OtakuBoards

Like Mike

Ryo

Like Mike looks sort of like a cool movie because it has nba stars on it. But, Im only 50% sure about seeing it when it comes out. I am just wondering what are your thoughts about this movie...

[color=indigo]Ugh, that movie looks [i]really[/i] stupid to me. I don't know how much they spent on making that movie, but I sure hope it wasn't too much or they wasted their money. It just looks like a little kid's movie. Not quite the stuff I'm into seeing..[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B][color=indigo]Ugh, that movie looks [i]really[/i] stupid to me. I don't know how much they spent on making that movie, but I sure hope it wasn't too much or they wasted their money. It just looks like a little kid's movie. Not quite the stuff I'm into seeing..[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
Even though I am a little kid, I will not be seeing. It just looks stupid. Shoes that make him play like Micheal Jordan, that is stupid. I'll be staying home for this one. :drunk:

[COLOR=deeppink]This is just like so many other movies... Angels in the Outfield, Rookie of the Year, and others I can't remember... Somehow, I think that in the last 5 minutes of the game, the shows power will wear off and he'll have to play the game with nothing but his heart. :sick: [/COLOR]

Isn't that how they all go?

Yeah, it does look rather stupid. Its about a little kid, who gets hit by a big bolt of lighting (no injuries) gets these mad basketball skills, and starts dunking on some of the NBA's finest. The dunks even look fake. (well yeah, but I mean like bad 3$ special effects team fake) Sorry I just dont see anything in this movie worth paying the money to see it.

Guest Imsirion
All those old movies suck, and I think this ones gonna suck a whole lot more. When I saw the preview for Like Mike at Star Wars EPP II, some people booed it and to my surprise, someone actually yelled " little Bow Wows GAY!"

Well, I've only seen a poster on it....it looks alright, but sounds stupid from the reviews I've read......I dunno, I might have to go with my little bro to go see it, noooo....

Still, it's not the stuff I'm into either...

Man, I can just imagine what Little Bow Wow says when he finds out that "magic shoes" movies don't make much money anymore..

"What? But I thought I was a good movie making upper guy!?"

It may not be that, but I don't give pint size-rapper wanna-be's much credit for what little intellegence they have. ;)

But still, he can always rely on the ever-dwindiling legion of screaming teeny-boppers to see his crappy movie.

This is one movie that won't have [i]my[/i] five bucks.

*edit*Hey, Nerdy's right..Angles in the Outfield, the Rookie...A whole legion of "kid joining team, loses power at the end movies"....bleh. :sick:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Majora's Mask [/i]
[B]This is one movie that won't have [i]my[/i] five bucks. [/B][/QUOTE]
[SIZE=1]I agree my five bucks is staying with me. Actually I'll probably go to see SW:Episode 2 again. But maybe that's just me.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1]-Daniel[/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B][color=indigo]Ugh, that movie looks [i]really[/i] stupid to me. I don't know how much they spent on making that movie, but I sure hope it wasn't too much or they wasted their money. It just looks like a little kid's movie. Not quite the stuff I'm into seeing..[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=red][b]O yes, I agree. This movie looks like it will bomb. I hate little bow wow.[/b][/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Nerdsy [/i]
[B][COLOR=deeppink]This is just like so many other movies... Angels in the Outfield, Rookie of the Year, and others I can't remember... Somehow, I think that in the last 5 minutes of the game, the shows power will wear off and he'll have to play the game with nothing but his heart. :sick: [/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=red][b]Isn't that what heppens in all those "kids become sports stars" movies? I have seen too many of those...[/b][/color]

Yeah...you guys DO have a point....I guess the movie does look dumb. And yea, I have seen to many of those kinds of movies too Son Goten. I only thought it looked cool because it has my favorite NBA sars in it. If they just replaced Lil' bow Wow though. And made it funnier it would of been cool.

