OtakuBoards

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Ryan

Guest Matt
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by \¤~NoodleZ~¤/ [/i]
[B][size=1][font=century gothic]

I haven't heard that I will have to listen for that. Dobby looked like a stoned Pinocchio when I first saw him lol!!!![/size][/font] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=red][b]:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: That is the funniest thing I heard all day. I want the new book to be out. I want to finish it faster than I finished [i]The Goblet of Fire[/i]. I finished [i]The Goblet of Fire[/i] in 2 hours and 17 minutes, and I hope the next one is bigger so it will be more of a challenge.[/b][/color]

[color=red][size=1][QUOTE][i]Originally posted by \¤~NoodleZ~¤/ [/i]
[B][size=1][font=century gothic] Dobby looked like a stoned Pinocchio when I first saw him lol!!!![/size][/font] [/B][/QUOTE]

:rotflmao: A stoned Pinocchio? More like a green, wrinkled, [b]*and*[/b] stoned [i]potatoe.[/i][/color][/size]

Ok, avid Harry Potter fans . . . justa little info from an equally avid fan (and the info from her sister)

The only reason they haven't released the 5th book is first it was the publishing company, and then it was the movie. They're postponing the book until next year folks . . . more waiting on the rise. And no, SG, the next book WON'T be bigger. The 4th book was the thickest (because it was the climax of the whole series) so the rest of the books will be smaller . . . much smaller.

And was it just me, or was Daniel's (Harry Potter) voice all wiggly throughout the movie? You notice now how his voice is all deep, and frankly to die for in a guy, in the 2nd movie, but in the 1st movie, it was high in one part, then low in another . . . shows when they filmed what.

I didn't like the descriptions in the book . . . Harry's clothes fit too nicely to belong to Dudley, and Dudley was supposed to have blonde hair . . . the movie leaves something to be desired in the Harry Potter world.

And the Quidditch pitch? Not what I expected. I had though that it was going to be like a football stadium . . . or a soccer field, (even though Wood had a Scottish accent that left me a drooling pile of goo) you know, not the towers.

I'd go on, and rant about the second movie, but you don't want to listen to me any longer . . . really.

And if the fifth book is longer, ya'll can rub it in my face.

=0Sere0=

[B]
[size=1][font=century gothic]

ROFLMAO!!!!! Didn't you see my avatar before?? It looked like an elf sorta thing. That was Dobby man.[/size][/font] [/B][/QUOTE]
0_o' [i]THAT[/i] was [i]DOBBY[/i]?! good lord! I don't quite know what to say except....sheesh! :laugh:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sere Tuscumbia [/i]
[B]
And the Quidditch pitch? Not what I expected. I had though that it was going to be like a football stadium . . . or a soccer field, (even though Wood had a Scottish accent that left me a drooling pile of goo) you know, not the towers.
[/B][/QUOTE]
same here w/ the Quidditch match. it was prolly the part I liked best out of the movie, but I imagined it looking a lot different. I dunno, it looked too......bright :huh:? oy, I'm thinking too much.

and yes, Wood does have a wonderful accent :D

I'm sorry, but the Scottish and Irish accents (I'm Scottish-Irish descent myself so . . .) just make me melt . . . and the occasional British accent . . . I turn into a gooey, drooling mess that my dear friends the janitors (not) have to mop up occasionally.

And the Quidditch pitch was a bit too open for me . . . and I would never even think of getting up in one of those towers . . . I'm terrified of heights when they're a chance I'll fall and crack my pumpkin open . . . and they got the part where Hermione set Snape's robes on fire wrong . . . that peeved me off.

*sigh* My sister (or my friend) is most likely going to drag me to the movie when it comes out. I'm more interested in the book however. I wrote down a list of what questions in Harry Potter I wanted answered, and there were like 20 or something! (20 Questions? Ok, bad pun and I didn't even know about it)

Gawd. Publishing companies are so stupid.

+)Sere(+

Guest Matt
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sere Tuscumbia [/i]
[B]Ok, avid Harry Potter fans . . . justa little info from an equally avid fan (and the info from her sister)

The only reason they haven't released the 5th book is first it was the publishing company, and then it was the movie. They're postponing the book until next year folks . . . more waiting on the rise. And no, SG, the next book WON'T be bigger. The 4th book was the thickest (because it was the climax of the whole series) so the rest of the books will be smaller . . . much smaller.
[/B][/QUOTE]
[color=red][b]Those bastards! :mad::mad::mad::mad: It better be bigger. I am mad now. O well, I guess I will just stick to reading HP fanfics. :( I really hope you are wrong though. Really wrong.[/b][/color]

[color=red][size=1] [b]How dare they![/b] It's been two years since a Harry Potter book was released and now they're waiting another!? That's not right!

:mad::flaming:

I think I'll have a word with Scholastic publishing...

[fantasy]
*Two Days Later*

Reporter: Two days ago, an angry fan of Harry Potter sent Scholastic, a publishing compay focused on the franchise of books for kids, a dangerous piece of hatemail. The envolope contained anthrax and a small homemade bomb. There have been thirty deaths. More coverage on the story in our exclusive...
[/fantasy]

:naughty: Oh, the [i]possibilities[/i] of us deprived Harry Potter fans...[/color][/size]

[size=1][font=arial][b]
Mist you have the best ideas!!:) I have already read each of the four books atleast 6 times and I am reading and rereading the fourth one over and over again until the next one comes out! I am on my 9th time right now for the 4th one.
[/size][/font][/b]

[color=red][size=1] *Pats hair vainly* Oh, I know I do. But remember, that was only [b]one[/b] idea...Anyway, I've read the books six times each now. I'm seriously starting to become impatient...[/color][/size]

Guest Solid Snake
[color=teal]Well, let me start from the beginning.

I enjoyed the books. I read all of them in order, and when the fourth book came out, I got it that day at midnight, the earliest you could get it in the US. Then in the movie, I saw that at midnight in a disguise so no one knew it was me, then went to school that day so no one suspected. Then we got the movie on DVD wide screen the day it came out.

...Obsession...

Anyway, I really enjoyed the books. When I saw the movie, however, it was totally different. The actors wern't all that good, but what do you expect from eleven-year-olds? The environments were kind of akward as well, especailly Diagon Ally and the train station.

On subject, I did see the preview of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets when I saw Scooby Doo. It looked okay, but I do agree that Doby looked horrible, and something tells me they are going to be doing that a lot.

Over-all, I liked all of the books much better, but I will still see the movies just to give myself closure, if you will.

By the way, any notice on the next book?[/color]

:blah:

[size=1][font=century gothic]

If you had been reading the posts, SolidSnake, you could've seen that we were talking about the 5th book. Why don't you look around page 2 ok?[/size][/font]

Guest Solid Snake
[B][size=1][font=century gothic]

If you had been reading the posts, SolidSnake, you could've seen that we were talking about the 5th book. Why don't you look around page 2 ok?[/size][/font] [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=teal]I'm sorry, my old friend, I was merely refering to the topic at hand. And thank you, I figured out that the book is due next year because of publishing difficulties. Yet another long wait ::sigh:: and I sincerely doubt you read it in 2 hours and 17 minutes, Son Goten. But if you truely did, I recommend that you enter a reading competition. :) [/color]

Another year?! My memory and imagination on Harry Potter will be on a thread by then! I guess I should read the others again to keep my knowledge solid. But another year?! I wonder how smaller it is going to be. Better not be smaller than the Sorcerer's Stone.

