Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Final Fantasy 11


Recommended Posts

Guest BulmaVegeta1
Posted
Does anyone know when FF11 will come out in the US? I need to know!

[color=indigo]There, I changed it to "FF11" since you said that's what you meant. - Desbreko[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BulmaVegeta1 [/i]
[B]I am soo sorry!! I meant FFXI!!!! [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=indigo]Anyway FFXI will be released about.... well in north america, it'll be about 11/3/2002, in Japan, it'll be 5/16/2002
[/COLOR]
Guest BulmaVegeta1
Posted
Man, I can't beleive I have to wait that long!!!:mad: But if I lived in Japan... that would be a different story. I was born on 5-17-89 and If I did live in Japan, I'd proably get FFXI on my b-day! But that's never gonna happen.:cross:
  • 4 weeks later...
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by *-- RagnaroK--* [/i]
[B]This has been bugging me for a while, is FF 11 going to be a story, online battle mode only, online story mode, or all three of them? [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Online, that's it... which kinda sucks...[/SIZE]
Posted
Yeah, that's the problem with FFXI. It will cost A LOT. For the game, the modem, the sony connection fee, the ISP fee & a few other costs that may be needed (Keyboard, mouse). It will cost the average player a lot of money.

But then again, having a huge FF world will be awesome. But i'm sure there will be TONS of worlds, becuase you wouldn't want 100,000 parties all wandering around in one world.

The next step i want to see is Online GTAIII :devil:
Posted
You should only have to pay 40 dollars. That's what I heard. You can use youre existing isp service to. I know that there is a few other fees but I don't think it's as expensive as what you say.
Posted
Yes, but for someone who doesn't own a Computer, or have the internet. You will have to buy a modem, get an ISP, and purchase a USB Keyboard & Mouse. The $40 dollars thing would probebly be the connection fee to sony, ontop of the other costs.
Posted
[color=indigo]If you have a computer, I suggest getting it on that (if your system will be able to run it, anyway), instead of the PS2. Mainly because you already have a hard drive, a keyboard, a mouse, and, if you're hooked up to the net, a modem and ISP. If you have all that, then it'll only be the cost of the game and the fee to play it. If you don't have a modem, you can get a 56K modem for pretty cheap anymore, and an ISP is usually about $15 a month. Even if you have to wait a bit for the PC version to be released (I think the PC versions of FFVII and FFVIII took a bit longer to be released than the PSX versions), I think it'll be worth it.
I myself am going to get the PC version for this reason, and also because I don't have a PS2 (although I really want one). Even if I already had a PS2, it'd still be [i]way[/i] more expensive than getting the PC version... I'd have to get the Network Adapter, the Hard Drive, and the game itself, plus the fee, if I got it for the PS2. When I get it for the computer, I'll just have to buy the game and pay the fee. (Well, I'll probably have to upgrade some stuff on my system, but it's been needing to be upgraded for awhile now, heheh).[/color]
Posted
[color=indigo]Well, it definitely looks like it's going to be a good game. Judging from what I've heard and seen of the game so far, it looks as if it's going to be just what I've been wanting. For awhile I was considering getting EverQuest, but then I heard about FFXI; so now I'm going to wait for FFXI and get it instead.[/color]
Posted
I'm just a little wary about the extra fee just to play on the PlayOnline server...I mean, with the sales it'll most likely have, they should have a lot of money to maintain the servers, just like Blizzard and BattleNet...
Posted
[color=indigo]Yeah, I'm kind of annoyed that they're going to charge to play it, too... I'm hoping that the fee will just be temporary, though, and that they'll stop charging to play if they get enough sales. That would be nice, because I'll be paying $10 a month for DSL (I split it with my brothers and parents), plus $10 more a month for the fee... And I already miss that $10 a month for the DSL... But I think it said something in the latest EGM about there being a yearly fee that worked out to be cheaper than paying for it monthly. Of course, it could change since the release is still pretty far off. I wouldn't mind if it was only $5 a month.[/color]
Posted
If i want this game, then im gonna have to pay for this myself, there is no way on earth that my parents are going to!!
And another thing, do you pay for each character, ie- 7 pounds for yourself, and say an extra 7 pounds for your brothe or friend to play aswell?
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Zachary [/i]
[B]in japan it comes out on may 16th. And i think the usa version is coming summer 2003. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, and there they are getting FF11 when FF10 isnt even out in the US or UK. We always get it hard, man!!!!
Posted
[color=indigo]Umm... FFX has been out in the US for a few months now... But yeah, it's annoying how we have to wait while we here reports from Japan about how good the game is.

About the pricing, though... I heard that there'd be a fee of around $10 a month, and that each additional character would only cost an extra dollar. Of course, that's the Japanese pricing (converted to US dollars), so it may change some for the rest of the world. I don't think Square has said anything about the pricing in the US or UK yet, but I wish they would. And it had [i]better[/i] not be any more than $10 a month![/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Zachary [/i]
[B], yeah ff10 has been out since december. What are you talking about. Man i wonder how ff11 turned out in japan? [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Please make your posts for understandable, thank you. :)[/SIZE]
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted
They have to make it so hard. I'll most likely brake the PC before I know how to play it. In 5, 10, or even 20 years would they have it on easy to use PS3, or PS4 (if they come out with that)?
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
*BEGIN BIG NEWS ANNOUNCEMENT*

The lastest news from E3 Says that FFXI will be released in america on 2/15/2003,It says so at [url=http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/categories/products/product.asp?pf_id=182338&site=GSBUY]EBGames[/url] page on it.

*END BIG NEWS ANNOUNCEMENT*
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted
i might be wrong i dunno but from what i hear you only have to pay the $50(??) dollars for the game, $40 for a modem thing for the PS2 and in japan they had a $10/month cost to play but i heard they might not have that in the US. if anyone has heard different id love to know because that $10/month could stop me from gettin the game
Posted
[color=indigo]Well, try taking a look at the second to last post in [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11622&pagenumber=2]this thread[/url]. It has the latest info that I know of. And for the monthly fee, Square hasn't said whether they'll have the fee in the US or not.[/color]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...