[color=royalblue]
The dunks do look fake, although in some report they said he jumped on this blue trampoline thing or something that they can edit out, but still it looks crappy. Like everyone said, here's the plot right here:
[list]
[*]Kid and friends have a crappy basketball team
[*]Kid finds magic shoes, gets recruited
[*]Kid takes crappy team to finals
[*]Kid loses shoes in the end, and somehow jumps high enough *cough*cough* with his heart *puke*
[*]Kid gets carried off my friends and teammates
[/list]

Basically what I'm trying to say is ::Puke::
[/color]

That movies looks so incredibly DUMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: I wish little bow wow would fall off the face of the earth. And, speaking of lightening bolts, I hope he gets hit by one in the near future!:drunk: .............Sorry about that. A little crazy back there. What I meant to say is I hate little bow wow and the movie looks stupid.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by amibasuki [/i]
[B]it looks so frickin' cliche. not to mention I hate the kind of movies where some crappy rapper/singing group makes themselves the star of a crappy movie so they can get more publicity :rolleyes: [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=red][b]I hate those movies too. Like that dumb eminem movie, whatever the hell it was called. It was so dumb I can't even remember it. lol[/b][/color]

I hate lil bow wow becuse he doesn't wright his own lyrics that movie like mike looks so gay i dont want to see that sh*t!!!I cant wait to see that eminem movie 8 mile it looks like a movie alot of people can relate too it supposed to be about eminem's life it's not about no bull sh*t shoes!!!!!!!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Son Goten [/i]
[B]

[color=red][b]I hate those movies too. Like that dumb eminem movie, whatever the hell it was called. It was so dumb I can't even remember it. lol[/b][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
the trailer for the movie makes me a bit skeptical. it looks like it has a small chance of being decent, but it mostly just looks like Eminem's trying too hard to be deep or something. plus it would really have to depend on if he's a good actor or not. Jennifer Lopez tried her hand at acting, and she can act pretty well IMO. but you can just TELL that 'Lil Bow Wow's got slim to none acting skills (more around the none area). anywho, I don't think I'm gonna see it. I can easily spend 7 bucks on something more worthwhile.

I personally don't think that this movie is worth watching either. It's only ment to keep Mikel Jordan from being forgotten. Since they can't make money off of him directally anymore they try to bring in a "wanna be". It's just an attempt at trying to get him populare with kids again (most likely, little kids).

Guest Raven131
It looks pretty cool. I migt go see it if I have the time. I thought it was cute when the kid just beat that NBA player dude and he asks for his autograph ^_^ I think thats so funny.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Raven131 [/i]
[B]It looks pretty cool. I migt go see it if I have the time. I thought it was cute when the kid just beat that NBA player dude and he asks for his autograph ^_^ I think thats so funny. [/B][/QUOTE]

I think that's so dumb.

Okay, I think this is the order the movie will go in.

1.) Mike amazingly finds these shoes that make him jump high and stuff like that.

2.) He gets noticed by some NBA guy.

3.) Everybody thinks he'll do horrible or something.

4.)He does really good. He keeps on winning games.

5.) DUN DUN DUN!!! The final game for the championship comes up!!! (oh wow, how original)

6.) The day before the game, the shoes get lost or lose their power, you pick.

7.) He plays horrible during the game, and it's down to the last shot.

8.) His friend or a team mate goes on about playing with your heart and stuff. Come on, we've all heard it before.

9.) He makes the last shot with his *starts coughing violently* heart.

10.) Yay, everybody's happy. THE END!

But, hey I just realized something! THATS HOW ALL OF THE MOVIES GO!!!! *note the sarcasm*

oh, but you forgot the part where he gets into a fight with his best friends because he gets a big ego from his powers. then when he's all down in the dumps because his powers wear off, he apologizes to them for being a meanie and they're all buddy-buddy again, giving him more moral support to win the big game!

lol, Movies now a days are so pridictable... They berly ever make a completly original movie anymore... or atleast it's hard to find one were you can't guess atleast some of it...

[SIZE=1]EDIT:
P.S. sorry if I have any spelling mistakes, I'm in a bit of a rush right now-_-[/SIZE]

It doesn't look Terrible..... Yes, the dunks look so fake!! the special effects already seem to suck, and why pick lil bow wow??
and why 'MAGIC' SHOES???? that's so lame... the previews all show just about the same thing.... well anyways, I bet it won't make it even up to top ten.