Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[font=gothic][color=crimson]Well, after spending ten minutes trying to clear the background, and giving up entirely, this was the result. Oh well. Opinions? Criticisms? (And don't tell me to smooth the edges of the oval. I already had. Damn jpeg.)[/font][/color]
Posted
[color=darkblue]
It's good, but not your best. In my opinion, you should have gotten rid of the bottom layer, and kept the area around the ripple....I'm not going to disect this one, I already have in my mind...still only your second one that I've been able to decipher...man I need to learn more :p But yeah, keep the area around the ripple, and lose whatever is in the BG.
[/color]
Posted
It's ok, I was going to say forget the ripples and leave the background but that will get rid of any coneectoin between the banner and your little ripple statement, i'm going to stop typing now

Reverence-out>>
Posted
To clear the background, when you are creating your image (setting the width and height), change the background from "white" to "transparent".
Posted
[font=gothic][color=crimson]Amazing I didn't realise that. Tell me then, O wise one, how the hell do I keep it transparent when I convert it to jpeg? In case you haven't noticed, you can't post psds here.[/font][/color]
Posted
Jpg dont have transparency.. its ...not that well rounded of a file architecture... however gif is...

ok to the critique...the ripples are too compact and it definetly doesnt look like a tear drop. The words are quite easy to read and for that i am happy hehe... it is all around pretty good especially since your new to gfx. 6/10
Posted
[font=gothic][color=crimson]I wasn't actually trying to make it look like a teardrop, and you might be surprised here, but for once I didn't even touch the ripple effect.[/font][/color]
Posted
[color=darkgreen][font=gothic]Let me guess, you used Twirl!!! Go the twirl. I used to use itallthe time. Before my banner days. But that is very well done, very complex and stylish. Dear god I love you.

Oh, and I really don't like this banner. I'd just thought I would add that, here, infront of all these thousands of people, where you really couldn't care less and I think I'll shut up now.

Did I mention how much I love you recently?
[/font][/color]
Posted
[font=gothic][color=crimson]Actually, I didn't use Twirl either. Zig-Zag, the around center option, I think. The background was a radial blur, set to zoom, then sharpened, or something. I love you too.[/font][/color]
Posted
[color=darkgreen][font=gothic]Meh, zigzag is the same as ripple. I mean, it's not, but it's a ripple tool. You said so yourself! Circular ripples. Ripples emanating from... something. Not random ones, oh no... anyway, when you said you didn't use ripple, I expected that to mean you didn't use ripple, ocean ripple, and zigzag and whatever else. Sorry. No, wait a minute...[/font][/color]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...