OtakuBoards

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Ryan

[size=1][font=century gothic]

Who besides me has seen the trailer for the upcoming Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets movie that is coming out November 15th?? Am I the only one that thinks that the students all look the exact same like the first movie. I mean they look the exact same age. And I am surprised that it is coming out this fast since the first movie came out last year in November 16th. About a year huh. What do you think about it?[/size][/font]

[color=darkblue]
I'm not looking forward to it (although my cousin's going to drag me along), because they don't have a very good casting director. I mean, they had [i]awful[/i] actors (although I couldn't do any better), and that ruined the movie for me. Maybe this one will be a little better though. I like the books some, but I really don't like the movie.
[/color]

watching the first movie ruined my image of the entire series. at least the way I imagined everything looking, nothing looked plastic and fake (and the characters looked how they were supposed to >.<'). they did okay on the movie (I guess), considering there's absolutely no way that they could have come close to surpassing the book, but I'm not seeing the 2nd movie if I can help it.

Well I never read the books. Probably due to the fact I only read comics and magazines! But when I saw the movie I thought it was pretty good. My mom (the 40 year old fan of Harry Potter) tried to drag me to it several times, of course I always declined. But recently she got it on dvd, and I finally watched it. It never ruined anything for me, because I never read the books! But, no I haven't seen the trailer, I doubt I'll go see it in theaters because no matter how bad or good it turns out, my mom is getting it on dvd. Bleh!

You mean sit through hell once again?! Ohhhhhh no no no no... got dragged to the first movie, slept through it, saw clips of it, destroyed the cd they were on... and burned one of the HP books... that was quite enjoyable...

But really... what is the whole point of the series? To make little kids and teens and adults wish they had magic? That's that it's been doing to some of the kids and adults around here... Personally I didn't see what the big excitement was about it...

[color=darkblue]
That's one of the funniest posts I've read in a long time. They made it because it was a book people would like! Just like The Hobbit, and Lord of The Rings. Same book genre (nearly). Maybe you're not into that kind of series, but that doesn't mean they're idiots for making a book.
[/color]

Guest Matt
[color=red][b]Books = good. Movie = Blew the goat. The movie ruined thw whole mental picture I had of everything. And the acting was downright horrible. I think I will be missing this one. Unless my little cousin wants to see it. I can't say no to him. He looks up to me after all, I can't dissapoint him. :)[/b][/color]

[color=crimson][size=1]I liked the movie even though it wasn't as good as the book. It did ruin my mental image of everything, but it wasn't that horrible. Chamber of Secrets is a good book, so I'm looking forward to the movie, too, although I HATE the way that Dobby looks. Ugh, that is NOT what Dobby looks like!!!!!! Okay, anyways...[/color][/size]

The only thing that looked like I had imagined it was Hagrids Cottage. That really isn't hard to imagine since it gives you all of the detail. That is sort of how I imagined Dobby but sort of not. Now out of the books The Chamber of Secrets is the one I don't like. The Prisoner of Azkaban is my all time favorite because Sirius Black rules! How long do you think the 4th movie is going to be??????[/size][/font]

[color=red][size=1] I didn't think the movie was that bad; oh god, it's someone different! (Apart from a few *cough* ASUKA!*cough* J/K!) I liked the books [b]alot[/b] better, but what can I say? The books are [b]always[/b] better than the movies. Although the thing with Harry Potter having blue eyes made me really mad. I was fascinated with someone who had black hair and green eyes and when they cast Daniel Radcliff, who has blue eyes, I was upset.

I've seen the trailers for the Chamber of Secrets and I'm not really excited. I'm going to see Ginny, whose my favorite character and if you have a problem with it, get over it! J/K

I suppose I've said quite enough, so I'll shut up now.

:blah:[/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by \¤~NoodleZ~¤/ [/i]
[B][size=1][font=century gothic]

The only thing that looked like I had imagined it was Hagrids Cottage. That really isn't hard to imagine since it gives you all of the detail. That is sort of how I imagined Dobby but sort of not. Now out of the books The Chamber of Secrets is the one I don't like. The Prisoner of Azkaban is my all time favorite because Sirius Black rules![color=red] (right on!!!)[/color] How long do you think the 4th movie is going to be??????[/size][/font] [/B][/QUOTE]
prolly not for another 2 or 3 years. or hopefully by that time they would've gotten tired of making Harry Potter movies and there'll never BE a 4th movie. if they had trouble trying to turn a 300 page book into a movie (time-wise), they're gonna seriously blow it on a 700 page book. I'm just wondering when the 5th book will be out, I'm getting impatient :mrt::p

Yeah Sirius #1, Amibasuki!!!! Well, I don't know about stop making the movies because I heard that they were going to make movies over all of the series. Now how long is Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire going to be?? 7 hours????? Wouldn't be surprised. If you did the math a three hundred page book (The first book) was 3 hours long so another 3 hundred pages would equal 600 so that is 6 hours and another 100 pages would be another hour so maybe around 7 hours if they don't cut out alot of stuff.[/size][/font]

