OtakuBoards

I just restarted my game....:)

Dibi2004

It's really up to you, but Cyndaquil is the Pokemon you want to start out with if you want to speed through the game. Totodile is great for intermidiate players, and Chikorita is for advanced players. If you've beat it upmteen times already, you could try Chikorita for somewhat of a challenge, but like I said it's up to you. Cyndaquil is a good choice.

Guest ProudClod
Yep, Lady K got it. Its up to you, but if you really want to know then I suggest Chikorita, shes fast, and can learn some cool moves, not to mention TMs, I used her. Cyndaquil is fast, strong, and has some cool moves, but having him as a first wont make Pokemon a challenge. Totodile is quite slow but powerful, and learns most of the HMs (well..more than the other two!).

You can make the weakest pokemon the strongest in the game, it just depends on how you train them. :)

[color=teal][size=1]I really don't feel like posting it up right now, but I don't wanna leave you hanging:

[list=1]
[*]Save in Prof. Elm's Lab, before choosing any Pokémon.
[*]Choose Cyndaquil.
[*]Get your Pokéballs, and make sure you don't save at all.
[*]Catch any Pokémon.
[*]Deposit Cyndaquil in the Pokécenter. You still shouldn't have saved.
[*]Start to save. When it says "Saving... Do not turn off the power..." turn off the power between "turn" and "off"
[*]Turn it back on, and you should be back in Prof. Elm's place.
[*]This time choose Totodile, and repeat the entire process. If you look, you'll see Cyndaquil in the PC, but don't take him out.
[*]Now you should be in Prof. Elm's place again. Choose Chikorita and withdraw the other two.
[/list=1]

I don't advise players with long games saved to do this, because, obviously, you'll lose your saved game.

Also, Cyndaquil and Totodile won't show up as being caught in your Pokédex. Just breed them later. And if this cheat doesn't work the first time, keep trying. It does work, you just gotta do it right. :)[/color][/size]

wow thanx, that is awesome!

GRRRRRRR i tried the cheat like 5 times, and it didnt work at all! i think i will just challenge myself and use the chikorita, thanx anyways

[size=1][COLOR=deeppink]Combined your posts. - Nerdsy[/COLOR][/size]

Choose whatever you want. To me, Chikorita isn't so advanced. The first time I played Pokemon Silver, I chose Chikorita. In a later game, I chose Totodile, then Cyndaquil. I'm backwards! :)

wtf?Paul,we're talking about starting pokemon.Not others pokemon

Topic: Now,choose totodile.Cyndaquil is good in the 1st half but 2nd half,the typhlosion will be dead,unless maybe the 2 secret moves willl help the guy.Chicorita will help in the 2nd half.But in the 1st half its not good.Totodile is a good choice.It has a 50/50 chance for each half.

[color=indigo]I'm assuming Paul meant the Onix that you can trade for, in Violet City I think. I traded for it, and used it until I caught a Geodude. It worked very good in the Violet City Gym, for taking out all the flying type Pokémon.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by G/S/B Master [/i]
[B]Cyndaquil is good in the 1st half but 2nd half,the typhlosion will be dead,unless maybe the 2 secret moves willl help the guy.[/B][/QUOTE]
[color=teal][size=1]Hm? What secret moves are you talking about? I gotta Typhlosion, and I'm interested...[/color][/size]

Guest Shift
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Char! [/i]
[B][color=teal][size=1]I really don't feel like posting it up right now, but I don't wanna leave you hanging:

[list=1]
[*]Save in Prof. Elm's Lab, before choosing any Pokémon.
[*]Choose Cyndaquil.
[*]Get your Pokéballs, and make sure you don't save at all.
[*]Catch any Pokémon.
[*]Deposit Cyndaquil in the Pokécenter. You still shouldn't have saved.
[*]Start to save. When it says "Saving... Do not turn off the power..." turn off the power between "turn" and "off"
[*]Turn it back on, and you should be back in Prof. Elm's place.
[*]This time choose Totodile, and repeat the entire process. If you look, you'll see Cyndaquil in the PC, but don't take him out.
[*]Now you should be in Prof. Elm's place again. Choose Chikorita and withdraw the other two.
[/list=1]

I don't advise players with long games saved to do this, because, obviously, you'll lose your saved game.

Also, Cyndaquil and Totodile won't show up as being caught in your Pokédex. Just breed them later. And if this cheat doesn't work the first time, keep trying. It does work, you just gotta do it right. :)[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=crimson][SIZE=1]This does not work, or maybe it does and I am not turning it off at the right time :p, oh well I don't care I have all three of them anyhow.[/SIZE] [/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Herman [/i]
[B]

[COLOR=crimson][SIZE=1]This does not work, or maybe it does and I am not turning it off at the right time :p, oh well I don't care I have all three of them anyhow.[/SIZE] [/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]How did you get all three of them, with out using the cheat? You traded, did you? Because apart from that, there is no other way from getting the three....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i]
[B]How did you get all three of them, with out using the cheat? You traded, did you? Because apart from that, there is no other way from getting the three.... [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=deeppink]He got them from me. He re-started his version 3 times, and traded each on to me. Than I traded them back. Heh, smart plan, no? :P[/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by G/S/B Master [/i]
[B]

Its Earthquake and Thunderpunch. Very effective with Typhlosion. [/B][/QUOTE]

This is very true. I taught my Inferno those moves, and no Pokémon has come close to beating it. The only bad part is that if you don't have a Gameshark, you can't get Eartquake until right before you take on the Elite Four.