Jump to content
OtakuBoards

What do you think is the hardest language to learn in the whole world???


Recommended Posts

Guest BulmaVegeta1
Posted
I would have to say that Japanese is pretty tough, but Chinese looks harder, espically Mandrin Chinese. Korean looks pretty tough too. It's espically hard when you see the words, you think, "what the hell do those little squiggly lines and shapes mean?" It's really hard for us and them, think about what they're used to, and when they try to learn English it's the same as us trying to learn their language.

PS: I wish evryone is the whole world spoke the same language. That would make everything so easy!
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SSJ Gotenks ok [/i]
[B]I would say japenese too because ive been takin japense classes for about a month and it's harder than i taught!!!:(But im not going to give up!!:) [/B][/QUOTE]

Apparently English is for you too...

Japanese is actually fairly easy... English woul dhave to be the hardest language to learn... I think we are the only country to take our own langaugae classes for at least till we graduate high school.... by that time, the Japanese have already learned English themselves....
Guest BulmaVegeta1
Posted
That's good, don't give up because it always feels good to acomplish something. In the long run it'll be worth it.
Posted
[SIZE=1][B][FONT=arial]In 2 grade I had to learn some spanish words. It was really hard. We had to study Mexico. I had to use a spanis dictrinary. Heck that was last year. I don't even rememeber some words. lol[/b][/size][/font]
Posted
i'd have to say english, there are too many grammatical rules, hononyms (sorry about my own spelling/english) and all kinds of other stuff. so many things that we take lightly in speech.
example.
him and me , him and i, Him and I.
which is right?
or the apostrophy, ' to show possesion. kents' and kent's, two totally different things. all languages have these, but in english its just too technical. thats why these boards are full of improper speech.
Posted
[B]There's a middle eastern language that has something like 64 letters in it's alphabet, I bet thats mighty hard to learn. Although I can't remember the name of the language, I think it's in the guiness book of records under the longest alphabet in a language...[/B]
Posted
[quote][i]Originally posted by SSJ Gotenks ok[/i]
[b]E[/b]nglish isn[b]'[/b]t hard for me[b],[/b] [b]I[/b] mean[b],[/b] that is my first language.[b][space][/b]I know [b]S[/b]panish[b],[/b] but sometimes [b]I[/b] pronounce words wrong.[/quote][color=indigo]This is the kind of stuff Transtic was looking at when he said English isn't your best language. I would correct your first post, but I would be here forever. :p

English is by far the hardest language to learn. Like gokents said, "there are too many grammatical rules, hononyms (sorry about my own spelling/english) and all kinds of other stuff." That's not quite how I'd put it, but you get the idea.[/color]
[quote][i]Originally posted by The Elite DBZ[/i]
[b]There's a middle eastern language that has something like 64 letters in it's alphabet, I bet thats mighty hard to learn. Although I can't remember the name of the language, I think it's in the guiness book of records under the longest alphabet in a language...[/b][/quote][color=indigo]Do you want to take a shot at how many characters are in the Japanese and Chinese alphabet? Sixty-four is nothing compared to those.[/color]
Posted
I say any language that i don't know seems hard to learn.
In India, they have 144 languages/dialects. I'd like to see me trying to learn that.
Posted
it almost like a lock.
charectors are each words in themselves maybe more than one.
but letters for the english language, think of how many combonations there are.
or all the words that are english no matter what language. this is really only noticable in spanish, maybe other romance languages.
but what do you think the spanish word autobus means.
Posted
I would have to say Japanese the pronounciation is coming a little difficult for me, and I am now known as the butcher, well the girl that is teaching me calls me that, cuz for the first week of a new word I butcher it but yeah.

Supposedly however (USA) English is the hardest language to learn, because of all the exceptions, double meaning words, and other stuff.
Posted
Japanese isn't really that hard to learn, I'm almost close to speaking it fluently (thanks to watching sub-titled anime a million times over). But writing it is tough, Kanji takes too long to learn so right now I'm practicing katakana.
Posted
I really think that English is the hardest. If you take in to account all the numerous meanings for some words, hononyms, synonyms, punctuation, grammatical terms.....it's really mind boggling.
Posted
I'd have to say Spanish. 0.o Rolling of the tounge for that double rr is tough. ANd knowing like to put indirect objects, connect personal pronouns and stuff. Man, ive probably got all this wrong already. Tough language. o.0
Posted
French, or Afghan.... they sound like they're from another planet to me... o.O;;

We once had French for Language class one term, and it was a complete nightmare.... I couldn't learn one single word for 3 weeks...
Posted
i would treally have to say Russian is...all those characters...it's scary...
and i agree with Adam about the arabic language!

perhaps all languages that one doesn't know is hard...

:wave:
Posted
I'd have to say it is either Chinese, Russian, English, or Arabic. It isn't Japanese because you can get by without learning much of the Kanji(Chinese Characters). I love Japanese so much. It is the easiest language I have done so far.

To Elite DBZ: There are thousands of Characters in Chinese.
Guest Morph
Posted
Well the 3 hardest languages are Japanese, Chinese, and English

Thats what it is to me atleast
Guest BulmaVegeta1
Posted
Most people agree that our language and some or most of the Asian languages are the hardest to learn. My mom is from Brazil and she speaks Portuguese sometimes when she is on the phone with relatives. I can't understand a word she's saying!! I don't know why she's never taught me, and because of that, I can never communicate with my relatives. I feel so bad. I try to learn it from books, but it's just too damn hard!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...