Rate my Gold Team

Dragon Fou Lu

ok here's my lineup! :)

Charizard lvl 65

Flamethrower
Fire Spin
Ember
Slash
Item: Ultra Ball ( i need to change that... )

Meganium lvl 66

Solarbeam
Sunny Day
Razor Leaf
Body Slam
Item: Miracle seed

Forretress lvl 65

Double Edge
Spikes
Rapid Spin
Rollout
Item: Ultra Ball

Lugia lvl 76

Recover
Hydro pump
Fly
Psychic
Item: Fast ball

Ampharos lvl 73

Zap Cannon
Thunder Punch
Thunder
Headbutt
Item: Magnet

Lanturn lvl 29

Water gun
thunder wave
spark
surf
Item: EXP. share ( it makes sense cause i just started training this one! :) )

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Dragon Fou Lu [/i]
[B]ok here's my lineup! :)

Charizard lvl 65

Flamethrower
Fire Spin
Ember
Slash
Item: Ultra Ball ( i need to change that... )

Meganium lvl 66

Solarbeam
Sunny Day
Razor Leaf
Body Slam
Item: Miracle seed

Forretress lvl 65

Double Edge
Spikes
Rapid Spin
Rollout
Item: Ultra Ball

Lugia lvl 76

Recover
Hydro pump
Fly
Psychic
Item: Fast ball

Ampharos lvl 73

Zap Cannon
Thunder Punch
Thunder
Headbutt
Item: Magnet

Lanturn lvl 29

Water gun
thunder wave
spark
surf
Item: EXP. share ( it makes sense cause i just started training this one! :) ) [/B][/QUOTE]

Let's evaluate, shall we?

Charizard: Too many fire moves. Even though its a fire-type and can get more damage than normal off of it, you need to have versitility with your Pokémon. One pure water type and its so long. Keep Flamethrower and Slash. That's good. Try replacing Fire Spin with Earthquake and Ember with Fly. That should help it out wonders. Attach Soft Sand.

Meganium: Very nice! In fact, it's perfect! Wouldn't change a thing. ;)

Forretress: Switch out Rollout for Protect, and you're good to go. Attach Pink Bow.

Lugia: I would switch Hydro Pump out with something, but I currently don't remember what it is. I'll get back to you on that.

Ampharos: Same problem here as with Charizard. Too many of the same elemental moves. A Sandslash would have a field day with it. Zap Cannon you need to get rid of right off the back. It's only got a 50/50 chance of hitting, and in a battle you want/need to win, it'll be real frustrating to have it keep missing. Keep Thunder and replace ZC with Rain Dance. Take out TP and teach it another move that relies on SA, like maybe Ice Punch or something. Attach Nevermeltice.

Lanturn: Since you're training it, and it looks okay so far, I won't rate this one.

And there you have it. That's my rate. :ball:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Katana [/i]
[B]

Let's evaluate, shall we?

Charizard: Too many fire moves. Even though its a fire-type and can get more damage than normal off of it, you need to have versitility with your Pokémon. One pure water type and its so long. Keep Flamethrower and Slash. That's good. Try replacing Fire Spin with Earthquake and Ember with Fly. That should help it out wonders. Attach Soft Sand.

Meganium: Very nice! In fact, it's perfect! Wouldn't change a thing. ;)

Forretress: Switch out Rollout for Protect, and you're good to go. Attach Pink Bow.

Lugia: I would switch Hydro Pump out with something, but I currently don't remember what it is. I'll get back to you on that.

Ampharos: Same problem here as with Charizard. Too many of the same elemental moves. A Sandslash would have a field day with it. Zap Cannon you need to get rid of right off the back. It's only got a 50/50 chance of hitting, and in a battle you want/need to win, it'll be real frustrating to have it keep missing. Keep Thunder and replace ZC with Rain Dance. Take out TP and teach it another move that relies on SA, like maybe Ice Punch or something. Attach Nevermeltice.

Lanturn: Since you're training it, and it looks okay so far, I won't rate this one.

And there you have it. That's my rate. :ball: [/B][/QUOTE]

ok here's what i think i should do

Charizard: true it does have too many fire moves but i'm planning to get rid of Fire spin and ember but for what i just don't know yet

Meganium: I agree i don't think i should change anything there.

Forretress: I don't really see the point in the protect move apart from an enemy can't hit ur pokemon that turn , so if i was going to have to get rid of a move it would be Double-edge but not rollout. ( rollout i gave it for a reason so that'll stick i'm afraid )

Lugia: Personally i don't even know why it's in my team... apart from to fly me from town to town ( i barely ever use it in battle ;) )

Ampharos: I don't know why i gave it Zap Cannon... so i might get rid of it.

