Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
hey whats happening to the psx! some people still have them and its like its being forgotten! thats not fair...:flaming:

i know the new consoles are way better but even the magazines are changing to the new consoles.:devil: :flaming:

the only one there is left is OPM but that to xpensive (because of demo games it gives)

:therock: :toothy: :drunk:
Posted
I know, that is really dissapointing. I believe a thread was made about this some im ago. But in my heart I still support the PSX, classic games and a classic console. Playstation Reveloution!
Posted
You claim not to have forgotten the Original Playstation, yet you call it the PS1... PSX WAS the [i]ORIGINAL[/i] playstation, not this PSone crap.

Well, I didn't mean it like that. I myself have a PSone and a PSX... They're both still good, even if there are all these new-fangled 3rd Generation consoles.
Posted
Flash I said PSX, lol. Oh, you weren't talking to me, but it had been predicted, the end of the PSX generation unfortunately. Like N64. But 5 years is a huge time in comparison.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by 8520 [/i]
[B]hey whats happening to the ps1! some people still have them and its like its being forgotten! thats not fair...:flaming:

i know the new consoles are way better but even the magazines are changing to the new consoles.:devil: :flaming:

the only one there is left is OPM but that to xpensive (because of demo games it gives)

:therock: :toothy: :drunk: [/B][/QUOTE]

What's happening to the PSX you ask? Well, it's being phased out, just as all consoles do when they become technologically obsolete.

I know it's disappointing to see a console you liked fade away, but it has to happen. This is all the process of evolution. If new consoles didn't come out and replace older ones, we'd still be playing Atari 2600 and what have you. More powerful hardware makes deeper gameplay, better graphics, etc. possible. Newer models don't really just apply to consoles either. Look at the automobile industry, computers, books, televisions, and the list goes on and on.

In a bit of good news, Sony is showing [I]some[/I] support for the console. This summer, I believe, they are releasing a game called "C-12." Expect it to be kinda like the Syphon Filter games in terms of gameplay.
Posted
[SIZE=1]The PSX/PS1 has been forgotten because of of the next generation consoles and their new games that have been coming out. If you notice all the new PS1 games dissapeared after christmas because allot of kids got a new shiny system wether GBA, PS2, X-Box, or Gamecube most kids got one of them and now the companies fell they have enough in homes so they do not need to make games for the older systems now.[/SIZE]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Crazy White Boy [/i]
[B]

In a bit of good news, Sony is showing [I]some[/I] support for the console. This summer, I believe, they are releasing a game called "C-12." Expect it to be kinda like the Syphon Filter games in terms of gameplay. [/B][/QUOTE]

Didn't that come out like half a year ago? Or was that just in NZ? o_O;;
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Final_Flash [/i]
[B]

Didn't that come out like half a year ago? Or was that just in NZ? o_O;; [/B][/QUOTE]

Hmm, I'm pretty sure it has to be just NZ. This makes me wonder what the heck Sony is up to. They're confusing me!!!

*falls over grabbing head and twitching intensely*
Posted
lol, I heard of C-12 a while back aswell. I thought it was gonna be a racing game... o.O;; ..but apparently not... :twitch:
Posted
I have the original. Not the original ones with open port thing in the back to add stuff, the original. It still works,but what sucks is my brother stole my power cord and sold it. But PSX will never be forgotten for the Playstation Revolution will never be lost or forgotten.
Posted
The only games worth playing on my old PSX ('96 version the one that overheats after 4 hours...) are the Dance Dance Revolution games...and the mixes as well since I can't play them with a regular U.S. PS2. All other PSone games from the U.S. work well on the PS2.
Posted
[color=red][size=3]First off, PS 1 is the PSX, only smaller. No difference, just a more convienant travel size.

Second, the PS1/PSX is not popular because no one wants to play on graphics lesser than what we have, which is really a shame. There's still a fairly large market for classic games, as recent re-releases of Super Mario Bros.(as Super Mario Deluxe) has proven, despite what level the graphics are. Plus, they don't want anything with a less than in depth storyline, which really can't be accounted for.

The simple problem: the gamers today are getting younger and younger, and they don't know what classic is. I'm only 17, but I do believe I prefer the original Nintendo over some of the crap that's out today.[/color][/size]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by JCBaggee [/i]
[B][color=red][size=3]First off, PS 1 is the PSX, only smaller. No difference, just a more convienant travel size.

Second, the PS1/PSX is not popular because no one wants to play on graphics lesser than what we have, which is really a shame. There's still a fairly large market for classic games, as recent re-releases of Super Mario Bros.(as Super Mario Deluxe) has proven, despite what level the graphics are. Plus, they don't want anything with a less than in depth storyline, which really can't be accounted for.

The simple problem: the gamers today are getting younger and younger, and they don't know what classic is. I'm only 17, but I do believe I prefer the original Nintendo over some of the crap that's out today.[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

I agree that some classic Nintendo games are much better than some of the uninspired junk we have out there today. I wish that Microsoft and Sony would be a little more choosy on what they let pass through the pipes.

You bring up an interesting point though about how successful classic remakes are and it relates a little to what I just said. Presently, it's difficult for new franchises to beome established. There's just so much crap out there that a lot of people only buy something for its face value.

If a game doesn't have a significant historical backing, or an innovative feature that really stands out as extraordinary, it's easy for it to become buried within the overwhelming software hitting the shelves.

Last Christmas I would have hated to be releasing something for PS2, that's for sure. I hear that cool titles like Jak and Daxter even failed for the very reasons mentioned above. 'Tis sad, very sad. Especially since garbage like the new Crash Bandicoot games will probably sell better than some of the higher quality gems out there.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Crazy White Boy [/i]
[B]

.

In a bit of good news, Sony is showing [I]some[/I] support for the console. This summer, I believe, they are releasing a game called "C-12." Expect it to be kinda like the Syphon Filter games in terms of gameplay. [/B][/QUOTE]
What!? lol England actually got something before the US!? C-12 was released ages ago here, like in NZ like Flash said, thats strange.
Posted
Well, the PSone/PSX isn't exactly forgotten. I mean it still is apart of the PS2 since it allows you to play your PSone/PSX games on it. However Sony made sure to have some games blocked from being able to play on the system, the Wu-Tang Clan fighting game is a prime example of this. But for the games we are allowed to play on the PS2, we are allowed to update them in a sense using the 'Smooth textures', and 'Disc Speed' features.

But if it's about news, or new games that people are having a problem with. Well, what can I tell you? Crazy White Boy's posts clear that up nicely.
Posted
[SIZE=1]They still make games for the PSX... to my knowledge anyway. They make PSX games of PS2 games, example: THPS3. So I think it won't die just yet...[/SIZE]
Posted
[color=red][size=3]What scares me is how it's suddenly becoming a kiddie system! Look at recent games...
"Cubix: Robots for Everyone!"
"Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone"
and at least one Barbie game!

Why God, why?! Keep it for the big kids too![/color][/size]
Posted
The PSX isn't forgotten. They're are making games for the system, its just that they aren't advertised anymore. They usued to play a PSX commercial back then every once in a while, now its rarely seen over the PS2, Xbox and GCN commercials. Unforunately JCBaggee is right, the games that are still coming out for the PSX are all childish. (Sometimes I wonder why they even make games that even some fans of the games don't play them cuz they're poorly made.) I have 2 PSX other than my PS2 and I still use them. I rather keep using my PSX to play PSX games so I can keep my PS2 from malfunctioning too soon.
Posted
I don't really see how putting PSX games in your PS2 would damage it...unless it's really old and scratched up...

Since there are more and more "beginning" developers coming straight out of college and starting their own buisness, they'd have a great inexpensive kick out of developing for PSX and building their skills until they can make the jump to the next generation consoles.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...