jlow Posted May 9, 2002 Posted May 9, 2002 What strategy do you use think is harder to beat in chess?
Nozomi Posted May 9, 2002 Posted May 9, 2002 I don't use any stratagy. ^^ Me don't know any strategy's. A week ago i played chess on the comp with someone else. And me just did some things. And I was kinda close to winning. I think you just must do what comes the best out that time you play. ^^
Cibo Posted May 9, 2002 Posted May 9, 2002 I don't think any of the ones you listed are hard. I personally hate the Fiancho.
Kent Posted May 9, 2002 Posted May 9, 2002 i gotta say i dont know those either. do you play chess at pogo games? we could play and you could show me some moves.
Char! Posted May 9, 2002 Posted May 9, 2002 pogo rules. My account is szyJYM if anyone ever wants to play... I haven't studied chess moves in a while, so I'm not sure if I'm accurate on my knowledge of tough strategies. But I think the King's Gambit is pretty tough, or at least the most fun to play.
MysticBabe Posted May 10, 2002 Posted May 10, 2002 Lol, i dunno. you shouldn't ask such hard questions. :cross: unfortunatly, i didn't take after my older bro. he maybe the next bobby fisher. :therock:
Renee Posted May 10, 2002 Posted May 10, 2002 Chess... this reminds me of the chess bords we're do I'm in art. Mine is really bad... Getting back on topic, I have no strategy thingys. I just play:D Sadly, this works sometimes.
Cibo Posted May 10, 2002 Posted May 10, 2002 I play on Chess.net, the best chess server in my opinoin...anyone wanna play? :)
Sui Generis Posted May 10, 2002 Posted May 10, 2002 I don't remember what I use...heh forgot the name, but I sometimes use different stuff so it all depends...jeez but i haven't played chess in a good 4 months...wow its been long...
The Harlequin Posted May 10, 2002 Posted May 10, 2002 It depends on what strategy you use, and whether they put it into play in reaction to one of your moves.
jlow Posted May 10, 2002 Author Posted May 10, 2002 I think the hardest one to play is the queen's gambit because it offers defense in offense but if you play as black and your opponent uses the king's gambit it totally messes up your strategy. I npersonally play the queen's gambit but when i play as black and someone uses the king's gambit i just go with the flow! I find the fiancho strategy eay to defeat. i play on playsite under champ999.
Kent Posted May 10, 2002 Posted May 10, 2002 i love chess and i still dont know any im still gonna be playing a pogo games, so if you want to play you can pm me. also, i would like to tell of the biggest upset in chess history. it occurred about 2 months ago. i am rated 15 something at pogo. its not nessacarily the most accurate. the other day i beat a guy that was rated as a expert with a rating of 2064. maybe it was luck, well, in all probibility it was luck. i'd like to think im just that good.lol.
MarkM Posted May 10, 2002 Posted May 10, 2002 Okay this is really sad but mesa dont know how to play chess. Anyway so i hve no idea what the heck you are all talking about!
Cibo Posted May 11, 2002 Posted May 11, 2002 No one wants to play me on chess.net? I will take all challengers. :)
Omniroth Posted May 11, 2002 Posted May 11, 2002 I would have to say the Queens Gambit. Once she comes out, it's nearly impossible to get past without damage from the King or the others. Which this here, nullifies my special X pattern attack...
slasher Posted May 11, 2002 Posted May 11, 2002 I love Chess, I have played it a long time, but i have no clue what those moves are.
Char! Posted May 11, 2002 Posted May 11, 2002 I haven't played an actual game since I came out of temporary retirement to beat the school's chess champ. That's gotta be a good 5, 6 months ago... Unfortunately there was only one dollar saying I'd lose, and it was mine... sigh...
Fall Posted May 12, 2002 Posted May 12, 2002 Well I don't exactly use strategies.... I just play, and try to beat the opponent... o.O;; Usually playing my own game gets me the win....
Mina Posted May 12, 2002 Posted May 12, 2002 Heh. Me 'n Chess never mix. From the first move, I'm always forced to go on defense. I once got out on my [I]second[/I] move. :blush: How pathetic.
Fish Posted May 12, 2002 Posted May 12, 2002 nah none of them are hard to beat. Just take it as it goes
Deedlit Posted May 12, 2002 Posted May 12, 2002 I usually don't use strategy, just luck. :D Just pull out some moves that they won't expect, then go for the kill! Works every time for me. :D
Fall Posted May 13, 2002 Posted May 13, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mina Karusala [/i] [B]Heh. Me 'n Chess never mix. From the first move, I'm always forced to go on defense. I once got out on my [I]second[/I] move. :blush: How pathetic. [/B][/QUOTE]lol, I've been beaten like that a fair few times.... mostly by people who are hopeless at chess.... o.O;; I never can seem to get someone in check mate. 0.o the game always end up in stalemate... :(
jlow Posted May 13, 2002 Author Posted May 13, 2002 To clarify a little Kings Gambit= Pawn up two spaces in front of king while trying to castle as quickly as possible and build great defense. VERY POPULAR! Queen's Gambit= Pawn in front of queen two spaces castling comes later while you go for a great defense while building a plan and set up that lets you destroy ,fork,pin,and get aquick checkmate. Sicilian Defense= This is the strongest defense possible and helps protect the king from almost any kind of attack. Double Knight Attack= Open with knights developing them into center then advance pawns while never castling.
Char! Posted May 13, 2002 Posted May 13, 2002 I usually try a blitzkreig opening, then back my pieces up if it doesn't work. I usually pull out a few more wins than losses.
Cibo Posted May 14, 2002 Posted May 14, 2002 What makes me a great chess player is that I am very effeciant in at least 4 or 5 different openings for both my black and white. Takes alot of pratice tho.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now