Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[color=deeppink]This is a picture of myself that I converted to grayscale and hand colored. There's actually a lot of work on this thing, even though it doesn't look like it :P Comments would be good...especially if anyone wants to say what they think the saying in the upper right corner means, I'd be interested to hear about that ;)[/color]
Guest SunRiZe
Posted
thats a good pic Babygirl. Hand colored? wow thats cool :)
Posted
Hot damn. HELLA good... To be honest the first thing I noticed was your shirt.

No, not like that. The fact of the matter is, it doesn't look hand-drawn. It looks real. Like you just took a snapshot and posted it. I'm very impressed. :)
Posted
"When work reflects our emotions"

It's actually quite simple...I myself like drawing as well as spriting, and spriting doesnt really get my messages through too well, so I draw a picture. If I'm pissed off I'll draw a picture of violence or maybe a massacre, and if I'm happy, well, a little chibi person or something...

About the picture, I think you were happy when drawing that, as you certainly look happy in it, but somewhere you're feeling a little bit down and dull at the same time which is why you converted it to grey. Anyway, like SS said, I thought that was a photo too! O_O;; You're good. Extremely good.

Whats that in the corner? Smiles can be deceving? Ok, now I'm getting the feeling you were either sad when you did that or feeling extremely sneeky...o_O;;
Posted
I like the overall effect. I hope it was what you were looking for, because I like the way it turned out. I've always found black and white and hand coloring fascinating...I just love the way it looks. The muted feel.

You've got a great smile, and strangely enough, it doesn't look very muted....it looks like an early summer morning.

The phrase in the corner is sort of an eerie contrast to the sweetness of the photo. ...Like you're hiding something or wearing a mask.

That sort of thing always fascinates me as well...a picture with a contrasting caption, or one that makes you doubt what you see.

Overall...I love it.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cera [/i]
[B]The phrase in the corner is sort of an eerie contrast to the sweetness of the photo. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Right on ;)

Perhaps I should clarify that it is indeed a photograph. I used the computer to both convert it to grayscale and color it (which actually took forever)...that may lower your opinions a bit :whoops:[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B]

[color=deeppink]Right on ;)

Perhaps I should clarify that it is indeed a photograph. I used the computer to both convert it to grayscale and color it (which actually took forever)...that may lower your opinions a bit :whoops:[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]


I myself understood that, but it seemed as if the completed form of the picture was actually a straight-up snapshot. That is truly amazing. Give yourself a pat on the back for a job VERY nicely done.
Posted
Boy, if that were a drawing..... I already worship your photography skills, don't make me jealous about your drawing ability. ;)
Posted
[color=darkblue]
Wow, BG :wow: That's amazing that you actually colored that on your own. I agree with Neil, it looks like a snapshot that you blurred. :eek: Very nice ;)
[/color]
Posted
I think the text is very well done... that's what stood out to me most of all. It works so well. And the border, though it only shows up against you, is also very neat. A shame there wasn't a background to the picture so you could see it all the way around.
Posted
that is the like the best i ever saw drawing and shading wise. i' ve been drawing since like i was 7 and up until now, 13. so how long have you been drawing? i would love to know.

anyway, i can' t post my pictures until i go to my uncles which i hope to do.

oh, and did i say your work is awesome!>? lol
Posted
Very nice...good font and good effects. Like everyone said, give yourself a pat on the back. Not to mention your being pretty hot helps make it look good ;)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...