Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I was just wondering if you guys have seen this before. I never knew anythign like it existed untill I bought this months issue of Super street. It looks pretty awesome. All I know about it right now is that its a japanese anime about A group of road racers who head to the moutnains at night and do touge runs all night. The main character turns out to be really good at it, and starts to become the drift king. Anyone who does not know what touge runs are its simply this- Person gets a RWD car, heads to the mountains where the roads are very curvy and not alot of people are there. They gain hide speeds and start thowing there car into a drift (when your car looses traction and starts to slide, also know as a power slide). The idea is to slide your car alll the way down the mountain the fastest with out ever regaining traction. Its actually quite fun and exciting. It gets the adrenilin flowing for sure.
Posted
Hmm. I've seen the manga, but I didn't get it because I don't really like the drawing style, and I'm just not into car racing. But for a racing fan, it looks cool. If it really is good, I might just buy it anyway. I could overlook the drawing style. ;)
Posted
I think it would be worth checking out. Suer Street said people who have never seen anime and did not like racing where still drawn into it. Im stuill trying to find somewhereI can buy it.
Posted
Are you looking for the anime or the manga? I know the manga was just released, and I think the anime was, too. So you should be able to find it at a video store, that sells anime.
Posted
Where did you see it Mist? I was wondering, Im stil ltrying to find it. It had several episodes for a series, and I think it had a movie. It started as a manga and then moved to an animated series. Im trying to find both but the animated series is prefered.
Posted
I've seen it at Media Play, which is the same as Suncoast, I guess. You can always try places like amazon.com if you can't find it at a store. It depends what kind of places are in your area.
Posted
Theres a suncoast in a mall nearby. I alwasy go in there when I am at the mall, but I have not been there since I discovered ID. Im checking Amazon now...
Posted
whoa......I feel stupid now.....I guess I didn't see it at the store. I must have seen it online, and then seen the manga at the store. Tokyopop is making the video, and they don't even have a release date yet....O.o I'm SO sorry..... -.-;;;;
Posted
I found it at Suncoast, also. They carry a lot of the animated series, and are getting more. My friend works there and says it is rising in popularity, but as I said above, I didn't like it very much.
  • 6 months later...
Posted
i'm not sure if this thread was made before but how many of you have seen Initial D? Dang now this is one kick ***** anime =] one of my favs to be exact, what more could a guy ask for it's street racing at it's best, the cg races are kinda old and look outdated compared to the CG now a days, but this anime will always remain as one of the top in my heart lol. Even if you don't know anything about cars i really reccomend this anime, everything such as the car specs and drifts are real and can be done in real life, so not only will you enjoy a awesome anime but you may actually learn something worthwhile!

I really hate summarrizing things so this will be mad short:

Initial D is basically about a young high school boy named Takumi Fujiwara, and his struggles with becoming a street racer for his local team the Akina Speedstars, and he races more and more he begins to like racing, but also begins to go up against even tougher and tougher opponents, how long will Takumi's win streak last, and what about his mysterious girlfriend Myogi? -.o?

Aite hopefully that was short but somewhat to the point =P.
Posted
As far as I know, it hasn't been truely released state-side yet. You can get low quality subbed DVDs (a friend of mine did).

Initial D is pretty spiffy for a series, but the 3d car movement looks unnatural, and the animation is sub-par to newer series out there.

Unless you're a car freak, or just havn't seen enough racing animes, I wouldn't bother too much with Initial D.

It's also hella repetitive. After the first 5 or 6 eps, you'll realize that Takumi won't lose.
Posted
I heard that the manga wasn't that well translated (even though i've read it and I liked it very much) Has anyone heard if the anime is better translated than the manga? Is the anime version even worth seeing?
Posted
XeEmO, the anime version is well worth watching if you enjoyed the Manga. I've skimmed through part of the manga, and it resembeled the series for the most part.

Move - Around the World, Move - Break in2 the nite, and Move - Blazin' Beat are the two theme songs for first stage and one for second stage
Posted
[color=#507AAC]Ah, ColourDeaf...you could maybe explain to us [i]why[/i] you dislike the series. Telling us [i]just[/i] that you dislike it isn't really good enough.[/color]
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
...I don't know, I just bought the first Initial D graphic novel and wasn't that fond of it. I didn't like the character designs at all and when I was watching the preview for it on my GTO DVD I saw the CG cars with 2D people...I thought it was weird...maybe if those things were made better it might have appealed more to me...Well I guess whatever floats your boat...
  • 2 years later...
Posted
I did a brief search and didn't really find anything that addressed my question directly. The Initial D topic that I did find discussed the fourth stage, and this simply discusses an issue with the first one.

I recently bought vol. 1 for the first time, excited that the back on the description said 150 minutes time. Unfortunately, when I w atched it, I was disappointed to find no more than 75 minutes or so of anime. Am I watching it wrong or what?
Posted
season 1 <---- excellent =)
season 2 <---- Very Good =)
Season 3 <---- getting worse...
season 4 <----- okay lah.....


season 4 is on going..... releases 2 episodes per month...

goood racing anime =)
  • 1 month later...
Posted
'allo. Since there's already a thread here.... I didn't want to repost it, and my question was already asked in my previous reply. Does anyone have an answer?
Posted
Maybe they were pulling the wool over your eyes and saying you have double the Video because it has English and Japanese Dub? XP

How many episodes is the Disc Supposed to contain?
How many does it really contain?
Are you not counting Special Features in your timing?

-ArV
Guest leeswayze
Posted
Actually I'm not that into racing but I've seen the anime (japanese with english fansubbing) and I absolutly loved it. The cg is old but it is an older anime...duh. It has a new season out with better cg though. It has more to the story than just racing. Takumi also has to deal with school, his dad, and Myogi. The series's main love interest for Takumi. Plus it's not gauranteed that Takumi will win. In one episode he actually failed because he blew his engine during a race. Takumi is learning more and starting to enjoy driving, but even I who knows nothing about cars was easily able to follow the racing because they explain most of the facts about the strengths and weakness of each driver and car. It is a good learning experience if nothing else. I highly reccomend it to anyone who likes japanese anime drama.
Lee
Posted
Actually, although his opponent said [spoiler]"if you blow your engine you lose" that wasn't considered a loss for Takumi since his opponent gave up right after.[/spoiler]

At least that's what they said so in the Third Stage. o.o'''

-ArV

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...