Lanturn: Time will tell :)

well thanx for The advice * has to go and find a whole bunch of TMs * :)

Here's my rating of your team:
Charizard: Take out Ember. It's too weak. Maybe you could teach it Thunderpunch to make it strong against Water Pokemon.

Meganium: Good attacks! The only problem is that it won't work against Steel Pokemon...

Forretress: Replace Rapid Spin with Defense Curl. That'll double its Rollout power.

Lugia: IT SHOULDN"T HAVE FORGOTTEN AEROBLAST!!! Aeroblast is a good attack! Also, Lugia needs an accurate water attack, such as Surf. Lugia is one of those Psychic-type Pokemon that doesn't need any psychic attacks.

Ampharos: Zap Cannon is a good attack. Ampharos could, however, learn a Fighting attack such as Dynamicpunch.

Lanturn's attacks should be: Rain Dance, Thunder, Spark, and Surf.

Yor Pokemon should not be holding balls. Try making them hold berries or move-enhancing items like Magnets, Charcoals, or Mystic Waters. After all, balls can't be used in battle!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Nefertimon [/i]
[B]
Lugia: IT SHOULDN"T HAVE FORGOTTEN AEROBLAST!!! [/B][/QUOTE]

In Gold Version Lugia never has aeroblast and it can't learn it either, only the silver version lugia has areoblast

and as for the Pokeballs attched to them... i'm trying to find some other items that power up moves. :)

You can let Lugia learn Aeroblast on gold:

just put your gold pack in the nintendo 64 Pokemon stadium 2 game and complete the game using a team made from your Pokemon then it gives you the option of letting you teach a move to a Pokemon that has forgotten it. every time you want to this you have to complete the elite four on staduim it does get rather tedious(sp.).

Anyway you can never have to many of one type of move on your Pokemon take my charizard for example:

Charizard LV:76

Item charcoal

Moves
Flamethrower
Slash
Fly
Dig

the moves it used to have were:

Flamethrower
FireBlast
Fire Spin
Wing attack

I changed it because i wanted to battle a friend with only the one Pokemon each and i won.

Even though I dont play my game as much as I use to. Here it goes.

Lv. 77 Blastoise:

Ice Beam
Surf
Hydro Pump
Skull Bash

Lv. 76 Lugia:

Aeroblast
Fly
Earthquake
Thunder

Lv. 72 Ampharos:

Tackle
Thunderpunch
Thunder
Dynamicpunch

Lv. 83 Mewtwo:

Fireblast
Psychic
Blizzard
Recover

Lv.75 Typhlosion

Flame Wheel
Flamethrower
Earthquake
Cut

Lv. 59 Tyranitar:

Bite
Thrash
Crunch
Rock Slide

Well, thats my team. Hope you rate them well.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sacred Warrior [/i]
[B]Even though I dont play my game as much as I use to. Here it goes.

Lv. 77 Blastoise:

Ice Beam
Surf
Hydro Pump
Skull Bash

Lv. 76 Lugia:

Aeroblast
Fly
Earthquake
Thunder

Lv. 72 Ampharos:

Tackle
Thunderpunch
Thunder
Dynamicpunch

Lv. 83 Mewtwo:

Fireblast
Psychic
Blizzard
Recover

Lv.75 Typhlosion

Flame Wheel
Flamethrower
Earthquake
Cut

Lv. 59 Tyranitar:

Bite
Thrash
Crunch
Rock Slide

Well, thats my team. Hope you rate them well. [/B][/QUOTE]

Hmmmm. Let's see....

Blastoise: Very nice! I like it, I like it....wait. Switch up Skull Bash for Strength. Skull Bash is a two-turn move so you can get the same amuont of power in less time. Attach Nevermeltice.

Lugia: Cool. I didn't know Lugia could learn those moves. Thunder and Eartquake, I mean. Huh. Find out something new every day. Attach Magnet.

Ampharos: Whoa. Replace Tackle with Rain Dance, keep Thunder, switch Dynamicpunch with Return (accuracy sucks), and you can keep Thunder Punch, but I would try to replace it with something to make it well-rounded. I couldn't give any suggestions for it because I'm not too familiar with Ampharos moves besides the ones I gave you, but since I've got Pokémon Stadium 2, I'll go look some stuff up and get back to you. :D

Mewtwo: *sigh* Why do people always do this? Don't let Mewtwo forget AMNESIA! It can come in handy when fighting other Psychics and other Pokémon who rely on SA. Replace Fire Blast with Amnesia. Switch Blizzard with Shadow Ball, and it should do pretty well. Attach Spell Tag.

Typhlosion: Good. Replace Flame Wheel and Cut with Thunder Punch and Return. Attach Soft Sand.

Tyranitar: Replace Bite with Earthquake and you should be good.

Very good team. Should kick butt in battle. That's my rate. :ball: