OtakuBoards

so sad

Stitch

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B]

[color=royalblue]Children, by definition, lack maturity. Thus, childish could be seen as the opposite of mature.

Suicide is a selfish act...but it is also an act which displays massive immaturity. That doesn't necessarily mean to imply direct foolishness or silliness...it means that the person in question simply lacks either the experience/knowledge/understanding to avoid suicide.

Of course, there are many factors involved and I'm sure we could all go on and on about it...[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

If you mean to be innocent is to lack maturity, then I can agree. There really is no such thing as a mature person, and no matter how mature a person acts, they will commit suicide if they get depressed enough. HAve you ever actually committed suicide and luckily survived it? I have. And until you are pushed to the limit you shouldnt assume (make an *** out of u and me) that all people who commit suicide are immature. I have to go soon, so I will be back later to check this topic out.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ~Gohans Gurl~ [/i]
[B]yeah so i cut my self once (purposely) so that makes me immature i thnk not suicde was truly his only way out and i mean i tried to help him but suceeded in getting suspended beacse i broke her rib
~GG~ [/B][/QUOTE]

No, you'd be stupid and Irrational if you did that.

How many times do I have to say that violence also gets you no where... this is more proof... for god's sake... NO one told any person in authority did they?..... MAYBE you should have done that.... maybe even his parents? The police, school principal, the girls parents... did you try all of them? If not then there was SO much more you could have done to save him....

Suicide is never the only way out.... it's an irrational and selfish way out.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Megabakin [/i]
[B]

HAve you ever actually committed suicide and luckily survived it? I have. [/B][/QUOTE]

Uhh... you can't committ suicide and live.... That would defy life in itself.

I made it lucky, I was found, and not yet dead. I was taken to the hospital where they were barely able to revive me, but they did. But now I only have a quarter of my memory because of the lack of oxygen and blood to my brain. (which i still have now)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Megabakin [/i]
[B]

If you mean to be innocent is to lack maturity, then I can agree. There really is no such thing as a mature person, and no matter how mature a person acts, they will commit suicide if they get depressed enough. HAve you ever actually committed suicide and luckily survived it? I have. And until you are pushed to the limit you shouldnt assume (make an *** out of u and me) that all people who commit suicide are immature. I have to go soon, so I will be back later to check this topic out. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue]Innocent? Innocent is really the same as immature.

Just as I shouldn't assume about you, you shouldn't assume about me. I'm not going to start spilling my guts here (because I think it would bore everyone), but I know more about this subject than you think.

In any case, committing suicide is certainly an act of immaturity. That immaturity might be the inability to deal with one's emotions...the immaturity of not being able to talk to people around you...or perhaps even the immaturity of not recognizing your own symptoms.

As I said before, immaturity doesn't necessarily mean silliness or whatever else...it can simply mean that you are either too young or too inexperienced to deal with a situation.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]

Uhh... you can't committ suicide and live.... That would defy life in itself. [/B][/QUOTE]

True, and I liked the fact that you were the first to point out that nobody informed the authorities. I would have said that, if I thought it was relevant to my arguement.

But you are right, somebody should of told someone, but didn't. There we go, but who knows if it would have stopped it. I hope it would have.

Usually suicidies don't rely on others, as they do't believe they can't be helped. *sigh*

I don't believe that innocence is the same as imaturity. After all, you can remain innocent, but be old. I would say innocence is more akin to inexperience, but there is room to be proved wrong...

But yes, suicide is a mixture of arrogance, fear, stupidity, and selfishness, all linking to stupidity.

But don't forget this point: Young people commit the most suicides, and are teenagers. Teenagers haven't fully matured by 14, 15, and even older some times. Therefore, they are IMMATURE, and won't understand these things, not having matured.

Anyhow, nobody said the guy did the mature, or the right thing, so why is it being argued that suicide is an immature thing, and the guy and people involved were immature, when no one was said to be mature, and one should expect them to do the mature thing, as they do not have the experience to do so.