OtakuBoards

Finally

Madmax

Well, the pictures they show look nice. [I]But[/I] the process of installing it requires a soldering iron. :rolleyes:

Plus, not included in the kit are wire strippers, a plastic removal tool, an appropriate screwdriver, a compressed air dust remover, a screen cover replacement from Nintendo and soldering flux.

I mean, that's a lot of materials. I bet that it would be awfully easy to screw up the GameBoy Advance when installing this light...

LOL thats way old news Madmax. That project has been in development for the past year and they begun selling those things last friday. I'm expecting my kit by this week! :-) Yea it does require some hands-on work but this is the light everyone has been waiting for. Besides you don't have to do it yourself.

Yeah, James that pretty much just threw me off as well.

Iggy, what does that have to do with the GBA? LOL.

Ah, well. Anyway, I'm pretty much with Crazy White Boy on this. It's far too much of a risk just to install a light on a GBA, and to buy all of that needed tools, etc. Well, I'm willing to bet it would cost well over the amount of the usual GBA light, and probably some games as well. It's definitely not worth it.

[color=indigo]Well, it looks cool... But I don't want to have to open up my GBA... I don't like modding my systems, even if I'm not really afraid of screwing something up. I just don't like to mess with my game systems.

That, and I've never really had any problems with the lighting on the GBA... (Well, except for one time when I was playing at dusk, but that's just because there was barely any light at all, [i]anywhere[/i]). I hear all these different people complain and rant about the GBA being too dark, but I've never noticed it being any darker than the GBC... I dunno, I've never been sensitive to light shining it my eyes, so maybe that has something to do with it? I don't really have [i]good[/i] night-vision, but it's not bad, either.[/color]

I'm not gonna waste my money. You know why? Because you can stick the old "wormlight" for the GBC in the light plug on the GBA, upside down. Then just twist the light around to the screen. :D

but maybe that's "voiding the warranty" or something?

Actually, technically alot of people already voided their warranty already. I mean who here uses non-nintendo products that range from link cables and wormlights? Of course they all need to be connected to the EXT. port of the GBA but since nintendo never really tested those things themselves then how do you know it won't mess up your machine?

Me, I'm not worried about damaging my GBA for several reasons: I know how to do technical work, my warranty is already void (expired) and I already have my own ideas to modify my GBA (such as extending the battery life)

Lastly, everyone here is all worried about having to install the light themselves. Why don't you guys just take it to professional? (bam, problem solved)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ZeroG214 [/i]
[B]Actually, technically alot of people already voided their warranty already. I mean who here uses non-nintendo products that range from link cables and wormlights? Of course they all need to be connected to the EXT. port of the GBA but since nintendo never really tested those things themselves then how do you know it won't mess up your machine?

Me, I'm not worried about damaging my GBA for several reasons: I know how to do technical work, my warranty is already void (expired) and I already have my own ideas to modify my GBA (such as extending the battery life)

Lastly, everyone here is all worried about having to install the light themselves. Why don't you guys just take it to professional? (bam, problem solved) [/B][/QUOTE]The thing is, these accesories are sold cheaper, that's why people who can't afford the Nintendo made accesories buy them ones. I myself have bought a heap of things, not made buy Nintendo, for my GBA. But I'm not worried....