy lines and promotional videos sometime this June!

Last, :shifty: My name just happens to be Rick Hunter :shifty:

Cough :rolleyes: Yeah I figured no one is going to buy that so, no my real name is not Rick Hunter its Kevin, I've been a fan of Robotech/Macross from the beginning thus I use the pen name of Rick Hunter for theOtaku!

[color=crimson][size=1]I used to be a big huge Toonami buff when I had cable...GRRRRRRR....stupid bills have to add up, don't they?!? Okays anyway...

I miss the old Toonami...back when it first came out and they aired Robotech, Reboot, and Voltron, and Jonny Quest...and all that good OLD stuff...oh yeah and the old Sailor Moon, too...I miss that...oh yeah and I guess old DBZ..that was cool, too...

But then I also missed when they first started the Midnight Run. It came on on Saturday nights from Midnight to like 5 AM and they aired EVERY SINGLE show that ever appeared on Toonami. Why didn't that last? I don't know, but it was a wonderful idea, and I'm sure you all agree...[/color][/size]

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B][color=crimson][size=1]I used to be a big huge Toonami buff when I had cable...GRRRRRRR....stupid bills have to add up, don't they?!? Okays anyway...

I miss the old Toonami...back when it first came out and they aired Robotech, Reboot, and Voltron, and Jonny Quest...and all that good OLD stuff...oh yeah and the old Sailor Moon, too...I miss that...oh yeah and I guess old DBZ..that was cool, too...

But then I also missed when they first started the Midnight Run. It came on on Saturday nights from Midnight to like 5 AM and they aired EVERY SINGLE show that ever appeared on Toonami. Why didn't that last? I don't know, but it was a wonderful idea, and I'm sure you all agree...[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

I agree, I really enjoyed toonami when it first started with Thundercats, Voltron, but most importantly one of my favorite shows Robotech!:D The reason the original Midnight Run was canceled had to mainly do with ratings not may people were watching it from 12-5am, so in order to try and save money Cartoon Network decided to pull the plug and cut their loses!:(

What really got me upset was the fact that Robotech got canceled so they could put Sailor Moon on in its place!

sorry about the funny question rick hunter, but when i saw your name something clicked in my brain as rick hunter was always my favourite charachter, i liked it best when he was the captain of the skull squadron after roy folker died

I think that he was a better pilot than max

Makes you wanna get in a Valkiyre and shoot'em all up huh Hunter?:whoops: I never liked Sailormoon in that the girls only have 1 or 2 moves (which by the way are all seriously weak), not once I've seen them throw a punch, and it relies alot on its theme "Love". Man, ok have it in a show or two but damn, it gets real annoying quick if thats how they always win. Oh and lastly, I can back Rick Hunter on his obsession of Robotech/Macross....believe me I know.....:D

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Well don't worry about that funny question, glad someone around here remembers Rick Hunter and yes he is just that damn good of a pilot. Also actually in SailorMoon on of the main characters does throw punches I believe it was Sailor Jupiter who actually throws punches. I agree the love theme in it gets strecthed way too much in the series. But lets try to stick to the topic here about reactions to the new line up OK!

P.S. Thanks ZeroG214 for the backing and promoting of me, but its really not necessary, I'm just a normal person like everyone else on the boards!;)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Katana [/i]
[B]Great! But you know it'll take forever for them to get the GT eps over here. And by the way, what is this "He-Man" of which you speak? I've never heard of it. [/B][/QUOTE][color=red][size=3]He-Man is an old series from the mid-80's about a young prince named Adam who learns an ancient evil warrior called Skelator is coming to try to conquer Earth once again. He is given a sword which allows him to turn into the barbarian warrior who defeated Skeleator when he first appeared, He-Man. It's a great classic series, and new episodes does sound pretty cool, especially with the advancements in animation and the much looser censorship laws we have now.[/color][/size]

Jonny Quest...He-man...Thunder cats...ahhhh I remeber those :babble: :blush: :love:

I'm looking forward to Dragonballz finally finishing..it really annoys me how they keep playing the same sagas about 3 times before they change 'em grrrr! :flaming: No GT until 2004 :eek: say it ain't so! :bawl:

First, Rick, you are my god:cross: . Second, I can't wait to see Buu get his *** kicked by Goku. He is going to get a whoupin' when Goku goes SSJ3:blackeye: . Third, could you tell the moderator of this forum to make an extra forum for Cowboy Bebop. It is my favorite anime ever, and Outlaw Star is, in my opinion, just a dumb wannabe. Fourth, can you email me something about the platinum forum, which my friend told me about but I can't find it.

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
O_o, I'm someones god, thats a bit shocking well thanks for the compliment I guess!:p

First off, there are no intentions to make a CB forum yet however if you wish to discuss it, there is a thread in this forum that maybe is a page back about CowBoy Bebop why don't you try posting you comments in there! And since where on this topic any anime not listed in the forums should be discussed in General Anime.

Second, I'm not sure what you are talking about with the platinum forum, I talk to you about that issue over pm though! Because this will start to turn into spam.

So people lets get back to the topic about reactions to this new toonami lineup and issue!

Guest Shift
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Rick Hunter [/i]
[B] 54 "new" episodes of Dragon Ball Z starting in September, this will finally end Dragon Ball Z and cover the last episode

also 38 "new" episodes of Dragon Ball will air on Toonami this year![/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=royalblue]Those are the only 2 things in that announcement that make me happy!! I have been waiting for the rest of the Majin Buu saga for a long time now!!! I have seen all of Gt and most of Z and DB that's the only thing i haven't seen out of the Z series!! (after vegita-sama sacrifices himself)[/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by velvet paws [/i]
[B]Jonny Quest...He-man...Thunder cats...ahhhh I remeber those :babble: :blush: :love:

I'm looking forward to Dragonballz finally finishing..it really annoys me how they keep playing the same sagas about 3 times before they change 'em grrrr! :flaming: No GT until 2004 :eek: say it ain't so! :bawl: [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=red][size=3]That's nothing...last night on Boomerang, I caught "Shirt Tales". Remember Shirt Tales? About all the baby animals in the shirts solving mysteries? Ahh...the old days...[/color][/size]