OtakuBoards

Can't decide on what Gamecube game to get

Gavin

[Color=teal]OK in about two weeks time I will become the proud owner of a Nintendo Gamecube however there is one very serious problem, I can't decide on what game to get. So I have decided to let Otaku members help me choose

[b]Possible Games[/b]

Luigi's Mansion
Star Wars Rogue Squadron II[/color]

First of all, this link will be of immediate help, although this thread was made quite some time ago.

[URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=9955]Similar Thread[/URL]

Now, the two choices you mentioned are great. You really can't go wrong with Luigi's Mansion or Rogue Leader.

Although Luigi's Mansion wasn't the launch title that many had hoped it would be, and it's on the short side, the game is polished. Similarly to most Miyamoto games, the gameplay is fairly easy to grasp and addictive once mastered. The vaccum cleaner that Luigi lugs along, has many uses besides sucking up ghosts, such as obtaining coins.

Rogue Leader is also a nice game. Whether you're a Star Wars fan or not, you have to appreciate the challenges involved, such as earning medals when accomplishing certain goals during a mission. The attention to detail that went into this game is amazing. When switching to cockpit mode, you'll notice that the interior of the ship has been rendered in three dimensional polygons with amazing attention to detail.

My biggest gripe with Rogue Leader, was that enemy fighters were a bi hard to spot on certain missions (mainly space runs). Although one can pull down a visor to see them better, the lack of visibility annoyed me sometimes.

Newer titles such as Resident Evil and Eternal Darkness are amazing, but you're not old enough to play them, judging from your profile. I don't know your parents' rules for playing such games, so I won't bother to recommend them.

For multiplayer fun, you should definitely pick up Super Smash Brothers Melee. Although this is by no means a deep fighter (your goal is to merely attempt to knock your opponent out of the arena), the plethora of hidden goodies, trophies and mini games keep the replay value on this game incredibly high. Plus, it's just a blast to play with others.

Within the link that I provided, you'll also find many other opinions regarding some truly awesome games.

[color=indigo]Yeesh... this is the third thread you've posted on this subject... Why don't you go back and read them, instead of making a new one? (The thread that CWB linked to is the second one you posted).

Thread Closed[/color]