OtakuBoards

Additions???

Andrew

I haven't played on the Pokémon games for a while now and I've decided to get back into them. I have also decided that I will train some new Pokémon and I need some help on which ones.

I was thinking of picking either Graveler or Onix/Steelix as the first Pokémon and Scyther/Scizor as the second. Since I've never trained a Graveler or Onix before I thought they'd be good to try out and I have trained a Scizor before and want to traiin another one. Anyone got any suggestions on moves/items or a different Pokémon altogether?

Much appreciated thanks

get Scyther, below level 18. Evolve it, and train it. When you train it up make it learn these moves: false swipe, metal claw, steel wing, and thief.

False Swipe - Always leaves opponent with 1HP

Metal Claw - 10% chance of raising your attack power by one level

Steel Wing - 10% chance of raising your attack power by one level

Thief - Steals wild Pokémon's item / normal attack if it's not holding an item

:) That's what i'm going to do with my scizor.

Sorry, I meant to put that as Golem. Thanks for the advice and I do the properties of most moves but thanks anyway Mike (^_^). I thought about this Moveset for Scizor:

Metal Claw
Slash
Swords dance
Agility/Double team

I thought that this would be an effective moveset...

Good but need more of a brute force.Fury cutter aren't really bad.Do Swords dance at least 3 time then fury cut your opponent to death.I think the damage of fury cutter doubles everytime it hits.Need a REALLY high attack powered Scizor.So crank it up with Proteins.Remove Agility/Double team with fury cutter.But if you want your Scizor to be a defense pokemon then stick with it.Attach pink bow.

[I]He thought that was a good move set because that is the very same moves I have on my Scizor, and the very same moves that took down exactly 3 pokemon in his team...

So yes, I would agree with your choice of moves perfectly Andrew.[/I]

Yeah, thanks Craig. What is it gonna take for you to battle me again? Somebody please convince him to battle again and I asure you I will beat you! As for the Vaporeon, I already have one and I prefer it's moveset of Surf, I/beam, Bite and Rest, This Pokémon has held it's own against a Mewtwo for quite a while on numerous occasions.

[color=teal]Hmm I'm thinking about restarting my game over the summer again but does anyone play it on a GBA because when I do the people look a little weird, what I mean is that the pixels go a bit off[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Red XIII [/i]
[B][color=teal]Hmm I'm thinking about restarting my game over the summer again but does anyone play it on a GBA because when I do the people look a little weird, what I mean is that the pixels go a bit off[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=royalblue]Press the L button on the top of your GBA and it'll go to the regular size.

Back on topic, I'd suggest getting all of the Legendary cats/birds. Articuno works wonders on Dragon-types.[/COLOR]

[color=indigo]Well, that's weird... I have a GBA, and I've played both Pokémon Yellow and Gold on it, and they look fine to me... If it's not the picture being stretched to fit the wide screen on the GBA, I have no idea what it could be. It should work fine on the GBA, the only Game Boy games that might not work too well are the [i]really[/i] old ones, like from around the time the Game Boy was first released. The Pokémon games are all new enough that they should work fine.[/color]

I don't actually have a GBA but when I played on Craig's (SS Trunks) The people seemedto be all one colour. So much for the advanced graphics....

Anyway, This is getting off topic, I believed I asked for advice and people seem to be discussing GBA's instead:D

Thank you (^_^)

• 3 weeks later...