Guest Matt
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Solid Snake [/i]
[B]
[color=teal]I'm sorry, my old friend, I was merely refering to the topic at hand. And thank you, I figured out that the book is due next year because of publishing difficulties. Yet another long wait ::sigh:: and I sincerely doubt you read it in 2 hours and 17 minutes, Son Goten. But if you truely did, I recommend that you enter a reading competition. :) [/color]

:blah: [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=red][b]YOU DARE DOUBT ME?! :flaming: jk. I read about as much as I am on the computer (ie, all the time). If a book is interesting to me, it never takes me more than a day to read. I could read all 4 HP books in one day, if I didn't have stuff to do.[/b][/color]

Whoa,.... another year........... @.@

Well, lessee, I haven't read the books in 2 years. I don't even remember anything from the 4th book. Some from the 2nd but none of the 4th. *sigh* All my books are in the garage right now too. Since I just moved, they're on the bottom underneath my heavier books.... u.u'

[color=crimson][size=1]HEY, you know what, you guys reminded me of something. OLIVER WOOD WAS SO HOT IN THE MOVIE! He was the only character that I was completely satisfied with. NOW, we just need to see how sexy they make Cedric Diggory when he makes his big debut in the fourth novel. That part of the book where he got murdered made me SOB! That's the only time I've ever cried in a Harry Potter novel. But yeah, he was such an awesome guy and he didn't deserve to go that way...

But yeah, Oliver Wood..I'm starting his official fanclub.. *Holds up a sign that says "Wood! I'm pregnant with your baby!"* Anywho...*coughs* O.o;;[/color][/size]

Guest Solid Snake
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B][color=crimson][size=1]NOW, we just need to see how sexy they make Cedric Diggory when he makes his big debut in the fourth novel.[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=teal]Big debut, yes, but his first part? Well, by the book, it will be his second.

According to the third novel, Diggory's team beats Griffinder for the first time in Harry's life. In the middle of the match, the dementors come, and Harry falls off his broom. Not long afterward, Diggory caught the snitch, without noticing Harry's fall. That's when Harry's Nimbus 2000 runs into the Womping Willow, and he gets a Firebolt.

I remembered this because in the fourth book, it clearly states that Harry hates Diggory not only for stealing the girl he likes to the dance, but because he had once lost to Diggory in Quiditch.

Have fun kissing your TV screen when you buy the third DVD. u.u'[/color]

[color=crimson][size=1]Kiss the TV screen? Who...me? *looks around nervously* No, I'm saving all that loving for Legolas... >.>;; ANYWHO, Yeah, I know Diggory makes a debut in the third novel, but he doesn't really play a major part. It's in the fourth novel where he's almost sort of like a main character and they'll play him more than just a Seeker.[/color][/size]

Guest Solid Snake
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B][color=crimson][size=1]Kiss the TV screen? Who...me? *looks around nervously* No, I'm saving all that loving for Legolas... >.>;; ANYWHO, Yeah, I know Diggory makes a debut in the third novel, but he doesn't really play a major part. It's in the fourth novel where he's almost sort of like a main character and they'll play him more than just a Seeker.[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=teal]Yes, but I was trying to say that you will be juding him a lot earlier than the fourth movie. You wanted to know if he was hot, expecting to see him in the fourth movie. Heh, just giving you a little reasurence.[/color]

[color=crimson][size=1]Mkay well thanks for the heads-up. I'll definately be looking forward to seeing Mr. Diggory on the big silver screen, just like when I saw Oliver Wood. Of course, I was VERY disappointed in the way Fred and George Weasley looked. I imagined them as very attractive red-haired guys, and then they were ugly...UGH... But STILL...

Cedric...Diggory...Oliver...Wood.... LEGOLAS! ;)

Okay, I know Legolas is from LOTR, but who cares, right? He's still VERY sexy...[/color][/size]

[color=crimson][size=1]Well, if you thought that the movie was good, then the book should have blown you away. The novels are totally awesome and alot of people were disappointed with the movie because it couldn't live up to the hype of the book.

READ THE BOOK! OR ELSE YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE MISSING OUT ON![/color][/size]