OtakuBoards

Swearing in FF no more

Guest Steiner

Guest Steiner
I heard they were cutting the swearing in final fantasy games from now on...To me the Swearing adds a bit of maturity to the game....Just my opinnion....Tell me what u think?

[color=indigo]Yes, it did add a bit to the characters, but not that much. It certainly isn't neccesary. FFIII/VI is my favorite FF game, and it barely has any swearing. And, FFIII/VI is my favorite because of the cool characters, mainly. The storyline is good, too.

But anyway, I guess I don't really care that much... If they take it out, that's fine by me. If they leave it in, that's fine also. Everything in the way of swearing that I've seen in FF games has been pretty mild, compared to some of the stuff I've heard... :D[/color]

[COLOR=indigo]In my opinion, Tactics was the best ever FF (haven't played X...) and theres no cussing in there.

Cussing doesn't make up a game, it may mold the characters to be what they are, but i could imagine even barret going along without cussing, they could find other ways to make him what he is.... [/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cloud [/i]
[B][COLOR=indigo]In my opinion, Tactics was the best ever FF (haven't played X...) and theres no cussing in there.

Cussing doesn't make up a game, it may mold the characters to be what they are, but i could imagine even barret going along without cussing, they could find other ways to make him what he is.... [/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

they say bastard from time to time, heh....

there really isn't much swearing in ff games anyway so whats the problem?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cloud [/i]
[B][COLOR=indigo]In my opinion, Tactics was the best ever FF (haven't played X...) and theres no cussing in there.

Cussing doesn't make up a game, it may mold the characters to be what they are, but i could imagine even barret going along without cussing, they could find other ways to make him what he is.... [/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=deeppink]When you defeat one of the Lucavi demons (I think it's the one transformed from Dycedarg), it yells out the "sh" word.

(It's Nerdsy.)[/color]

[SIZE=1]Personally, I don't care if a character in FF swears. I think it's kinda cool if it adds to their personality... or when something bad is happening, like when the Black Mages attack that tree place (I forget what it's called >_<) and Zidane keeps yelling out "bastards!" whenever the Black Mages appear...[/SIZE]

truthfully, it isn't necessary for them to swear... But if they do that's ok too.

Maturity level...? Well i dont think that swearing is mature OR immature. As far as im concerned, a word is a word... The word Damn is no different from the word Potato... ok bad analogy but im sure you get my idea... After all it would sound weird to say, "Yeah well Potato you!!!!"

I suppose swearing kinda accents what they say... I mean saying DAMN IT sounds a bit more forceful then DARN IT which is probably why they chose to swear...

Anyway that about covers it. Swearing in FF games is ok but i can live without it...

Yeah I agree, I can't imagine the villan doing something terrible and someone shouts: Darn! I mean, if your house buned to the ground, would you say: crap? Na, I'd be cussing my head off.

But yet I understand what they are doing, they are trying to attract the younger players. I remember when I first got FF7, my mom came in and was watching me play it. She then ran it over with our car. Now that I'm older, I can accually get the FF's. I remember when ff8 was coming out and mom got mad cuz you change uniforms at times in the game. Y'know, sometimes I don't understand parents.

Another thing, it could be disney, and Kingdom Hearts is the start of it, the attraction and switch of the older and younger ppl. Now, we wait for Disney to make something violent... naaaa!!:laugh:

I'm going to make this short and sweet with an example. There are many Disney movies that are pure classics that contain absolutely no cuss words. By the same token, there are [B]tons[/B] of crappy rated R movies filled to the brim with them. Complexity in story and character development are what matter--not naughty language.:whoops:

[COLOR=indigo]you summed it up pretty well CWB. And about FF taactics and cussing, well i'v played it thru many more times than everyone else here, and i never really notice them, there irrelevant for the most part....... [/COLOR]

Never played Tactics myself...

But in every FF I've played (except 6 and before) i've noticed quite a bit of swearing (hard to miss in ff7)...

And, if i may comment, there are more than tons of crappy R movies... Actually some movies arent made for their plot, but for the swearing... Tell me i'm not the only one who thinks so...

Well they're only MILD words realy anyway. The more 'intense' words are made into symbols, for example Cid- Make me some ***&%$$$%& tea! Or with the buttocks word involved before. Anyway I think Barrett needed only a few cussed words for Mr.T.:) Yes they develop th character occasionally in my opinion, are they a necessity, I dont particularily think so, so I dont paticularily care.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cloud Strife00 [/i]
[B]They also make a character seem tough, to me it works. [/B][/QUOTE]

Oh yeah? Auron did not cuss and he came across as one tough son of a gun to me. His shady personality, reputation and strength got him over as tough. Furthermore, I can't for the life of me, remember Sephiroth cussing and he was probably the best villain to ever grace a Final Fantasy game.

[color=blue][size=1]They should use swearing sparingly. By using a cuss only a few times, the places where that kind of language is used makes things more dramatic and can make a scene/dialogue seem like so much more. No need to swear every five seconds *glares at FFVII*.[/size][/color]:therock:

I don't get It. If you guys think FF/Square doesn't curse much, why do they need to cut down? I think they're at the lowest level of cursing and the don't have to cut anything.

So tell me, Steiner, Alexandrea's Knight, sworn protector of the royal family, where did you her all this?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Crazy White Boy [/i]
[B]

Oh yeah? Auron did not cuss and he came across as one tough son of a gun to me. His shady personality, reputation and strength got him over as tough. Furthermore, I can't for the life of me, remember Sephiroth cussing and he was probably the best villain to ever grace a Final Fantasy game. [/B][/QUOTE]

Crazy White Boy knows what he's talking about...
Auron was the toughest character to appear in any Final Fantasy...

And i too cannot remember one scene where Sephiroth uttered a cuss word... We can all remember when Cid swore though... but that happened a lot anyway :D...

Guest Imsirion
I don't care if they cuss or not, it dosn't make the game better. the only time in a ff game where they cussed and it made me laugh is in ff8 , when you read the bulletion in you classroom and the trepe groupies are fighting and there all, "Well, ya, I'm going to kick your *****"

Guest rinoa
i haven't play ffx or tactics because x han't been relesed in the UK :flaming:

but swearing is ok as long there is not too much of it