Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[color=teal]Bad Bats in the first few games and MM, (Fire/Ice) Keese in OoT. No idea what it is in WW, just played a demo.[/color]
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
According to what I've read, they're called Keese still in WW. I think it would be rather odd for Nintendo to go back to "Bad Bats" randomly, and I'm sure a few people would have been annoyed.
Posted
[color=indigo]They're called Keese in every game but Majora's Mask, except possibly Zelda II, also, not sure on that one. (Yes, also in TWW, too. In the latest issue of Nintendo Power they have a walkthrough of the first two dungeons, and they call them Keese). The name "Bad Bat" wasn't used until Majora's Mask, though, so they wouldn't be called that in Zelda II if they're not called Keese.

Keese and Bad Bats are pretty much exactly the same, though. The Hyrule Encyclopedia on Zelda.com descibes them as, "Similar to Hyrulian Keese..." so they're pretty much just Termina's version of Keese. (Not to mention that they look and act exactly the same as the Keese in OOT).

So really, the answer could be either Keese or Bad Bats, since they're pretty much the same. I think Eterah's Maverick got the question, since he actually mentioned both, even if he got which are from which games mixed up. (After all, that wasn't part of the question).[/color]
Posted
[color=green]Yup, they are called either Keese or Bad Bats, either answer would have worked really. Etarah's Maverik was right first as Desbreko said, so he gets to ask now.^^ Ask away...[/color]
Posted
[color=teal]Which enemy in the Zelda series started as a minor, but powerful enemy, then became a miniboss? Also, which enemy started as a boss, but then was degraded to an ordinary enemy? Both became such in the 3d titles, the first one in MM, the second in OoT.[/color]
Posted
[color=indigo][b]Answer:[/b] First are Wizrobes, which started out as normal enemies and then became mini-bosses in Majora's Mask. Next are Dodongos, which were bosses (and mini-bosses) in the original Zelda and were then made into normal enemies in OOT (and also in MM).

You know, I have a feeling there's also another one for the second part of the question, but I can't think of it at the moment...

[b]Question:[/b] In which Zelda games does the combined form of Twinrova appear?[/color]
Posted
[color=green]Answer:Ocarina of Time of course!^^ Koume and...her sister..the other one that starts with a K..--()combine...Give me a lil while for a question.[/color]
Posted
Koume and Kotake. ^^

Technically, Twinrova also appears at the end of a linked Ages/Oracles game, after you beat the final boss (Onyx or Ver--what's her name).

~EDIT~
Desbreko told me to post a question, since I covered the rest of the answer. So...

In what position do the three Pearls appear in the Start menu on Wind Waker?
Posted
[color=indigo][b]Answer:[/b] Nayru's Pearl is on top, Din's Pearl is on the left, and Farore's Pearl is on the right. :D

[b]Question:[/b] In Link's Awakening, how can you turn a Gibdo into a Stalfos Knight?[/color]
Posted
[color=green]Hmm....*rubs head to think*...remember that game...stupid brother lost it...hmmm..is it..sprinkle a little magic powder on them and poof?Oo() Gahh...I can't remember..*waits for answer to be checked and such*[/color]
Posted
[color=indigo]Mei got it right, you sprinkle some Magic Powder on them. It kind of makes sense if you think about it, since the Magic Powder is used for lighting torches and stuff in LA. It'd burn the bandages off the Gibdos, so that only their skeleton would be left, and Stalfos Knights are just skeletons.[/color]
Posted
[color=green] Yay! I was right.^^ I just used common sense...so yeah..Ok question!

What is the name of the lady on Koholint Island(LA) that gives you potions. *hint* She's "Crazy"

This is my 100th post!^^[/color]
Posted
[color=teal]Crazy Tracy, everyone knows that.

[b]Question:[/b]Who are the parents of the child you can name in Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons?[/color]
Posted
[color=indigo][b]Answer:[/b] Winter, Summer, Spring, Fall.

[b]Question:[/b] Which Zelda game(s) feature four different sword strengths? (Without the use of magic or another item besides the sword itself).[/color]
Posted
I'm [i]pretty[/i] sure that "A Link to the Past" is the only one.

If I am right, then what were the names of Link's parents in the Nintendo magazine comic?
Heh, tell ya what--I'll make that the bonus question. Here's an easy one--what was the name of the fairy that stayed at the Hyrule Castle in the (god-awful 80s) cartoon, and what was her station in the "Fairy World" (for lack of a better name)?
Posted
[color=green] I think it's A Link to the Past, The Wind Waker, and Link's Awankening. I'm not sure if the first one has one or not. Those are the only three I know of.[/color]
Posted
[color=indigo]Nope, both The Wind Waker and Link's Awakening only have two sword strengths. (Hero's Sword and Master Sword, and Lv.1 Sword and Lv.2 Sword).

And the different strengths can be different swords. It just can't be something that modifies the strength of a sword, like a Piece of Power in Link's Awakening or Elixer Soup in The Wind Waker.[/color]
Posted
Well, in Zelda 2 you can raise your attack power. I don't know that that reflects the sword, but whatever.

Ocarina of Time has four swords (Majora has only three).

Oracle of Seasons also has four (Ages only has two).

And last, Link to the Past... like mentioned.

I guess you could say Four Swords too, if you want to be stupid about it heh... not that that's for one guy.
Posted
[color=009966]Yeah, OoS has four, along with OoA if you play the linked game.

*Sword lv. 1 (um...I can't remember if it had a different name or not....:bluesweat)
*Master Sword lv. 2
*Master Sword lv. 3 (using a secret in the linked game)
*Biggoron Sword (also using a secret in the linked game)[/color]
Posted
[color=indigo]True, OOT has four different swords, but the Giant's Knife and Biggoron's Sword are the same strength. And for Zelda II, there are way more than four different levels, so no, that doesn't really count. And for Four Swords, all four of them are the same strength.

Anyway, there's A Link to the Past, Oracle of Seasons, and Oracle of Ages. (Ages has the same ones as Seasons; Wooden Sword, Noble Sword, Master Sword, and Biggoron's Sword). So, um, hmm...I guess you can ask, Deedlit.[/color]
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...