OI....... I didn't like the first movie. The Quiddich match and some parts of the castle, and a bit of Diagon Alley and the Gringotts Bank are the only scenes that were close to what I had in ny head.
Actually, the scenery was alright.................. the CASTING was what pissed me off. Professor McGonagal(sp?? can't remember) was supposed to have [i]black[/i] hair, all wrapped up in a bun on the back of her head; it didn't say anything about ther looking like she came out of a grave. AND she had square-rimmed glasses. Come on, how SIMPLE is that to add on to an actress?!!
Professor Dumbledore (man, I can't remember how to spell [i]any[/i] of these names!) made me mad, too. He's supposed to have more vibrance in his composure- yeah he's old- but he's powerful and his beard is [i]SILVER[/i], not frizzy white!! Gahhhh! The way he acted was like he was about to die of old age. He's not FRAIL dagnabbit.
And Snape........... the voice, the vocal aspect of the actor was alright. That low drone, it fit. But the actor looked too........... I dunno. Snape wasn't THAT bad, but I imagined him looking more like Trent Reznor.
Now, let me just say that those three kids who played Harry, Ron, and Hermione, SUCKED. Sorry, but I think *I* could have portrayed more energy than they did. They acted like nothing was unusual to them. That's very unrealistic. Especially Harry's character, he should have acted much more stunned- not quite so, 'I'm going to make my jaw drop and that will constitute any and all surprise on my part'- but genuine naivety and more DEPTH of friggin EMOTION!!! *breathes* Sorry but I myself have acted in rigorous (yes.... I am not exaggerating) play performances where we had the director from hell who wouldn't take anything less than perfect. I KNOW what I'm talking about when I say I recognize poor acting. And those Brit kids really could have done more with their performance.

Whew......... well there's my ranting. So, if you haven't gathered already, NO I DOUBT I'll see the second one coming out.

Wow! I don't wanna be the person that has to be by Anna whenever she has a pair of scissors.(Remembers picture of Anna with Queen Asuka at Planet Hollywood with the fork...*Shudders*)[/size][/font]

Well....I quite liked the movie.... I [i]could[/i] rant about all the ways it messed up [I totally hear you on the McGonagall/Dumbledore thing, Anna!] but it would take WAAAAAY too much space....

I'm looking forward to the next one. [I want to see Ron's kid sister!]

Why are all of the girls into Ginny???? I think she is weird.Wait I take it back!!*Thinks of Cera with scissors coming at him...Shudders*[/size][/font]

The movie was fine, not the best, but good. Though, like some people, also thought there were some things messed up. Like the McGonagall look(though in my head she looks like an old version of Lucca from Chrono Trigger for some odd reason).

To me, the movie was good overall, but I loved the book a whole lot more. Now, when the heck is the next book coming out?

Why are all of the girls into Ginny???? *[/size][/font] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=red][size=1]*Shrugs* I'm not sure myself. I just am. [/color][/size]

According to what I can remember it was suppose to come out last June then didn't, then was suppose to come out the same day as the Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone movie and it didn't, then it was rescheduled to this june and it didn't, now they say it WILL be in sometime this fall i think.JK Rowling just has writers block i bet.[/size][/font]

well J K rowling already wrote the book they just arn't releasing it because of things going wrong on the page procceser ... but thats whut i heard and yes i will go to the next movie since i don't have a choice!!!! but i thought the movie was good tho it messed up a lot of stuff but i thought it was good and i thought dobby was going to look cuter.....:bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:
~GG~

The books were pretty good,..... the movie gets a 7/10. It wasn't that bad.... anyways, the only thing that looked like what I imagined it to be was sirus and hagrid. but, I did imagine him a lil bit 'bigger'

According to what I can remember it was suppose to come out last June then didn't, then was suppose to come out the same day as the Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone movie and it didn't, then it was rescheduled to this june and it didn't, now they say it WILL be in sometime this fall i think.JK Rowling just has writers block i bet.[/size][/font] [/B][/QUOTE]
well if she [i]does[/i] have writer's block, she can take all the time she wants....
...as long as when she's out of her funk the story'll be as good as if she'd never had one :D. but seriously, if she needs the extra time to get the story all sorted out, I can wait a couple more months.....maybe not years:drunk:, but months *hopeful look* :toothy:.

I haven't seen what Dobby looks like yet. I'm not sure if I want to either, from the way he was described as a 'stoned Pinocchio' >.<' lol :p.

I always pictured Dumbledore looking like Father Time in Rudolph's Shiny New Year...

they might make the 4th movie a little longer, since there's so much they would have to cover from the book. but they DO have a budget and whatnot. money can only take it so far anyways.... the 4th book has so many things going on in it (like with Cedric and Voldemort), I don't think they'd be able to portray most of it even [i]near[/i] as well as Rowling did.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by amibasuki [/i]
[B]

I haven't seen what Dobby looks like yet. I'm not sure if I want to either, from the way he was described as a 'stoned Pinocchio' >.<' lol :p.

[/B][/QUOTE]

ROFLMAO!!!!! Didn't you see my avatar before?? It looked like an elf sorta thing. That was Dobby man.[/size][/font]