Domon Posted August 5, 2002 Posted August 5, 2002 What does everyone think about the upcoming FFXI game? I don't like it, only because you have to play it online. I don't like that you have to buy all this equipment to play the game and when you do play it online you have to pay for it. I hope Squaresoft doesn't make all of their upcoming Final Fantasy games like this :rolleyes:
James Posted August 5, 2002 Posted August 5, 2002 [color=royalblue]I can understand the annoyance at the initial outlay (buying the HDD etc), but I think it's unfair to judge a game before you play. In any case, this really belongs in the Final Fantasy forum. You're advised to double check our rules, just to ensure that you fully understand how things work.[/color]
Domon Posted August 5, 2002 Author Posted August 5, 2002 I didn't say i didn't like the game, its just the hassale of buying all that stuff for it. I'm sure the game has a good plot. I really was just saying i didn't like buying all the equipment for it. I've double checked this post and i didn't see anywhere that i said i hated the game, i may have stated that i dislike the fact that you have to buy a bunch of equipment and that i dislike having to pay for playing the game online, but i did not state anywhere that i hate the game itself so i don't know why you are flamming me. I thought i was entitled to voice my own opinion.
James Posted August 7, 2002 Posted August 7, 2002 [color=royalblue]Don't be silly. I'm not flaming you. If you think [i]that[/i] was flaming, then you won't last long here. lol I'm just talking in general terms. Despite the initial outlay for hardware, the game [i]could[/i] be worthwhile. As I mentioned, it's proving to be very popular in Japan, despite all the costs (and bugs) involved.[/color]
RicoTranzrig Posted August 7, 2002 Posted August 7, 2002 I've heard it's pretty lengthy to install...but the game practically runs off the HD so the load times are really down...the FMV is a huge improvement from FFX, looking a lot like the FMV from Blizzard's latest games WCIII and Diablo 2 and the game looks very promising and a worthy accomplishment for Square's first MMORPG. Though I'd probably just take a PC version if it's going to be released sometime later on...
Barra Maral Posted August 9, 2002 Posted August 9, 2002 Yeah, I think it will be worth the while. I am thinking of buying it when it comes out. I can't wait.
Desbreko Posted August 10, 2002 Posted August 10, 2002 [color=indigo]Well, from (almost) everything I've heard about FFXI, it sounds like I'm going to love it. I'm finally going to be able to play my character that I have in my head in a real game! I can't wait to go adventuring with other live people, instead of controlling a party of characters. That, in my oppinion, is what RPGs are supposed to be. You have your character, and you interact with other people. In effect, you are playing the role of someone else in a fantasy world, hence the name [u]R[/u]ole [u]P[/u]laying [u]G[/u]ame, or RPG for short.[/color]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now