Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Magic the gathering making a comeback!!!


Recommended Posts

Guest NOFX_21212
Posted
I USED TO PALY THAT GAME ABOUT 3 YEARS AGO....., I HAD A BAD BLACK DECK, IT WAS LIKE A MERCENARY I THINK. THEN ONE DAY I PUT TOGETHER A BLUE DECK.... THAT DECK HAS BEEN OUTLAWED BY MY FRIENDS B/C IT CAN NEVER BE BEATEN. EVEN TWO ON ONE AND STUFF. IT WAS THE BEST DECK EVER I BELIEVE...
Posted
[color=teal][size=1]I never much got into the MtG TCG, I only had two cards, and I found those on the street. One was green, the other was red. Can't remember what they were.

And hey, since this is a MtG thread, how about someone tell a Poké-geek like me how the game's played?[/color][/size]
Posted
I remember the street-cards well.
They were Goblin General (When Goblin General attacks, all your Goblins get +1 +1 until the end of the turn.)
And Treefolk Mystic (Whenever a creature blocks or is blocked by Treefolk Mystic, destroy all enchantments on that creature.)
Wow I just realized they are in horrible shape...
Thanks though Char.
Posted
[color=teal][size=1]I made an attempt to learn to play the game today... I think I won... a few times... maybe.

So you put down a land card, then you put down a creature, then you wait, then if it meets the requirements you attack... Right so far?[/color][/size]
Guest NOFX_21212
Posted
AT LUNCH, SOMETIMES WE'D PLAY FAST MANA, YOU LAY DOWN ALL LANDS IN YOUR HAND DURING TURNS, NOT TOO SURE IF IT WAS A REAL RULE, BUT OH WELL, I HAD A NICE RED DECK, LOTS OF DAMAGE SPELLS, PLUS MY CRIMSON HELLKITE, AND CRATER HELLIONS... THOSE WERE THE DAYS...
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by NOFX_21212 [/i]
[B]AT LUNCH, SOMETIMES WE'D PLAY FAST MANA, YOU LAY DOWN ALL LANDS IN YOUR HAND DURING TURNS, NOT TOO SURE IF IT WAS A REAL RULE, BUT OH WELL, I HAD A NICE RED DECK, LOTS OF DAMAGE SPELLS, PLUS MY CRIMSON HELLKITE, AND CRATER HELLIONS... THOSE WERE THE DAYS... [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=coral]Please don't type in all-caps. It is generally considered to be a form of yelling on the Internet and is not recommended. :)[/color]
Guest NOFX_21212
Posted
IT'S MY STYLE...
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by NOFX_21212 [/i]
[B]IT'S MY STYLE... [/B][/QUOTE]


Was that post really needed to better our days? I think not.


In any case, I was a tad too young to get into MTG the first time around. But I'm gonna look into it this round... Bah.
Posted
I'm on the line of begginer/advanced.
I still gotta learn about a few things.
I still can't see the connections directly with the cards.
Ummmm...
To whoever had the Elvish Piper, could I maybe buy that from you?
It wold make my green deck perfect.
Posted
Nope! Sorry! ^_^


Another fun combo of mine is Flame Rift/Inferno/Bloodfires/Something with damage to players thats Red+Circle of Protection: Red

I've made a new deck out of Comeback, I like it, he's the list of cards for it...

White:

Unquestioned Authority
Teroh's Faithful X2
Benalish Trapper
Aven Warcraft
C.O.P.: Black
Angel of Mercy

Blue:

Giant Octopus
King Crab
Arctic Merfolk
Sapprazzan Outrigger
Stormscape Apprentice
Wormfang Behemoth
Stormscape Familiar X2
Tidal Visionary
Waterspout Elemental
Wormfang Drake
Stormscape Battlemage

Black:

Mortal Combat
Nightscape Familiar
Enslaved Horror
Crypt Angel
Mesmeric Fiend
Order of the Ebon Hand
Filth
Abomination
Ravenous Rats
Lord of the Pit

Gold:

Iridescent Angel
Marsh Crocodile X2
Cavern Harpy X2
Silver Drake
Dromar's Charm

Lands:

Dromar's Cavern X2
Ancient Spring
Plains X6
Island X8
Swamp X8
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by NOFX_21212 [/i]
[B]IT'S MY STYLE... [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=teal][size=1]Not to get on anyone's case, or to get off topic, but it was my style too. I know where you're comin' from, but the caps just gots to go...[/color][/size]
  • 4 weeks later...
Posted
I make a deck about every three days. I have somewhere around 1000 cards and save up to buy more. (I can't even afford a gumball now!)

And NOFX, it's my style too, but the boards ain't the place, ok!
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DuoGod of Death [/i]
[B]Kavus are very cool! I prefer whats it called.....Sliver? Yeah Slivers I love those!! Sliver decks rule! [/B][/QUOTE]
I've been playing MTG scince I was 7.
I love Kavus too. I have a pret good Kavu deck, lost twice.
I have a Sliver deck too, all it needs are Sliver Queens...
Right now I'm working on a Dingus Deck.
Posted
A friend of my bro had spend more than 10.000 Gulden on magic cards.
Me have pretty much cards too, and me too like Kavu's

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...