OtakuBoards

Why ca't Gohan can't go SSJ?

Guest SSJ obj of envy

Guest SSJ obj of envy
Ok this is a sort and hopefully simplequestio to answer. In DBZ Movie 13 "The Explosve Dragon Fist - If Gokou Can't do it, who can?" how come Gohn can't go SSJ while he is fightng Hildegarn?
Some chic told me it was cause he was put under a curse that would destroy theEarth if he went SSJ. She didn't tell me who, what, why, or when this happened so I'm sill confused. A good answer would be appreciated. Thanx:flaming:

Guest Altron Gundam
If Gohan doesn't go SSJ, most likely, its because the Mystic powerup is still affecting him.

Guest SSJ obj of envy
Ok I'm still new to this show...some please explain to me what this whole Mystic thing is with Gohan.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by JCBaggee [/i]
[B][color=red]Also, I believe I read somewhere that if he transformed while Mystic, it would kill him because his body couldn't handle the massive power surge, but I could be wrong.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

I don't believe that it so. I think when he has the Mystic power up, he loses his ability to go SSJ. Then again, I'm not certain.

Guest Solid Snake
[color=teal]I know that I heard somewhere that the reason he doesn't go Super Saiya-jin while Mystic is because it wouldn't do anything. It wouldn't make him any stronger because his hidden powers were already awakened. You can't get any stronger than that.[/color]

:blah:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SS3 Majin Goku [/i]
[B]yeah that's true too ^_^ but i wonder if mystic gohan could have beaten buu cuz i didn't see there fight yet so i'm wondering[/B][/QUOTE][color=indigo]He puts up a pretty good fight, but still gets stomped by Buu.

If Mystic Gohan could have beaten Buu, he would have, and it would have saved everyone a lot of trouble, lol.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PrettygurlRei [/i]
[B]if mystic Gohan is sooo powerful , then why did he get absorbed by Buu?[/B][/QUOTE][color=indigo]Now that's a really easy question. Buu was just stronger than him, even with the Mystic power.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B][color=indigo]Now that's a really easy question. Buu was just stronger than him, even with the Mystic power.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Well, Buu was weaker than Gohan when he absorbed him.

You see, the fusion between Goten and Trunks had worn off almost exactly when Gohan found the other earring.

Gokou laughed at Buu and specifically said that he and Gohan didn't need to merge any longer because Gohan could even defeat Buu on his own.

Buu, using his intelligence, had planned on such a possiblity. Using a peice of his head that had been sliced off earlier, his absorbs Gohan from behind.

Thus, it wasn't really a matter of strength. Buu was only stronger than Gohan while the fusion was active between the boys. :toothy:

Guest GriffXL
gohan was stronger than buu but then he absorbed piccolo and got smarter and absorbed gotenks and got stronger then gohan got his butt kicked.If he went ssj while being mystiq he should be stronger.Since going ssj is like boosting your power,and speed going ssj while being mystiq should make gohan alot more powerful.But then the elder kai said to use the mystiq power he has to go ssj and it will happen so it might be impossible.

I haven't seen the original Japanese version of these episodes yet (they've only released the DVD's up until Buu's first separation), but in the dub, Old Kai says something like, "Just trigger your Super Saiyan transformation, and it'll happen." I think his Mystic power overrides his SSJ.

Something else about Mystic Gohan I've wondered... the first time he tapped into his power, when he got mad at Old Kai, his eyes went blue. But (and correct me if I'm wront) when he did it again right before leaving otherworld, his eyes did NOT turn blue. Hmm?