OtakuBoards

Paul Oakenfold

James

[color=royalblue]I'm not a huge follower of "the most highly paid DJ on Earth", but lately I've been listening to a couple of his newest songs.

His latest piece is called [i]Southern Sun[/i]. And I love it.

When I first heard it (I saw the clip, when I first heard it)...I wasn't sure if I really liked it or not. But after downloading and listening a few times...I think I'm hooked.

It's the first single off his new album, titled "Bunker".

Those of you who like electronic music (particularly progressive trance)...I would strongly recommend it. Not everyone will like it, but for some, it may really hit the warm and fuzzy spot. ;)

The singer is Australian too...which I thought was interesting...I've never heard her in anything else before.

Anyway, I just wondered what everyone thinks of this song and of Paul Oakenfold in general. :)

(ie: Do you have any PO favourites that you'd recommend for download?)[/color]

[size=1][color=royalblue]Oakenfold is a sell out:rolleyes:.. even though his music is very good. I would have to say that Perfecto Presents Another World had to be the best cd he'd every made. The Swordfish soundtrack wasn't bad at all either. Ferry Corsten still holds the #1 dj spot.:huh:

Any ATB and Delerium songs are good! :nervous: I am more into Grooverider and Dieselboy. Project Human and the 6th Session are two kick *** cd's by Dieselboy!

- MG[/size][/color]

I'm a huge, huge fan of Oakenfold. Especially his umm...? Mystery land! I love that song. Mind music is some of my favorite kind of trance. But Paul Oakenfold is nothing compared to Robert Miles. He is a god. One of my personal faves is his version of Bach's Pachabel's Cannon.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Final_Flash [/i]
[B]Hey James, I gave 'Southern Sun' a listen... And what can I say, I love it! I haven't been a fan of Oakenfold in the past, but hey, things are looking up. ^^ [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue]Ahh that's cool.

I'm not a huge fan of Oakenfold either...but I really fell for this song. It's very cool indeed and will probably see me buying the new album.

Now, just for a change of pace, can anyone [i]avoid[/i] talking about stuff not even related to the original post and maybe give me some suggestions of other really good Oakenfold stuff? Heheh.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=royalblue]SS, I doubt you'd like it...since it's electronic music lol.

[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

You mean techno? Hell, I love techno. And just for that comment up there, I'm going to make you listen to DK2 when you get online...:smooch:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=royalblue]But you can find it on Kazaa or something like that pretty easily. :)[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

*stares at KaZaA which freezes every two minutes when downloading* Um... Any other place like AuidoGalaxy or something? O_o;;;

"Ready Steady Go!" Is pretty good...it gets put on top ten in a weekend radio show called "Subsonic" to replace the weekday heavy metal playlists. Overall, I think he successfully does electronica without it being too "technoish" adding a bit of alternative rock and jazzy influence in his songs.

Ya, he is different...maybe thats why he is so good.. the sucsessful integration of the three sweetest genres of music in one..well techno-rocky trance-like feel of off paced jazz hipnotism...well or somthing like that lol