Schrat Posted July 19, 2002 Posted July 19, 2002 I thought I would create this thread, for anyone and everyong that loves Comics. Whata you read? I read Marvel, mostly New, Uncanny, & X-treme X-men. I also read Ultimate, Amazing, & Peter- parker Spiderman. ANd I read The Ultimates
Guest Saiyangohan2002 Posted July 19, 2002 Posted July 19, 2002 [color=green] I can't say that I am a huge comics fan, but some of them are good, moistly i read MAD comics, because the take the pi$$ outta everything! [/color]
Schrat Posted July 19, 2002 Author Posted July 19, 2002 Like Mad magazine??? I wouldnt really consider that comics?
Mist Posted July 19, 2002 Posted July 19, 2002 [color=red][size=1][QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Schratn9 [/i] [B] I wouldnt really consider that comics? [/B][/QUOTE] I believe you meant to put a period there. I was never into comics, but my dad is in love with them. Especially the ones from the sixties...*shivers* Drawings in spandex were saving the world even [b][i]then[/b][/i]...[/color][/size]
Guest Morph Posted July 19, 2002 Posted July 19, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mist [/i] [B][color=red][size=1] I believe you meant to put a period there. I was never into comics, but my dad is in love with them. Especially the ones from the sixties...*shivers* Drawings in spandex were saving the world even [b][i]then[/b][/i]...[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE] [size=1][color=indigo] So if he made an error. Big whoop, you understood him didn't you? Just as I thought. I like comics, mostly all comics. But I like Viz Graphic Novels the best, they are like comics, just bigger... My favorite comic series would have to be the X-men Babies! I have issue 47 of it, mint condition, I want to sell it, because its almost 10 years old. I could get some money off it... hehehe [/size][/color]
Schrat Posted July 19, 2002 Author Posted July 19, 2002 Hybrid, thanks for defending me. Yea that was an error Mist. The viz novels are cool, i havent read any of them, but people have told me there good. Mist, what does ur dad read?
Guest Esca Angel Posted July 19, 2002 Posted July 19, 2002 :rolleyes: Well...... Other Than Manga, I usually Read The Spawn Comics, maybe some Marvel & some Batman too :raspberry
Schrat Posted July 19, 2002 Author Posted July 19, 2002 Spawn never really read that, a few issues and the movie, I never really go it. What marvel stuf do u read?
Krademon Posted July 20, 2002 Posted July 20, 2002 Ahhh spawn. Daemons, Massive guns and cybernetic gorillaz. I've read a few but my friend had alot...than cut them up and made a massive spawn cuppoard door for his room. I LOVE garfield comics. I have heaps of the theme series (IE. I hate mondays *don't we all*e.t.c), Mini books, collectable books and a 1992 christmas edition. Heaps of plush ones. (sitting in a musty old box) and probably even more stuff. I read mad's at school but yes.. there not reallyreal comics. Oh..Oh! And I have a garfield grabby thing of my touchlamp!:blush:
Mist Posted July 20, 2002 Posted July 20, 2002 [color=red][size=1][QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Schratn9 [/i] [B]Mist, what does ur dad read? [/B][/QUOTE] I'm not quite sure...Somethin with Bat Man or something....[/size][/color]
MarkM Posted July 20, 2002 Posted July 20, 2002 I dont really read comics. But every once in a blue moon i might pick up a DBZ one, from a random store near by.
Omar Harris Posted July 20, 2002 Posted July 20, 2002 I'm a huge comic geek. I am probably the X-Men's #1 fan if not somewhere up there. I love Spawn but I can't them anywhere. I hated the movies for both comics, they did teh comics little justice. Speaking of Justice, How about Justice League, especially now that there is a cartoon.
MarkM Posted July 20, 2002 Posted July 20, 2002 My friend is obsessed with X-man comics! he has like all of them...LOL...I read a coupple of them thry were...FUN!
Manic Webb Posted July 20, 2002 Posted July 20, 2002 Well, I don't know if this counts, but the topic should [i]just[/i] be vague enough to mention comic strips I like to read. I like to read a lot of newspaper comics like Garfield, Baby Blues, Boondocks, Crabby Road, and Dilbert. But just so I don't get yelled at, I'll mention some of my old favorite comic books. X-Men, Superman, Fantastic Four, and X-Factor. I feel a little guilty about not reading them in years...
Outlaw Posted July 20, 2002 Posted July 20, 2002 I used to be big on comics. I had a massive collection, including an origional issue of Sups death, the big 200 page+ DC vs Marvel crossover collection, and almost all the comics involving the Onslaught era (my personal fav), but than my mom committed the most unholy of horrors, SHE GAVE THEM AWAY! WITHOUT EVEN TELLING ME! CAN YOU BELEVE THAT!? Anyways, I have been reading the Ultimate X-Men and Spidy comics on Marvels website. Dotcomics are awesome! Also I recently bought the Kingdom Come collection. Quality.
Schrat Posted July 20, 2002 Author Posted July 20, 2002 Outlaw I would.......ah lets not resort to violence. Well I love x-men too. I cant wait for X2!!! Whats up with that new Weapon X series?
Twinzam v Posted July 20, 2002 Posted July 20, 2002 I read all the marval comics and some video game one as well:)
James Posted July 20, 2002 Posted July 20, 2002 [color=royalblue]Hm...well, I used to religiously read those Sonic the Hedgehog comics years ago...you know the ones (with the princess and that idiot french guy...). I also had a special edition copy (Sonic vs Metal Sonic)...with a shiny silver cover...and guess what? My little sister poured white out all over it... I only bought a few more comics after that. :([/color]
Omar Harris Posted July 20, 2002 Posted July 20, 2002 I loved Kingdom Come. I used to find a whole lot of Graphic Novels at Walden's Bookstore until it moved out of hte mall. Now I go to Barnes and Nobles. I have Kingdom Come The Kingdom (a pathetic sequel to Kingdom Come) Earth X The first half of Universe X (including 3 specials to tie in with it) All 6 volumes of the re-released black and white version of Akira. Crisis on Infinite Earths The Infinity Gems The Mageddon storyline in JLA The first JLA storyline Watchmen (consider the best comic storyline ever although I really don't see it) And an info book about the X-men that came out at the time of the movie. I used to love Sonic the Hedgehog but Knuckles was better. And I am trying to find some of the Classic X-men stories like the Phoenix and Dark Phoenix saga.
zidane11 Posted July 21, 2002 Posted July 21, 2002 I like a few comics. Lately I have been reading a few sonic comics. I am a poet, I didn't know it.
Guest roaddog4112 Posted July 22, 2002 Posted July 22, 2002 hey!guy & gall's what do ya'll read new x-men?if you do wright i got stuff you might like.
Guest Rikimaru Posted July 22, 2002 Posted July 22, 2002 Well other than a few Manga collections and Sonic comics I don't have many. I used to love reading Spawn and a few others I can't remember. The last comic I bought (not including manga) was Deadpool #20 I beleve. Deadpool is a hilarious book, I recomend it to anyone with a funny bone.
Boba Fett Posted July 22, 2002 Posted July 22, 2002 I collect Star Wars comics! I have close to a hundred, and my favorite is "Boba Fett: Agent of Doom".
eleanor Posted July 25, 2002 Posted July 25, 2002 I've been reading this magazine called Squee and JtHM ever since me and my friends saw this robot from a cartoon show...yes...my recent obsession is a cartoon show...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now