OtakuBoards

Meet Firemac

Guest firemac

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]I hope you all realize one thing: To tell the truth about something and to be an @sshole about something are two different things....

Lets me all tell you something about art that some of you obviously don't know...

In art, there is no such thing as good or bad... Art CANNOT be bad or good in any way.... so to say it's the biggest peice os shi? you've ever seen just make you look stupid.... Art varies so much that it's impossib;e to have a good drawing or a bad drawing...

During Post Modern art, there was a painting done called "Orange and Red"... it was on a 16 foot canvas I do believe... anyway, the painting was one half orange and the other half red... that was it.... and you know what?.... it's a PRICELESS work of art.... i mean, anyone could do it... but it's still considered a masterpiece.... you know why? Because art no matter what medium you do it in is original.... Every piece of art is original.... thats what makes art great, not how bad it looks to the viewer but the mind set it was done with.... perhaps you all should take a few classes in art and maybe some in how not to be rude....

The biggest thing I hate is when people make fun of other people's art and then have nothing to proove them any better.... I don't see anyone of you who said it was terrible to have anything to show on your behalf... Sure, the pic may not be the greatest in the world, but what is?... What may be the greatest piece of art work to me may be trash to you... so how can something be bad or good in art? it can't.... I don't see any of you on front page of art magazine where the heading says "Kid's greatest Masterpice!" or something.... and till I do, I don't think you have any right to say what you did about it in the manner you did....

And he formal thing to do is to critique a work.... tell him how it could be better... use artistic terms like Balance, line, color, space, unity, etc. The elements and principles of art.... You don't tell someone their art sucks and just leave it at that.... it's rude and it falls into that "being an @sshole" category just perfect.... [/B][/QUOTE]

Very well said, you like art? I paint alot, I would like to go to an art college possibly.
I can't draw action characters, i've tried but it doesn't work, i'll try some more today probably just for practice. For all the people who said his picture was horrible, at least he has the guts to show his work even if it isn't a tod mcfarlen or whatever, unlike alot of you. Good work firemac, your pics are coming along very well.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cecil [/i]
[B]Its not great but you can make them that way. but i am a pretty good artist and this pic was the first one ive draw in like a year hope it works... [/B][/QUOTE][color=rainbow] Uhhh...nope, it didn't work.....[/color]

Guest firemac
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Matt.D [/i]
[B][color=rainbow] Sorry but I can't....:( [/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
it was hard for me to clafify that part, well it's supposed to be another of the nataku arms going across there, and I messed up on the wing there, so I had to erase part of it, and I couldn't erase all of it, and then that happened, darn it, next drawing better be good I hope

Guest firemac
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SSJGoten [/i]
[B]Dun really like it right now. But if u were to get into more detail and stuff liek that it would turn out pretty good. [/B][/QUOTE]
I'm surprised you didn't go out and insult me like you always do, ok, well thanks man, give about a good year or two, and my pictures should start to look real good.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Little Gohan [/i]
[B]

Very well said, you like art? I paint alot, I would like to go to an art college possibly.
[/B][/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, I enjoy all art to it's extreme.... I took 4 years of art in HS, AP Art History, Humanities, and now Humanities in college. I plan to take more art classes next semester and my years in college.

I also paint and draw.... I'm not to keen on Sculpture or architecture.... but i know about them. I love Gothic architecture and renaissance sculpture. Well pretty much all sculpture, but I can't sculpt...

Guest firemac
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Ice Dragon v2 [/i]
[B]maybe u should try in getting blueprints and layout designs of the gundams
i have a bunch of them, but not having a scanner, i cant load them up. [/B][/QUOTE]
Well, if you haven't noticied, not I'm trying to make a gundam, I'm amking a totally different character that I made up, so I'm trying to make it not look like a gundam as much as possible, I will try to make a more oringinal picture tommorrow.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]

Oh yeah, I enjoy all art to it's extreme.... I took 4 years of art in HS, AP Art History, Humanities, and now Humanities in college. I plan to take more art classes next semester and my years in college.

I also paint and draw.... I'm not to keen on Sculpture or architecture.... but i know about them. I love Gothic architecture and renaissance sculpture. Well pretty much all sculpture, but I can't sculpt... [/B][/QUOTE]

That's neat, I've never tried to sculp, I would like to try though, just to expand my horizons or upgrade my chi :) My paintings are pretty abstract, I mainly paint acrylics, I would love to paint with oils and pastels etc. I've done a watercolor here and there. I've been working on art history, mainly Marc Chugall, I stopped for awhile but would like to start reading about him again.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Little Gohan [/i]
[B]

That's neat, I've never tried to sculp, I would like to try though, just to expand my horizons or upgrade my chi :) My paintings are pretty abstract, I mainly paint acrylics, I would love to paint with oils and pastels etc. I've done a watercolor here and there. I've been working on art history, mainly Marc Chugall, I stopped for awhile but would like to start reading about him again. [/B][/QUOTE]

I don't like acrylics that much.... they dry to fast for me... I do oils... those are my best and favorite medium of art... tempra isn't that bad either... although, like acrylic and watter color, they dry fast but not to fast....

Guest firemac
Here is another pic, it's not from my series, but a pic I made when I was like 10, it was for a video game that I was trying to create, but I have discontinued, but take a look anyways