OtakuBoards

Choco/Mog materia

G/S/B Master

Is it just me or somtime the ChocoMog materia summons a Fat Chocobo instead of ChocoMog?When I sometime I am battling tough monsters I got a Fat Chocobo instead of ChocoMog.I don't know what element the Fat Chocobo is.It might be wind.But anyway did this happen to you?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Final_Flash [/i]
[B]Both Deathblow and Fat Chocobo are Wind Elemental... [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Are those the only moves that Choco/Mog uses? I'm pretty sure they are.[/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ShadowGohan [/i]
[B]

[SIZE=1]Are those the only moves that Choco/Mog uses? I'm pretty sure they are.[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

Would you ever doubt me? ;)

I'm also pretty sure Choco/Mog is the only Summon materia that has two different attacks, right?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Final_Flash [/i]
[B]

Would you ever doubt me? ;)

I'm also pretty sure Choco/Mog is the only Summon materia that has two different attacks, right? [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Odin does as well doesn't he? On one he charges through the enemies on his horse, slashing them with his sword, I forget what it's called. And then he has another one when he comes out of a portal in the sky and just does damage to them, the other basically casts death.[/SIZE]

The Fat choco appears randomly when you use choco/mog, it probably does more damage or else why would they bother making another animation? Once you get higher summons it's pretty useless, but it CAN paralyze bosses like Lost Number or the Turks, so it's always nice, not as cool as Odin though =P

[font=gothic][color=crimson]If only Gunge Lance did a decent amount of damage. However, I've cast Odin and had Steel Bladed Sword come up. It just missed. So there's more than one factor there.

Fat Chocobo is meant to come up 1/16th of the time. In theory. In reality, it rarely ever comes up. Probably about half those odds.[/font][/color]

[color=indigo]Well, I've only ever seen the Fat Chocobo attack with Choco/Mog once, and that one time it paralyzed the boss I was fighting. Death Blow has never paralyzed anything, for me. Maybe there's more of a chance that it'll paralyze the enemy with Fat Chocobo, than Death Blow? Either that, or I just got lucky.

You know, I've never seen Odin's other attack... I've only seen Gunge Lance... Maybe it's because I barely ever use my summons against normal enemies. I dunno, I'll have to try using it on some normal enemies to see if it does the other attack.[/color]

what do you mean gunge lance doesn't do decent damage? I used it when I fight Materia Keeper and it did around 2,000, same as Climhazzard. As for the paralyzing power of choco/mog, not all bosses can be payalyzed u know, so far the only ones I know of are lost number and the turks, but it makes those fights MUCH easier. Btw if the enemy is paralyzed deathblow will always hit =P

[font=gothic][color=crimson]I've never found Odin good for any boss fights. The intervening fights between acquiring him and getting even Kjata, before anything else, aren't really difficult at all. The only thing I found Odin good for was taking care of those damn judge things in the Mansion. The materia keeper is pretty easy, I'd say. Just use Enemy Skill, and keep casting Trine back at him. It takes less MP, and over all it's more useful.[/font][/color]